Fernando Torres

You just can't help but to bitch about Torres again can you lol?!

He is amazing today, period, it's blatant bias to say otherwise. And a reality check for you mate, no one, I mean none, can perform like this every match, not even Messi.

Just take off your tinted specs and appreciate, without hinting anything negative.

If you consider his performance today was amazing, and amazing is basically as good as it gets, then that just proves how little you think of Torres really.

No goal, no assist and sent off and probably cost us a point. Amazing huh?

HOWEVER, I still think he performed well. Decent linkup play but what I liked the most is that he showed passion, determination and will. THAT, was amazing because i havent seen him show that in the Chelsea shirt. But to call his performance amazing, is to take it too far...

except Mata had a match that was at most the same level (I think Torres was slightly better) and you have people worshiping him, calling it amazing or more. Except that if it was any other player people would be calling it more than amazing. Except that people are really ready to call off Torres simply because of the last 30 months. Newsflash, the last 30 months don't play in the pitch, the current player does and he was really good against Swindon and repeated (imo actually even improved) that performance against Tottenham today. What else could people possible want?

And excuse me while I stand by other's comments: He was amazing today. Great link up, beautiful assist for Mata in the off-side goal, amazing dribbles with his body getting rid of 2 or 3 opponents in 2-3 occasions, amazing ball for Schürrle and was good in the goal shot Lloris saved. So yeah, I don't know why it doesn't amount to amazing, but whatever, it seems like people here hope for him to go back in a shitty streak (not meaning you, as you even said you hope he continues) so they can be proved right about how he will never be decent again.

It never ceases to amaze me how I've been basically a Torres hater (hater is a strong word as I would never hate on a Chelsea player, but I was really unhappy with him and used to bitch a lot about him because well he was below criticism) for two years and in this forum I found myself defending him more than I thought I ever would...

edit: I don't get why people are saying he should have been sent off for in 51'. He was touching Vertoghen's face and the guy was angry and threw Torres' arm away which is why the things seems more violent or whatever than it was. It wasn't a red card play at all!!!!!!!!!! Are people really that willing to dismiss him? wow I'm really impressed - and not positively. That shouldn't be a red card anywhere in the world and all pundits I've seen (dailymail, bbc, espn brazil, Sky) never said he should have been sent off because of that, but TC's gurus think he should have... this is appalling.

Torres getting sent off was justified and I knew it was gonna happen. He just couldnt calm himself down with Vertongen.

And it wasnt a red card, he got a YELLOW card. But since he already had one, he got the red.

PS: He even managed to scratch Vertongens face and got away with that, so again, the 2nd yellow was justified. Like I said, he couldnt calm down and keep his emotions in check.

The Amazing Torres, now imagine him scoring a hat trick in the EPL and wake up :D

But fair play to him those 25 minutes in the second half are about as good as we've seen him play since his Liverpool days, could have had two assists and a goal but got send off instead.

He got booked to his reaction after the "trip", if he had decided to walk away instead of getting into the whole incident and Vertongen's face he would not have gotten a yellow, he was lucky not to get red carded at that point for his stupidity the ref didn't see the scratch obviously. He booked him for making something out of nothing.

Showed Mourinho was wrong to bench him. That red was possible today was always likely given how he was playing so Mourinho should have subbed him.

torres is a confidence player. for the first time in 2 and a half years, he has shown the confidence to take on defenders and actually go past them. and then u say jose should have subbed him off? torres would have come right to square one.

there are always players on yellow but you dont take them off unnecessarily. torres was the BEST PLAYER ON THE PITCH in the 2nd half. to take him off would have been stupid. he dint do anything violent after the 1st yellow. it was a 50-50 air ball, which torres had every right to go for. infact i would have been worried if he had not. he dint lead with his elbow or tug at jan's shirt or kill him or anything. he just went for the ball. the red was a poor decision but to sub him off would have been worse for him. also i am sure, like in the post-match conference, the first thing that mou would have said to him would have been "this is the torres i wanna see every match"

It is like every time Torres plays well in the league he has to mess it up someway or another.. Against United when we lost 3-1 where he scores a brilliant chip over DDG, he then goes on to miss an open goal. Against Swansea when we beat them 4-1 a couple of seasons ago he scores a brilliant goal after a brilliant dink over the top from Mata and then gets sent off and yesterday was playing excellently and then once again gets sent off facepalm.gif

More of the same Torres please without the altercations with other players and one thing I hope to see in the league soon from you, goals :)

Looking at the incident again on MOTD, it look as if Torres didn't actually clip Vertonghen. More like a dive from him.

Vertongen went down when he thought that the ball had got away from him and even if Fernando did touch him, he over exaggerated.