Fernando Torres

Are you comparing Eideur Gudjohnsen, Hernan Crespo and Didier Drogba to Demba Ba, Lukaku and Torres ? Three quality stikers and very different profiles, Eideur was perfect when you needed technique, Drogba the enforcer and Crespo for his finishing, I dont think our three strikers now are near that level, Torres with his zero capacities wont even be counted, Lukaku is young to have the impact of a Drogba in big matches, and Demba Ba cant find form playing one match in two weeks.

Crespo? Wasn't he sold by Jose because of his manner problems? Eider and Drogba were both used brilliantly by Jose, neither of them ran riots in front of the goals but Jose knew when to use them and they delivered. And that is what i am hoping would happen with Torres, Lukaku and BA. Ofcourse they are not perfect strikeforce for any team but with the likes of Hazard, Schurlle, Mata, Oscar, KDB, i am more optimistic than others. I, for one think that Chelsea right now can go into the league and compete on all fronts equally.

Crespo? Wasn't he sold by Jose because of his manner problems? Eider and Drogba were both used brilliantly by Jose, neither of them ran riots in front of the goals but Jose knew when to use them and they delivered. And that is what i am hoping would happen with Torres, Lukaku and BA. Ofcourse they are not perfect strikeforce for any team but with the likes of Hazard, Schurlle, Mata, Oscar, KDB, i am more optimistic than others. I, for one think that Chelsea right now can go into the league and compete on all fronts equally.

Crespo is a simple man that did not like to live in England, on the pitch he delivered quite well.José knew, will José know ? We need Rooney because he brings guaranties.

the amount of things i found funny in this posts are simply countless.

lets start with his "EFFORT". now when and where exactly have you seen him put in "effort". i dont know how much of it he puts in the training but on the field his workrate and "effort" is more often than not, horrible. and this is not something thats coming off the blue. strikers like torres, higuain are not really known for their workrate all over the pitch compared to some1 like cavani, tevez, DD etc. what torres was mostly known for was his pace (which is GONE), his dribbling (its now non-existent and whenever he does try it, the ball ends up with the opposition) and his finishing (hahahaha - i dont think i need to tell a chelsea fan any thing about torres' finishing).

anyways i am going off-topic here. as you said he puts in a lot of "effort". to contradict that i would ask you to watch his performance in the CL final and EL final. now that was effort. he WON us the corner which led to the DD goal and it was not just an attempted cross that hit the defender and went out, torres actually fought for the ball and ended up earning a corner. THAT'S EFFORT. similarly his performance in the EL final. he wanted to prove something to the world and what better stage than a final, and hence his only good goal in the blue-shirt (please dont say barca here). those 2 performances from torres clearly say that he simply does not give 100% for chelsea while playing a league game and i for one dont want a player who earns 200k/week but cant put his heart on the line (he should probably just go to ramires and ask for a few pointers).

the myth of his LINK-UP play was solved during the madrid match. moreover how do you expect some1 to be good at link up play when he cant hold the ball, falls down at the first touch of the defender and looses the ball 90% of the time, it touches his feet.

some1 did an awesome goal to goal analysis of all the goals torres has scored in the chelsea shirt sometime back. the level of the teams that torres scored against came out to be relegation threatened/championship level/europa league level. a club of chelsea's stature wants it striker to be a match changer in a semi-final of a CL (remember DD or very recently remember what lewandowski did), instead i seriously doubt any true chelsea supporter would want to see torres starting in a CL final against any of RM, barca, BM. would u?

so u think only because torres is not taking us to court, or saying that he wants to leave (i would actually start loving him that day) or that he does not fuck other players' wife (what a cheap shot) - that makes him a GOOD PLAYER? we are supposed to adore, respect and like a player because he has not done the above mentioned 3 things? I WOULD RATHER WANT MY PLAYER TO PLAY WELL ON THE FIELD. JT fucked a teammates' wife and still is regarded as a LEGEND, because he gives his all for the team, and you can see it him. so dont talk shit and give such childish excuses.

torres knew what he was doing when he signed for us. he knew he was a 50mil striker. he signed the contract which made him that. what did he think it was gonna be? a FIFA-ESQUE world where nothing matters and everything was gonna be hunky-dory no matter what. he knew the risks, he knew the amount of pressure he was inviting and now he has to deal with the scorn. as for the jersey sales - lets not become all become ROMAN. how many jerseys torres sells does in now way help US, what does help us is the players and the team performing well on the pitch and winning trophies.

in short we have a striker whose workrate sucks, i seriously dont remember any long range goals from him (newcastle was out of the box so i ll give him the benefit of doubt there), who definitely is not a game-changer, passing is poor and he earns 200k/week and probably would hamper the development of one the most promising strikers in the world and also his sulkiness on getting decent game-time might effect the team morale.

so what should we be cheering about or what should we be supporting him for? i ll start supposrting him when he starts caring about the chelsea jersey, he not gonna get without fighting for it.

