Fernando Torres

Torres should listen to Lose yourself by Eminem before the games.I find it quite a motivating song.

I was thinking that 'Drop the World' would be a better song for El Nino. Not to worry, you buddy Eminem is on there spitting some serious rhymes ;)

If Torres doesn't pick himself up next season and not score enough goals. Just get rid of him, for the good of this club, he has done enough damage as it is, and there's no excuse because now he has good players around him, especially if we get Hulk.

This is a BIG season for El Nino, he has to deliver. The shadow of Drogba has gone and he really needs to step up to the plate.

I really believe that this could be the season for him, but I fear if it isn't then it may be his last here.

There is a belief that it can be "his season" and there is a fear that he will continue to be a big flop.

I don't like those types of gamble.

I don't like how we're tripping over to ensure he's the main man and won't be challenged. Look at Drogba, he had to fight off so many players to cement himself as first choice striker. His ego can't be that fragile, and if it his, he's a liability.

Does anybody know whether Torres will be back for the game against PSG on Sunday ?

Definitely not. Every EURO participants (from our team) given about 2-3 weeks of holiday. Will most likely to join with the squad next week.

Definitely not. Every EURO participants (from our team) given about 2-3 weeks of holiday. Will most likely to join with the squad next week.

But Lampard and Cech came back real quick... but i guess with him reaching the final and his Grandfather passing away he'll be gone for longer :wacko:

Really wanted to see him against PSG though

But Lampard and Cech came back real quick... but i guess with him reaching the final and his Grandfather passing away he'll be gone for longer :wacko:

Really wanted to see him against PSG though

That is because their respective teams were knocked out earlier in the quarter finals whereas Spain went all the way to the final.

Fernando must have loved what he saw last night in the first half. The fluidity of the attacks suit his style well, and he should be getting plenty of chances.

100% agree!

Although I have previously raised this point and been subjected to stats proving Torres had lots of chances created. Thing is, my own eyes just didn't see that - last night we looked more fluid and pacey ala Spain.

I can only see good things for the team and Torres this year :)