BlueLion.
Followers 2

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can proudly confirm I made some personal attempt to get him out of Chelsea. Went to the Wolfsburg game in Constance today and tried to convince them to buy Torres. tried everything from screaming to

In the 90s Blackburn was the first club to win the Premiership after a serious money injection. They called it "winning with a credit card". Credit cards are made out of plastic therefore Blackburn fa

Being shit on purpose to deflect criticism from his teammates and manager ... Because he's the hero Chelsea deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Bec

Posted Images

https://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/noticias/mercado-atl%C3%A9tico-y-chelsea-cerca-de-acuerdo-torres-211809813--sow.html

Atletico Madrid are apparently ("close") interested in him. It makes sense after losing Costa and Villa and only bringing in Mandzu. We should accept any offer no less than 10 mil euros for him. No need to negotiate too long lest they lose interest, just sell.

Too good to be true.

This has already been mention but going to put some specific quotes here from news sources in English.

Torres could join @Atleti in coming days. #Atletico have spent several days in London negotiating his possible return. (Eurosport)

Chelsea asks about 16 million Euros for Fernando Torres transfer, a figure that #Atletico are trying to reduce. Discussions for Torres have also involved defender Miranda, but #Atletico insist #CFC will have to pay his release clause. (Eurosport)

(@ChelsTransfer)

I honestly believe this would be near perfect for all parties:

Torres gets to return home, something which may reignite his career.

Chelsea get him off their books and there is room for another ST.

Drogba's return would make more sense, and this would allow Lukaku to stay as he would be second choice guided by his idol Didier.

Atleti return a hero which will help them with their fans and they also replace David Villa however his wages may cause financial complications.

• Like 3

How is Athletico going to pay his wages?

Will Torres take a huge payout? Especially when he knows how strong a team we've built now which could win the PL and get very far in the CL.

Atletico can't afford his wages, especially not after they signed Mandzukic, simple as.

Well, they did pay David Villa €160k a week + bonuses last season and they've now got him off the wage bill. Paying high wages is not unheard of at Atletico.

While even the €160k figure is not close to Torres' current wages, approximately €220k a week, I would assume he's willing to accept a little less to re-join Atletico, the club he supposedly loves.

• Like 1

Well, they did pay David Villa 160k a week + bonuses last season and they've now got him off the wage bill. Paying high wages is not unheard of at Atletico.

While even the 160k figure is not close to Torres' current wages, approximately 220k a week, I would assume he's willing to accept a little less to re-join Atletico, the club he supposedly loves.

He can either play second fiddle to Costa at a team going for the treble here or play second fiddle to Mandzukic at an Atletico side that is likely to be less competitive than last season. And at lower wages as well.

I fear he loves Chelsea too!

He can either play second fiddle to Costa at a team going for the treble here or play second fiddle to Mandzukic at an Atletico side that is likely to be less competitive than last season. And at lower wages as well.

I fear he loves Chelsea too!

The difference is, Atletico plays with 2 strikers up front in a 4-4-2 formation. If he goes back, he can earn a lot of game time since their new guy (correa) is also out for 6 months.

If Torres leaves, can see us sell Lukaku as well ; and go all out for Cavani on 200k a week....dunno about Lukaku willing to challenge with those 2 around lol, that's why seems we have kept Everton waiting to see if we close for Edinson ....Costa, Cavani, Drogba - wow

For his own sake, he should jump at the chance to return to La liga. There's a reason he looks decent in European games when teams don't park the bus all the time and he has space to run into.

He would have that in abundance in Spain.

• Like 1