If all that's true, why hasn't Jose sold him yet? Why is he keeping him on the books, if he is so bad! Why would any coach keep him in his team, let alone the special one! Please don't come up with "He is roman's buy, roman will never sell him".

I never asked you to adore him or respect him but there is a think known as "Middle ground". You don't have to be extreme in your reactions and feelings!

Crespo is a simple man that did not like to live in England, on the pitch he delivered quite well.José knew, will José know ? We need Rooney because he brings guaranties.

Sorry but i din't get that? What do you mean?

If all that's true, why hasn't Jose sold him yet? Why is he keeping him on the books, if he is so bad! Why would any coach keep him in his team, let alone the special one! Please don't come up with "He is roman's buy, roman will never sell him".

I never asked you to adore him or respect him but there is a think known as "Middle ground". You don't have to be extreme in your reactions and feelings!

i think there is a very simple answer to it all - NO ONE WANTS HIM!!! ever think of that? would you want to buy a 29/30 year old hugely OVER-RATED striker who would cost about 10-15 mil (on the lower side) plus has the wages of 200k/week.

also jose's stance on torres will be very aparent in a few weeks when torres wont find a place on even on the bench (of course he ll start those carling cup matches though).

the middle ground was lost last season when torres gave up absolutely and completely at the half way point of the season.

Sorry but i din't get that? What do you mean?

I trust Mourinho's capacities to fix our Chelsea, but Torres and BA are not good enough, José knows how to manage talent but these two does not reach the level of talent to bring titles.I dont think he will make Torres score 33 goals per season like he did with Drogba for an example and same goes for BA.What he can do is to play one of them in a match where they can make the difference but dont exepct them to flourish, they wont be different kind of players because they are too old for that.I hope he'll use them to get the maximum of their talent but dont be surprised if Mourinho fails.

i think there is a very simple answer to it all - NO ONE WANTS HIM!!! ever think of that? would you want to buy a 29/30 year old hugely OVER-RATED striker who would cost about 10-15 mil (on the lower side) plus has the wages of 200k/week.

also jose's stance on torres will be very aparent in a few weeks when torres wont find a place on even on the bench (of course he ll start those carling cup matches though).

the middle ground was lost last season when torres gave up absolutely and completely at the half way point of the season.

Here's a 4 month old article where Atletico Mdrid's boss wants him. http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/386551/Diego-Simeone-wants-Fernando-Torres-back-at-Atletico-Madrid

Valencia are reportedly interested in him : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2381357/Fernando-Torres-wanted-Valencia-replace-Roberto-Soldado.html

Here's Jose saying he is happy with him : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/330223/Banish-those-blues-Jose-Mourinho-urges-Fernando-Torres-to-stay

I trust Mourinho's capacities to fix our Chelsea, but Torres and BA are not good enough, José knows how to manage talent but these two does not reach the level of talent to bring titles.I dont think he will make Torres score 33 goals per season like he did with Drogba for an example and same goes for BA.What he can do is to play one of them in a match where they can make the difference but dont exepct them to flourish, they wont be different kind of players because they are too old for that.I hope he'll use them to get the maximum of their talent but dont be surprised if Mourinho fails.

Well, it took him 2 season to make Drogba hit 33 in a single season. Although, you are right, none of our current strikeforce can score that many goals but then again what we lack in our strikers, we make up for it in our attacking midfielders.

Ok, considering RVP won Utd the trophy, that is the flavor of the season but elementary rule? Not really, why i say that is because during Jose's first season in charge here, that wasn't the case but we still won it by a record margin. Now i agree that times have changed, may be but i still think our strike force right now is capable enough to challenge for the title!

Jose's first two season's were the exception and the reason we got away with it is because Drogba and Eidur made up for lack of goal's in other ways, Torres doesn't.

Since Jose left there has only been one season we have had a forward consistently banging in goals during the course of the season and that's the only season since we have won the league.

Jose's first two season's were the exception and the reason we got away with it is because Drogba and Eidur made up for lack of goal's in other ways, Torres doesn't.

Since Jose left there has only been one season we have had a forward consistently banging in goals during the course of the season and that's the only season since we have won the league.

Yes, i agree! We will just have to see how we go forward this season, though! We were the 2nd highest goal scoring team last season with 75 goals, with Nando and BA. Lukaku should definitely improve that! A striker is more than welcome(etoo or Rooney) but i won't lose my sleep over it!

Well, it took him 2 season to make Drogba hit 33 in a single season. Although, you are right, none of our current strikeforce can score that many goals but then again what we lack in our strikers, we make up for it in our attacking midfielders.

Attacking midfielders main role is to feed the striker, not to work with him to create opportunities for themselves, last season many times Rafa said we were working to make Torres in best condition, not our attacking midfielders.Strikers score goals and attacking midfielders create ones, this is how it works.At the end of the season your best scorer must be your main striker, if its not there is a problem.

