Fernando Torres

Yes. Hard-working Torres. A blind rat that has watched our matches would be able to see how much he tries to do his best for the team. If you'd have said that a few months back, I'd have agreed with you somewhat, though.

Just because of that, and the fact that he's Blue, regardless of everything else, he'll continue to have my support. He may not score the goals, but the spirit he exhibits most of the times now really helps the entire team in more ways than one. This is a guy who tries to give his best even though so many think he can't anymore, and I for one respect that.

hard working torres - i am sure only a BLIND RAT that has watched our matches would say that.

hard-working and torres, blind and watched - paradox of paradoxes.

I'll take a hard working Torres over that selfish prick Sturridge any day.

I'll take a hard working Torres over that selfish prick Sturridge any day.

where is that jordan gif when you need it ?? hard working torres hahhaha I can't stop laughing right now joke of the year.

ban yourself.

Why, because you disagree with me? For Chelsea last season, out of Sturridge, Torres and Ba, Torres was our best striker. Sturridge got few chances, but the odd game he got at CF (ie Blackburn away), he was fucking dire, and people soon got used to the idea of him being second-choice.

And also I presume you're saying that because unlike you I don't think Drogba was the best thing since sliced bread. Any post I make about Drogba with even the slightest criticism of the player, you jump all over me. You ought to learn to construct an argument with analysis and evidence rather than saying "ban yourself" for attempted comedic effect.

Why, because you disagree with me? For Chelsea last season, out of Sturridge, Torres and Ba, Torres was our best striker. Sturridge got few chances, but the odd game he got at CF (ie Blackburn away), he was fucking dire, and people soon got used to the idea of him being second-choice.

And also I presume you're saying that because unlike you I don't think Drogba was the best thing since sliced bread. Any post I make about Drogba with even the slightest criticism of the player, you jump all over me. You ought to learn to construct an argument with analysis and evidence rather than saying "ban yourself" for attempted comedic effect.

That's the most worrying thing about last season...Torres was our best striker.

He got to start 28 games in the PL last season and managed a pathetic return of 8 goals.

If we gave Sturridge 28 starts with a bit of confidence that he wouldn't be dropped the following game, he'd be able to score more than 8 goals...same with Ba.

Torres has been given plenty of time to settle in at the club and he has failed to deliver in the PL...the only competition where he has looked good is the Europa league..against surprise, surprise average defenders.

I just hope Mourinho can help Torres score more than 8 PL goals this season.

Sturridge didn't get a few chances; he got one match as a forward in the 2011/2012 season together with Lukaku against Blackbrun - despite that outscored our strikers in the EPL; had the most match changing goals in the EPL for us and was our top scorer with Lampard despite not playing much in the second half of the season.

He averages a goal every 130 minutes since turning professional, just watch his performances for Liverpool against Us & Manchester City last season at the scousers and tell me when Torres has produced anything even remotely close to that up top for us.

To say that Floppes is better than Ba or Sturridge is an absolute joke.

so a person who got what 3-5 (i seriously doubt if it was even 3) starts in half a season was worse than some1 who was absolutely hopeless and was still started. and we wont take into consideration the fact that sturridge needed match time, match fitness, a little trust from the management (and voila see what he is doing at pool when given the no.1 striker role, just scored an awesome long ranger).

also when did we play blackburn last season. what u mean is wba away where sturridge started on the right wing while torres started as CF. after 60 mins of hopelessly playing walking dead on the pitch, torres was taking off for mata and sturridge was pushed center. then he had 3 one on one and all of them had a big role by sturridge's own movement, the word which is no longer in the person who you are calling our best striker's dictionary.

so no, that was not the time any1 realised that sturridge was no.2. infact even rdm dropped torres for the juve match after realising how hopeless he is, but unfortunately FSW came along that was the end of sturridge's chelsea career.

(i seriously dont know what u meant by blackburn away, the only blackburn game i do remember is our last home game in 2011-12 but i have gone on a limb here).

i wanted to construct a post last night itself but i simply dint think that yours was one which deserved so much time and attention since it was that bad, hence the comedic effect. to say we knew at the START of the last season that torres was our best striker is wrong on so many levels. the only thing we knew was that we let go off DD to give torres a real shot at the no.1 striker, loaned out lukaku, and dint buy a WC striker so that torres dint feel threatened. we all knew that sturridge is/was a better striker than torres but simply shot ourselves in the leg by the blind faith in torres. and that is the fact.

as for DD, i would like to discuss that in person (or rather not in public) as it would be a loooooooonnnnngggg discussion.

First goal of the season scored by Daniel Sturridge but of course Floppes is better

What a twattish statement, Torres hasn't even kicked a ball yet; Sturridge on the other hand scored one and missed six other glaring chances.

What a twattish statement, Torres hasn't even kicked a ball yet; Sturridge on the other hand scored one and missed six other glaring chances.

He misses chances because he is a superior player to Torres who doesn't get into position or beat players in order for chances to fall for him. Sturridge has outscored Torres in the League 3 SEASONS in a roll, in a squad role or on the wing, to even mention Torres who is the invisible man or the odd man out in our squad and compare him to Sturridge or Lukaku is an insult to both youngsters.