Fernando Torres

Yep, he's finished. First off, he was never that good unless the entire team was absolutely dedicated to doing nothing else than getting goals out of him- probably because they had no other choice but to play like that to remain competitive (hi Atletico) or because they relied on a nucleus of players and had very little in striking depth (hi Kopites).

Though recently I've had a spate of calling people shit before them responding with incredible performances, at the first possible occasion, making me look a fool. Now I've said that he'll probably score 4 goals in the Community Shield.

I just hope our midfielders and attacking players score their share of goals - I don't know about RDM, personally I will not stomach another 5-10 match drought from Torres. I hope RDM, doesn't make the same mistake as AVB. If Torres doesn't perform he needs to be dropped, I don't care about his overall play, runs etc all he needs to do is simply tasks for a striker - put a round object into the back of the opposition net. Rest of his tasks are secondary.

If RDM falls into same trap as AVB playing under performing players, who don't do the tasks they are on the field to perform. It would be better off playing some academy kids rather than players who don't do their duties. I think he should feel less pressure now to play certain players as a Double Winner and History maker in Chelsea FC.

Peace called it all in February when many still had some hopes for him :

We aren't in a situation where we can afford to give the Ladyboy another year. If Manu could have done it with Berbaflop, that is because aside him, all the players and the team were good. This isn't the case at Chelsea, we have many positions on the field to improve, whose the striker's one, hence we do not have time to waste with a soon 28 years-old strieker who can't score to save his life. Even if he captures back some form next year, he isn't a long term solution, and we are trying to build something for the long term, thus we shouldn't waste time with someone who could be usefull for maximum two years. Plus we are paying him 150 000 fucking pounds per week, we aren't a charity association, we should rather give this wage to Hazard and Willian (I name these two players since we are strongly linked with them).

All in all, we have to get rid of this Ladyboy, he is a poison.

As for Ancelotti, I am not agree with you. The kind of players he likes doesn't suit the politic of our club. At Milan when Ancelotti came here, they've found themselves with a team full of grandpas. The same would inexorably have happened with us.

B)

He's also spot on in the post above mine; he's not been confident for a long time now. Even that Barcelona goal, a confident player would have taken a shot earlier than him- he took an extra touch to get it round Valdes.

It's very simple. Either he scores 25+ goals in all competitons, yes a Chelsea striker should be able to that, or we move on and learn a good lesson. As long as he plays a good amount of matches of course.

And none of this anonymous displays in big matches. I'm not saying he should score in every big game of course but he should score in a few.

Christ, the season hasn't even started yet and he's already "finished". As many have said this is Torres' last season to actually impress, if he doesn't then we move him on.

The season hasn't even started so we can't judge whether he's finished or not, not just yet anyway.

We're talking basics here. His 'movement' is hardly out of this world, its basic striker positioning. Any competent goal scorer would know where to be instinctively, and if they didn't, their coaches would drum it into their heads.

Now we've established that praising him for positioning is not valid, we have to examine his finishing, which is absolutely terrible, you cannot rely on him to tuck away a chance. You don't know if he'll hit the top corner or do something like this:

And that is exactly what's not needed in a striker. We need someone confident. Someone who'll tuck away the chances he will get. Any idiot can get himself in the same goal scoring positions Torres was in several times last season.

We're talking basics here. His 'movement' is hardly out of this world, its basic striker positioning. Any competent goal scorer would know where to be instinctively, and if they didn't, their coaches would drum it into their heads.

Now we've established that praising him for positioning is not valid, we have to examine his finishing, which is absolutely terrible, you cannot rely on him to tuck away a chance. You don't know if he'll hit the top corner or do something like this:

And that is exactly what's not needed in a striker. We need someone confident. Someone who'll tuck away the chances he will get. Any idiot can get himself in the same goal scoring positions Torres was in several times last season.

Torres has good movement, your judgement's just being clouded. For Spain in the Euros, Torres made so many good runs, if Spain were more penetrative they would've got a lot of good goals.

