Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Champions League Thread

Jas
Followers 4

Sevilla will be an annoying opponent. They work super hard and are very clever and technical. But if Pulisic and Werner run rings around Carlos he might snap and give away a pen . 
Rennes was defeated by a much weaker Chelsea team twice last season. I think 13 are in it at least. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone, This is a civilized Gala fan. Sorry for all the "invasion", I'm pleased to say you accept foreigners to your forum. I'll give you some heads up about our squad and recent situation. It do

as I didn't bet money can I have reps instead? I guessed all three

Posted Images

Our Champions League Group Stage fixtures confirmed (plus with Premier League fixtures below):

Oct 17 - Southampton (H)
Oct 20 - Sevilla (H)
Oct 24 - Man United (A)
Oct 28 - Krasnodar (A)
Oct 31 - Burnley (A)
Nov 4 - Rennes (H)
Nov 7 - Sheffield United (H)
Nov 21 - Newcastle (A)
Nov 24 - Rennes (A)
Nov 28 - Spurs (H)
Dec 2 - Sevilla (A)
Dec 5 - Leeds (H)
Dec 8 - Krasnodar (H)
Dec 12 - Everton (A)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Worst draw possible I think, although perhaps Real Madrid burst their bubble a little at the weekend.

At least we've shown this season that we can play a game of attrition and nullify top counter attacking teams.

It'll be hard work, but its by no means mission impossible.

Win our group comfortably only to draw the toughest possible opponent. Cheers, lads. 

Honestly, it's all going to depend on how fit we are when this comes around. Atleti aren't an attacking juggernaut like Bayern who will batter you with beautiful football. This isn't an impossible matchup at all.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Worst draw possible I think, although perhaps Real Madrid burst their bubble a little at the weekend.

At least we've shown this season that we can play a game of attrition and nullify top counter attacking teams.

It'll be hard work, but its by no means mission impossible.

If Ziyech and Pulisic are fit for this (big if I know) I think we'll beat them pretty comfortably. Despite the fact they're top of La Liga they aren't as tough to play in big games as they use to be, people will point to them getting past Liverpool last year but that second leg was blind luck not a defensive masterclass.

• Like 1

Atletico did only concede 4 goals this season. Gimenez is injured right now.

With guys like Werner, Tammy and Giroud, who need 100 chances to score a goal, we do not have a chance. Also, Atletico only needs one chance. That is all they need

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If Ziyech and Pulisic are fit for this (big if I know) I think we'll beat them pretty comfortably, despite the fact they're top of La Liga they aren't as tough to play in big games as they use to be, people will point to them getting past Liverpool last year but that second leg was blind luck not a defensive masterclass.

Agreed. They really aren't that good. Only Felix I'm worried about as he has the talent to do something out of nothing. 

We play a clean game with no mistakes and a fit squad, and we win this. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Atletico did only concede 4 goals this season. Gimenez is injured right now.

With guys like Werner, Tammy and Giroud, who need 100 chances to score a goal, we do not have a chance. Also, Atletico only needs one chance. That is all they need

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

They aren't that good. Watch the Madrid derby from this weekend. 

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

They aren't that good. Watch the Madrid derby from this weekend. 

Atletico are a bit of a peculiar bunch. We know they can be good but they also can be underwhelming. They failed to beat to Lokomotiv Moscow over the 2 games and somehow couldn't beat a Bayern B side in the group stage. And then there was the Champions League last season, where they were so flat against Leipzig. 

• Like 1

Looking from a pessimistic POV, it'd be less of an embarrassment if we lose to Atletico than say Porto, Gladbach or Atalanta. 

But either way, the tie will be good learning curve for this team and their development. If we can get past Atletico, it'd give the players confidence for the quarter finals etc.

• Like 3
  • James changed the title to Champions League thread
  • James changed the title to Champions League Thread