BlueLion.
Followers 2

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can proudly confirm I made some personal attempt to get him out of Chelsea. Went to the Wolfsburg game in Constance today and tried to convince them to buy Torres. tried everything from screaming to

In the 90s Blackburn was the first club to win the Premiership after a serious money injection. They called it "winning with a credit card". Credit cards are made out of plastic therefore Blackburn fa

Being shit on purpose to deflect criticism from his teammates and manager ... Because he's the hero Chelsea deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Bec

Posted Images

Last night he played well, some nice dribbles, few great shots and good linkup play with his teammates. He looked confident and relaxed and deserved a goal also. Looking forward to seeing him back on the pitch.

DB does seem to have a soft spot for Torres as do most of the Spanish NT. Hope to see him play against Scotland at least especially considering Spain has already qualified. Hope to see him get some playing time for his match fitness. October 19 is a long way off.

Was surprised Soldado wasn't called up based on his season form. Comparing the two strikers Wed night:

First half: Torres had that bad touch/poss penalty then was getting pushed around the rest of the half. Subdued half. Soldado's name wasn't mentioned much at all.

Second half: Torres had two quick shots on goal saved by Valdes Alves who had a crazy good (for him) match. Soldado had a header miss the other way. Soldado did score on a PK. Even if Chelsea had a PK, Torres would probably not take it.

I thought Torres had a better game than Soldado but it's not like either was a 9 or 10 match rating either.

DB does seem to have a soft spot for Torres as do most of the Spanish NT. Hope to see him play against Scotland at least especially considering Spain has already qualified. Hope to see him get some playing time for his match fitness. October 19 is a long way off.

Was surprised Soldado wasn't called up based on his season form. Comparing the two strikers Wed night:

First half: Torres had that bad touch/poss penalty then was getting pushed around the rest of the half. Subdued half. Soldado's name wasn't mentioned much at all.

Second half: Torres had two quick shots on goal saved by Valdes who had a crazy good (for him) match. Soldado had a header miss the other way. Soldado did score on a PK. Even if Chelsea had a PK, Torres would probably not take it.

I thought Torres had a better game than Soldado but it's not like either was a 9 or 10 match rating either.

You mean Alves. If Valdes saved against Torres on Wednesday, you know Fernando is having some bad motherf...luck...

The game could give Torres a chance to break a yearlong scoring drought with the national team.

His last goals for Spain came on Sept. 3 last year when he scored a double in a 4-0 win over Liechtenstein in the opening Euro 2012 qualifier.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports/2011/10/06/torres-hopes-to-play-for-spain-against-czechs/#ixzz1a1NoKzUj

Shit like this ticks me off. Yearlong drought? Do you know how many games he's started for Spain since last September?

One.

One start in a friendly against Italy where he left after 14 minutes because of injury. He scored in an official friendly against the US as a sub so it's not even true that he hasn't scored in a year. The longest time he's been on the pitch for Spain since the WC has been 57 minutes which is the game where he scored a brace.

Del Bosque: "I believe he played well, he was eager to be involved in the game, but we could not come up with a good pass for him."

The he said "I told him to be patient" - speaking about his goal drought for Spain.

Torres even in his very best form was patchy for Spain. He could do the job generally but not dominate or shine like Villa. In the last year with his struggles, he looks so out of step with Spain. Yes, partly due to form but it really just shows how incompatible Torres is with Spain's possession game. The man is just not made for that game and as a Torres fan it's frustrating to watch. It also angers me when people just say 'aw, he's shit'. No, he's shit for that type of game. He is what he is and he's a striker who needs space and is perfect for counter-attacking football. When it comes to football he's so un-Spanish it's unreal.

Basically he's been part of the Spanish team because coaches considered him a big enough talent to carry as a Plan B. At this time, I'm not sure if Del Bosque is going to continue to do this. It looks like he's giving Torres every opportunity to regain some form for Spain but I wonder if soon DB will say "basta" and move on with other CFs. Judging by the comments on Marca and AS, it seems most of the public have had enough.

If Torres returns to form, it'll be with Chelsea, where finally the game is suiting him more.

• Like 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg4ShfkAwdQ&feature=player_embedded

Can anyone who speaks spanish translate what he said about the miss at OT?

I'm not vouching for the accuracy of this translation but it's the only one I could find.

Fernando: since we started this pre-season I feel very good, more secure of myself, more than anything and with Mata I think everything got better. We were lucky to bring him to Chelsea and he has shown what he’s worth in the games and what he can be for Chelsea in the future.

(when they show the clip of the miss against ManU) Yeah, those situations you maybe only have once in your life, but yeah its inexplicable and they have to happen once in your life and we hope that’s it. During this week we were looking at things that were similar and we saw that Cristiano Ronaldo missed one almost identical, so that made me feel better.

the new atleti

I think it’s exciting. That the fans should be excited for the new players who had everything in their clubs and came to atleti.. I think that Atleti is starting to look like a club you want to go to. And just like every new team, they’ve had their ups and downs but they will be able to compete against Real Madrid and Barca, maybe in a couple of years.

Falcao

He surprised those who didn’t know him and I’m not surprised he’s doing it, I think he’s a very good player. And the Atletis are very lucky to have him.

Would you return to Atleti?

I’ve said it a lot of times, I would never go to retire in Atletico Madrid. I would go back if I had the will to go and do what I wasn’t able to do during my first time there. I have five years with Chelsea, I’ll be 32 then and I hope to finish them there. And in my plan is not to go back.

• Like 4