Fernando Torres

You guys actually do know there is an international football thread where you are meant to be posting your 'conversations' about the matches in, and not in the profile of one player, right?

Kind of 'spamming' imo.

"For me the past season was the worst since I arrived in England. The injury I sustained at the end the World Cup damaged my performance and made things more complicated than at any time in my career.

"Twelve goals in all in a season is nothing for me. Never during the season did I play to 100 per cent, neither for Liverpool or Chelsea.

"So I prefer to forget what happened. But I am not sorry I signed for Chelsea. I am convinced that when the Chelsea machine is at its full rhythm we will be very difficult to beat.

"I do not have problems with Drogba. Sincerely, I am very connected with Didier. He is a sensational footballer and our possible rivalry is positive for Chelsea"

Source

Hmmm...I'd be skeptical about whether Torres actually spoke to the Sun. Just a coincidence that the Kalou's supposed quotes came out yesterday. And the quotes were construed to be about Torres. Wouldn't surprised me if the Sun thought it clever to follow up that story with quotes from Torres. Could be the Sun cobbled some quotes from another article (or two), mash them in here and generally spun the story they wanted.

Torres could have spoken to the Sun but then I look at the following body of evidence and I would be suspicious. Torres is on vacation and keeping a very low profile--he doesn't even make the pap and tabloid rounds, why would he speak to the Sun? He's also not ever done an interview with the Sun because of Liverpool's ban on the paper. Hard to believe Torres would go to them first when he hasn't done an exclusive interview with a English paper in a very long time. When he does English media, it's at the club press conferences or Chelsea TV. I can't remember the last time he did an interview with an English paper, tab or not.

Hmmm...I'd be skeptical about whether Torres actually spoke to the Sun. Just a coincidence that the Kalou's supposed quotes came out yesterday. And the quotes were construed to be about Torres. Wouldn't surprised me if the Sun thought it clever to follow up that story with quotes from Torres. Could be the Sun cobbled some quotes from another article (or two), mash them in here and generally spun the story they wanted.

Torres could have spoken to the Sun but then I look at the following body of evidence and I would be suspicious. Torres is on vacation and keeping a very low profile--he doesn't even make the pap and tabloid rounds, why would he speak to the Sun? He's also not ever done an interview with the Sun because of Liverpool's ban on the paper. Hard to believe Torres would go to them first when he hasn't done an exclusive interview with a English paper in a very long time. When he does English media, it's at the club press conferences or Chelsea TV. I can't remember the last time he did an interview with an English paper, tab or not.

Yeah, the interview was with Le10Sport. Many newspapers are attributing the quotes from a Sun interview (which has caused a massive fuss with Liverpool fans), but The Sun just took the quotes. They're having a go at him on Twitter for it, despite the fact he didn't speak to them or say anything against Liverpool.

Yeah, the interview was with Le10Sport. Many newspapers are attributing the quotes from a Sun interview (which has caused a massive fuss with Liverpool fans), but The Sun just took the quotes. They're having a go at him on Twitter for it, despite the fact he didn't speak to them or say anything against Liverpool.

Why am I not surprised? Some of these fans are probably the same ones who pounced on young Dani Pacheco for congratulating a friend and mentor for scoring a goal.

Yossi, good find! Would love to read the rest of the interview. Torres actually goes out of his way to say nice things about Liverpool. I wish he would do an interview where he tells Liverpool to fuck off. Since he's going to get slated no matter what, we may as get an interesting interview.