And again, people seem to discredit what Torres has done in the last few months. He hardly looks like that player lacking in confidence. In the last couple of months Torres has scored quite a lot (10 goals for CFC and Spain since RDM took over if I'm not incorrect) and if anything is to go by, Torres will have a decent season.

Torres still has a quality finish IMO. As Zolayes said, just wait for the season to start and if he does shit then fair enough. Atleast give him a chance to rectify himself. This is the guy's last chance, let him actually do something with it before shooting him down already.

Torres has good movement, your judgement's just being clouded. For Spain in the Euros, Torres made so many good runs, if Spain were more penetrative they would've got a lot of good goals.

And again, people seem to discredit what Torres has done in the last few months. He hardly looks like that player lacking in confidence. In the last couple of months Torres has scored quite a lot (10 goals for CFC and Spain since RDM took over if I'm not incorrect) and if anything is to go by, Torres will have a decent season.

Torres still has a quality finish IMO. As Zolayes said, just wait for the season to start and if he does shit then fair enough. Atleast give him a chance to rectify himself. This is the guy's last chance, let him actually do something with it before shooting him down already.

His finish is unreliable, though, and that's what we can't afford. His runs are nothing out of the ordinary, every striker at a biggish club should be expected to do that. He's not Inzaghi.

Torres is not finished. Can you say that he didn't improve in the last 3 months of last season? Once he ended his 24 games goal drought in March he transformed into a completely different player. He started to score goals that he couldn't score to save his life in his first three months at the club. Remember that it took him 14 games to score ONE goal in his first season.

2 goals v Leicester, 1 at Villa Park in the league, that famous goal at Camp Nou, then the hat-trick vs QPR just a few days after. And that's when he started to show signs of the old Torres - the Torres of the Liverpool days, the Torres that the club spent £50 million for. And that's 7 goals in two and half months, which in my opinion is a great improvement. Plus he scored 4 goals for his international team within just a month. And remember that RDM started with Drogba in our most important games of the season. Drogba started vs Napoli at home, in both of the clashes against Barca, against Spurs in the FA Cup semi and in both of the finals.

This season it will be him who will step up for the big occasions, now that Drogba's gone and he's the main man. And you will see that he'll score plenty.

His finish is unreliable, though, and that's what we can't afford. His runs are nothing out of the ordinary, every striker at a biggish club should be expected to do that. He's not Inzaghi.

Then again, not many players are like Inzaghi. Torres' movement isn't exactly the best ever but he's still good.

Again, I just want the season to start. If Torres fucks up, sell him. If he takes his last chance then he can do a good job for us upfront.

People are saying that he drops deep and drifts out because he's scared? I think that's more to do because he's scared about the media claiming he doesn't do shit so he's changed his play style, that if I'm not getting the service or finishing my chances, I'll have to at least redeem myself in some manner. He never used to do that Liverpool, even during his last season there when he lost form. That's more him trying to get more involved instead of getting scared. Chelsea's slow tempo build-up won't suit any striker who likes to play off the last defender.

The Brighton match, he stayed forward for a long time, omg omg his confidence is back because he's in the box now and didn't drift wide. He stayed near the box the whole match, got jack shit and then dropped deep in his last 10-15mins because he was so starved and didn't want to get subbed off after getting like 5 touches.

Anyways, I would love it if we can upgrade Torres, but that'll be very hard. I would love Cavani or Falcao but that would be very hard. Considering FFP selling Torres for a loss would surely screw us up, we're actually BETTER off keeping Torres than selling him this year. We can amortize the transfer fee but the loss we have to record in full, not sure we can afford to take that huge of a hit unless we win the PL and CL this year to compensate or somehow manage to sell Malouda and Benayoun for 20M lol.

He's a chelsea player, our first choice striker I will support him to the fullest.

I think 2012/13 will really be Torres' year. With Drogba not here I think he will really come out of his shell and show us what he's made of.

Take a look at this blog I found about him, it also has a pretty cool competition at the bottom where you can win a signed Chelsea football!

http://blog.oddslife.com/2012/08/201213-to-mark-torres-resurgence/