Attacking midfielders main role is to feed the striker, not to work with him to create opportunities for themselves, last season many times Rafa said we were working to make Torres in best condition, not our attacking midfielders.Strikers score goals and attacking midfielders create ones, this is how it works.At the end of the season your best scorer must be your main striker, if its not there is a problem.

I should clarify that by attacking midfielders, i meant wingers as well(Hazard, Schurrle, Moses) and not just Mata, Oscar and KDB!

What you say about them is right but it's pretty textbook stuff! It's not necessary that that is what will happen in the game as well! Now a days, CFs are used to create spaces for the AMFs to run in on goal, CFs are used to knock the ball down for the AMFs to get to them and score! Football has evolved a lot(thanks to Barcelona lately) when it comes to attacking options! Gone are the days where teams would line a simple 4 4 2 formation and only CFs were supposed to score the goals. Hence as i said in my last comment, we were the 2nd highest goal scorers in the league!

I should clarify that by attacking midfielders, i meant wingers as well(Hazard, Schurrle, Moses) and not just Mata, Oscar and KDB!

What you say about them is right but it's pretty textbook stuff! It's not necessary that that is what will happen in the game as well! Now a days, CFs are used to create spaces for the AMFs to run in on goal, CFs are used to knock the ball down for the AMFs to get to them and score! Football has evolved a lot(thanks to Barcelona lately) when it comes to attacking options! Gone are the days where teams would line a simple 4 4 2 formation and only CFs were supposed to score the goals. Hence as i said in my last comment, we were the 2nd highest goal scorers in the league!

And the third best team in England.

Barcelona have Messi, he create spaces for teammates but at the end of the day he is their top scorer.Suarez does the same, van Persie in a different role but still help a lot his team, Rooney back in the 2010 season, Henry at Arsenal...all are very good center-forwards but all are top scorers before anything else.Gone are the days where team would line a simple 442 ? 442 was never a simple formation, it was the most used one because if your players respond well to your ideas it works.Ferguson with his 442 or 4411 could only agree, use well your talents, not adapting them to your schema.

No one wants Torres, if they did he would have been sold long time ago. He alone was the difference between us challenging for the title and scrapping for forth last season. A striker that scored 1 goal in 321 minutes on the field for us in the EPL last season and his goals are against some of the worst sides, with the only quality opposition he scored against were Everton and Arsenal virtually any other goal he scored was against Relegation threatened teams. In about 1/3 of the playing time Sturridge scored 11 goals in the EPL, managed to be MOTM against US and Manchester City and scored another goal against United. Lukaku managed a hat trick last season against United and scored a goal at a higher rate than RvP and Suarez in a lesser team. Meantime Torres struggles with virtually the two best chance creators in the Premier League - Mata and Hazard

And the third best team in England.

Barcelona have Messi, he create spaces for teammates but at the end of the day he is their top scorer.Suarez does the same, van Persie in a different role but still help a lot his team, Rooney back in the 2010 season, Henry at Arsenal...all are very good center-forwards but all are top scorers before anything else.Gone are the days where team would line a simple 442 ? 442 was never a simple formation, it was the most used one because if your players respond well to your ideas it works.Ferguson with his 442 or 4411 could only agree, use well your talents, not adapting them to your schema.

4 4 2 is now not used by top teams that extensively now, most of them line up in a 4 3 3 or more so in a 4 2 3 1 formation. Now i am not saying that we don't need a prolific striker but our midfield(esp Lampard) has always scored lots of goals which most of the other teams don't have the luxury of! 2nd highest goals scorers but 3rd in the league, for me that shows that Attack shouldn't be our first priority, midfield and defense is and we already have a much better MF and Defense than last time around!

No one wants Torres, if they did he would have been sold long time ago. He alone was the difference between us challenging for the title and scrapping for forth last season. A striker that scored 1 goal in 321 minutes on the field for us in the EPL last season and his goals are against some of the worst sides, with the only quality opposition he scored against were Everton and Arsenal virtually any other goal he scored was against Relegation threatened teams. In about 1/3 of the playing time Sturridge scored 11 goals in the EPL, managed to be MOTM against US and Manchester City and scored another goal against United. Lukaku managed a hat trick last season against United and scored a goal at a higher rate than RvP and Suarez in a lesser team. Meantime Torres struggles with virtually the two best chance creators in the Premier League - Mata and Hazard

I certainly believe that if Jose wanted to offload Torres, he would have been offloaded a long time ago as you said! Again, i have to say i am not a Torres fan boy or anything but he certainly wasn't the reason of us losing out on title! We had RDM(fairly inexperienced) and Fat Waiter at helm and we gave away too many leads to either draw or lose! Nothing Torres or any other striker would have done!