Fernando Torres

Let's be fair now, Sturridge had a head-start

(Pls don't bring up the "number of games Sturridge got last season compared to Torres")

Sturridge is still shit. Selfish cunt who doesnt have a right foot. Much happier with Lukaku, Ba and Torres than Sturridge and Torres. Saying that Ill be even happier when Torres fucks off.

What a twattish statement, Torres hasn't even kicked a ball yet; Sturridge on the other hand scored one and missed six other glaring chances.

But Sturridge will out score Torres. Even last season Torres played more than Sturridge and when Sturridge left he outscored Torres, LOL. Sturridge is a quality striker, better than Torres and even if he misses some, he also scores and has created a few, eg us last season goal and assist. Torres is a mere disappointment.

Maybe I'm wrong. I just remember Sturridge killing the flow of our game so many times. There's no arguing his goals per game last year compared to Torres. And you can laugh all you want about hard working Torres and his sulking but I feel like next to Sturridge's attitude he looks like a model squad player.

Model squad player on 175k p/w also the comments about ruining the flow just proves you had forgotten AVB's season; where Mata Sturridge and Ramires were the only players in the first half of the season who had good contribution to our attack while Drogba; Torres; Malouda; Kalou were all under performing and Lampard I believe was injured for a while and took time to find form.

Sturridge is still shit. Selfish cunt who doesnt have a right foot. Much happier with Lukaku, Ba and Torres than Sturridge and Torres. Saying that Ill be even happier when Torres fucks off.

Let's be fair now, his left foot more than compensates.

Let's be fair now, his left foot more than compensates.

What about positions where the use of the left foot isnt possible? A complete striker should be able to use both feet well.

If he scores tomorrow then some will say meh it was only Hull city.If he doesn't score then most of us will start off with we only have 10 men in the team jokes etc.So don't really know what to expect from this thread tomorrow. If he doesn't feature tomorrow then well thats just another debate.

He misses chances because he is a superior player to Torres who doesn't get into position or beat players in order for chances to fall for him. Sturridge has outscored Torres in the League 3 SEASONS in a roll, in a squad role or on the wing, to even mention Torres who is the invisible man or the odd man out in our squad and compare him to Sturridge or Lukaku is an insult to both youngsters.

he outscored torred after playing 3-4 matches until jan last year

If Sturridge killed the flow off our game, i wouldn't even want to think of the word Torres does for our play.

Torres complimented our Mazacar passing style football last season even though he was shit as a striker.

Sturridge was never into our 1-2 passing game. He just wants to receive the ball, get on his fav left and jab one into the net (never good at that though)

What about positions where the use of the left foot isnt possible? A complete striker should be able to use both feet well.

Well mate, now we no longer have to worry about his left foot or right foot unless we're playing Liverpool again.

Anyway, I've said it before. I'm looking forward to see how Torres will play under Mourinho,..I won't hold my breath, though.

Torres complimented our Mazacar passing style football last season

Yeah .... Just like his celebrations complemented

a6372becd598c6c8c6b364e9dcf6c41253013.gi:Goober:

I don't agree, mate. It is not because the rest of the options are even worse, he is automatically decent or even good. Torres has been under par, I believe, for more than two years. That is a sign. A true sign. His confidence keeps faltering, his performances sometimes really dreadfull, sometimes decent.

He did not pull of his price, nor the epectations. We say it, trainers adress that problem (and claim to be able to fix it, eg FSW), pudnits say it, opponents say it, foreigners say it, .....

What is even more ... Torres sucked even in build up with Mazacar. Last season he could not even be arsed to run the channels the first months. True though ... He came roung and was decent at the end.

But all in all .... And this counts when doing an evaluation - he has underperformed consistently, also in complementing Mazacar. The times a ball shot across the goal area - just neeing a tap in- was ugh. The loss of speed when ombining ith him, loss of possession, etc.

A ballon d'or dude performing like this for so long does not get a 'good' nor even 'sufficient' label from me. I am sorry :-)

Yeah .... Just like his celebrations complemented

a6372becd598c6c8c6b364e9dcf6c41253013.gi:Goober:

I don't agree, mate. It is not because the rest of the options are even worse, he is automatically decent or even good. Torres has been under par, I believe, for more than two years. That is a sign. A true sign. His confidence keeps faltering, his performances sometimes really dreadfull, sometimes decent.

He did not pull of his price, nor the epectations. We say it, trainers adress that problem (and claim to be able to fix it, eg FSW), pudnits say it, opponents say it, foreigners say it, .....

What is even more ... Torres sucked even in build up with Mazacar. Last season he could not even be arsed to run the channels the first months. True though ... He came roung and was decent at the end.

But all in all .... And this counts when doing an evaluation - he has underperformed consistently, also in complementing Mazacar. The times a ball shot across the goal area - just neeing a tap in- was ugh. The loss of speed when ombining ith him, loss of possession, etc.

A ballon d'or dude performing like this for so long does not get a 'good' nor even 'sufficient' label from me. I am sorry :-)

Let's just hope, like the gif, he gets back up again.

Then i'm sure you'll have faith in Romelu..haha

I do ... Somewhat.

Rom is not a declining, knee shot, semi depressed, doubting, faltering star. I do not see Torres bouncing back. Almost a year ago i posted i only see him gain a good lot of his skills when he would go back to spain, take a cut on pay and play with less pressure. Find his game again. Maybe then.

Romelu is a beast .... But he has to me too little intelligence for now. Its not his first touch as much as I see it - that has improved and gotten worse directly correlated with his conidence level. Nah, its just age. REAL young age. He is fickle as you would expect from a super young lad.

Torres, is even worse NOT being 19/20.