Fernando Torres

This.

£50 million for a player is just insane. Even more when it's for an injury prone and underperforming player. Roman should invest this money on other players, for instance Luiz + Sanchez/Neymar/Lukaku.

Plus I can't bear to give to Liverpool as much money as that...

Stop speaking sense for a minute.

Thing is though FB,signing Torres might mean he can't buy another Yacht this year,or might cap his spending on his new fancy piece(s).

Bet they won't be happy!

True Mike. I suppose most of the cash is self generating now -ie from us, TV rights etc.

Still in two minds about this -the best thing is he put in a transfer request which will have well fucked the mickeys off. :eyebrows: So even if we dont get him, the damage to the dippers is done.

If we dont get him however -come the Summer Barca, Citeh, Yernited -they'll all be sniffing round him. And if you look at Saturdays game we definitely need more firepower up front -and I still say Sturridge isnt the right quality

Stop speaking sense for a minute.

I'm with you guys. This is insane. I can already imagine reading 'Fernando Torres is injured' like a thousand times.

You can get Caroll/Hulk/Cavani (25-35 mil pounds) + Alexis Sánchez/Ashley Young (20-25 mil pounds) for 50 mil pounds (or a little over 50 mil).

I'm with you guys. This is insane.

You can get Caroll/Hulk/Cavani (25-35 mil pounds) + Alexis Sánchez/Ashley Young (20-25 mil pounds) for 50 mil pounds (or a little over 50 mil).

Yep.

But the thing is Roman wants this move as a way to tell the world we're back in the big time with regards to the transfer market. Torres to Chelsea grabs way more headlines than Carroll/Hulk etc.

True Mike. I suppose most of the cash is self generating now -ie from us, TV rights etc.

Still in two minds about this -the best thing is he put in a transfer request which will have well fucked the mickeys off. :eyebrows: So even if we dont get him, the damage to the dippers is done.

If we dont get him however -come the Summer Barca, Citeh, Yernited -they'll all be sniffing round him. And if you look at Saturdays game we definitely need more firepower up front -and I still say Sturridge isnt the right quality

I agree mate.the summer will be a mass scramble for Torres,Augero,Carroll.

I just don't want to see us regretting this Torres deal,so i say knock the whole thing on the head,move on,we know the Premier League is a big ask this season,so let's go hell for leather in the champions league and move on with what we've got.

We can plot world domination next season.

I'm with you guys. This is insane.

The transfer price is not what the club is worried about. It's player wages. Offloading Ballack, Cole, Deco and Carvalho for virtually nothing is like saving 50 million a season.

I just don't want to see us regretting this Torres deal,so i say knock the whole thing on the head,move on,we know the Premier League is a big ask this season,so let's go hell for leather in the champions league and move on with what we've got.

You're probably right there M. The board could spunk £50 million just for him to get injured , or he needs some hormone replacement therapy. Plus you know how shit our medical team are. (Benayoun)

I agree here. I say grab Torres although it be an expensive deal, but I think having him will bring Ageuro and Spainish players in the summer. Carrol etc will go in the summer. Liverpool trying to tie something up today which is insane. This day is gonna be crazy!