Fernando Torres

Thought the Lukaku sub was bad tactically but understand that someone big was needed up front to nick a chance. It was a desperation move. I don't think the Torres/Lukaku pairing makes sense for 90 minutes.

Anelka is obviously a better fit with Torres. I just wish he was more consistent as a starter. For Swansea, I wouldn't mind seeing Anelka on for Sturridge to see how Ma/To/An do as a front 3. Or if AVB can move away from 4-3-3 go 4-2-3-1.

His goal was vintage Torres, his miss was Vintage Kalou. He had such a great game imo and i swear to the god i don't even believe in that he is getting there but after looking so confident and good, his confidence took an absolute sledge hammering after that miss. My brother laughed and i sat there like i'd seen a ghost but he felt as shit as me, that was a gutting miss for him and all of us.

Chin up Nando, we believe in you (for some reason)

People miss all the time, Ronaldo, Forlan, Henry and many more. A miss does not define you and AVB perfectly summarised it up in the "the worst things happen to the best strikers". A miss won't define him and I back him to go on improving for us! Keep the Faith, we put in a great performance today and if luck was on our side this game could have ended all so differentley.

Edited by Eviltwinz93

Guest justin_3d

Thought the Lukaku sub was bad tactically but understand that someone big was needed up front to nick a chance. It was a desperation move. I don't think the Torres/Lukaku pairing makes sense for 90 minutes.

Anelka is obviously a better fit with Torres. I just wish he was more consistent as a starter. For Swansea, I wouldn't mind seeing Anelka on for Sturridge to see how Ma/To/An do as a front 3. Or if AVB can move away from 4-3-3 go 4-2-3-1.

I don't know why, but when i see the formation of 4-2-3-1, i see that Josh would be great there then any other formation.

Cause you have Mikel being there with you to help a long the way.

Then put Mata-Meireles-Sturridge in the front of Mikel and Josh with Torres up front.

That might be descent shot.

Edited by justin_3d

Superb Superb Superb!!

Absolutely magnificent runs by Torres. This reminded me of Torres of old. I agree that miss would have shattered his confidence but I hope AVB tells him to look at the positives.

I am sure by December he would be banging them in for us. He is not as dire as last season thats for sure. His finishing will come as he plays more often. Fair to say, Man Utd defense had no clue to deal with him today.

Lets be patient on him.

When he starts finding his perfect shooting boots soon hopefully, and manifesting good games too goals "for fun" we'll really be a huge force. Honestly if we were more clinical today we could have scored quite a damn few.

Edited by Eviltwinz93

everyone wants to bash Torres about his miss, and before that bash him about how he isnt scoring, now the man finally scored and is looking ever so promising in the last two matches and some people STILL cant find positives to talk about? every striker is a mental case, and now torres got that monkey off his back, looked so good on the pitch today and not getting back into his old form, but getting back into his old mindset, and thats all we need... torres, bravo!!!! cant wait for wednesday... chelsea are looking faster, stronger and more like a team... im excited for what Nando can give us, im just sick and tired of all this torres BS... if your a cfc fan get behind the man...