Fernando Torres

One thing Chelsea and RDM have to realize. No matter how inconvenient, we have to make sure our playing style complements Torres. Not because I want Torres to do well, but because if we don't have a consistent threat in the middle we're going to be in trouble. We need to make sure we get Torres firing for Chelsea's sake more than anything.

I do think this is very much possible, especially with Hazard I think. I think Torres will benefit from Hazard more than Mata because Hazard is a lot more direct than Mata.

I also think Lampard is smart enough and a good enough player to adapt his game to Torres' playing style.

^They did this (sort of) analysis on WAGNH a couple months ago. Great stuff.

gca_perct_medium.pnggoals2_medium.png

GCA = Game changing assist. GCG = Game changing goal.

Damn, that would have saved me some time! Obviously, the definitions are somewhat loose but no matter what the conclusions will be the pretty much the same. (Frank Lampard is always a legend!!)

^They did this (sort of) analysis on WAGNH a couple months ago. Great stuff.

gca_perct_medium.pnggoals2_medium.png

GCA = Game changing assist. GCG = Game changing goal.

Cheers for this, gonna copy it into the Sturridge thread if you don't mind.

I hope he comes good but there is no excuses for the goal drought he went through last season.

Last summer there were genuine valid excuses for him like

No service, No proper break for 4 years, Not settled and moved into London yet, Not had a proper pre season as a Chelsea player.

3 of those excuses were wiped out by default in pre season last summer and the other was when Juan Mata was signed.

I hope he comes good but these excuses as why he has been below par for us are over a year out off date, last summer they were valid this summer they ain't.

I cant wait to get in your faces when Torres shines in the upcoming season. And the funny part is, when he does, all haters will be cheering for him then instead.

Big big difference between hating and not joining the bandwagon of cringe worthy excuses.

For example I wasn't convinced when Ancelotti was first appointed, didn't think he was the right man for the job, does that mean i didn't deserve to be delighted when i was proved wrong and ultimately won the double?

Big big difference between hating and not joining the bandwagon of cringe worthy excuses.

For example I wasn't convinced when Ancelotti was first appointed, didn't think he was the right man for the job, does that mean i didn't deserve to be delighted when i was proved wrong and ultimately won the double?

Well said! I mean you are allowed to be annoyed and fed up with a player your club has paid 50 million pounds for and he isn't performing to the best of his abilities or even half of that. Then if the player turns his form around and starts playing to his best ability, we as fans can then be delighted with him despite having voiced a ridiculous frustration when criticizing the player. It's football, it's emotional and you can be pissed of with a player if he is playing shit.

No, of course not. But if you would sit here and talk shit about Ancelotti, say he wont make it, that he's worthless etc and then after he proved to be successfull go like "Goodbye Ancelotti, thanks for your time, we love you" that to me would be someone who just goes along when the wind is blowing in the right direction.

I heard Torres will be showing off his Euro 2012 Golden Boot before the Atletico game in the Uefa Super Cup Final. That will be a nice occasion for Nando.

Don't care about that. Him scoring goals for us is much more important!

Don't care about that. Him scoring goals for us is much more important!

Obviously it is...however, showing off the Golden Boot before a match between an ex-team that he adores (and fans adore him) and his current team is an occasion worth noting.

you dont say.

relax mate, if he doesnt score in that game, there will be a 2 week analysis on how the moment he showed his golden boot somehow affected his performance and how he lacked the confidence to score in a big game in front of his hometown crowd, or some other VALID arguements Ive seen on this thread