Fernando Torres

First of all, I must give him credit for that sublime cross.. Absolute peach of a goal made by Torres and Mata whose roles were switched, but nevertheless, it was great.

Now, I must critique him yet again. When he had that chance when he was clear to shoot in the box, he just ran into amok. Why take that extra touch, why? Just shoot and celebrate.. He says he needs to try extra hard in Chelsea, but no, he needs to do things simple, not make it extra hard for himself. He's like a masochist, taking on 4 defenders and taking excessive touches when he has a chance to shoot. The predatory Torres is dead.. convert him to winger, at least he can cross.

He is of absolutely no use to us as a striker at the moment. In all my life I doubt I've seen a footballer so devoid of confidence. Unless AVB figures that he does more offensively and defensively than Malouda/Sturridge/Mata/Kalou*/Ramires/Drogba/Lukaku on the wing he should be nowhere near the starting XI.

*Yes.

I have lost any bit of faith or hope that Torres can be a decent striker , his movement is bad , he is as slow as hell nowadays even Ferdinand had more pace than him today . We should sell him for anything more than 15 millions .

Had high hopes for him but now he is in no more use than Kalou or Malouda .

After that gem of a cross I thought his confidence would be sky-high! Then when the ball came and he took it past Evans I was like "HIT IT!" and then.... Ugh.

His confidence is so low not even a hattrick could restore it, let alone a single cross. That year of misery and failure will always haunt him, even if he manages to score 3 games in a row, his goals will still be considered a collector's item and in the back of his mind he knows that, preventing any kind of confidence to emerge.

His fourth yellow card, isn't he suspended for the next game?

Excuse me?

Anyway... Great cross then the typical weekly disaster struck. Can't believe it keeps happening, he's so scared in front of goal.

Torres' form just proves that Roman Abramovich's purchases just don't work! I don't even know whether to feel annoyed or glad that we didn't sign anyone in January! I feel somewhat glad we didn't get Willian partly because it was Roman who was planning on signing him against AVB's plans... although it would have been nice to sign him to add a bit of depth in creativity...

but come on...

Shevchenko - £30m

Torres - £50m

£80 million wasted on two blunt strikers... if I had £80m, I would have been able to live with Linda, and take her around the world 10 times!!

£80 million wasted on two blunt strikers... if I had £80m, I would have been able to live with Linda, and take her around the world 10 times!!

80 million pounds would help a lot of struggling countries. The whole Chelsea team has cost probably more than my country's annual budget... ok, maybe it's not that bad, but it helps me put the money in football into perspective.