Leandro Damião

ANDRECHO

Brazil international striker Leandro Damiao has hinted that he is ready to move to the Premier League with Chelsea in the near future.

"The Premier League holds great attraction, of course. I was in England for quite some time during the Olympics and it is a great country with good people.

"But for the moment I am staying put."

Another reason for a move to the Premier League would be to re-unite with his former Internacional teammate Oscar at Stamford Bridge.

"Oscar is a fantastic player," he said.

"I had an excellent relationship with him on the field at Internacional and it is true that I would like to be reunited with Oscar. We still play together when fielded for Brazil.

"It is not an incentive to leave. When a European club will come to the fore, we will see."

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good player in general. Good at holding the ball up and bringing others into the game, good finisher with his feet and head... if hes available for 20 million or less sign him.

Sign some of those commentators too

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL LEANDRO DAMIAOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Though to be fair 'tap ins' aren't something you can really teach to a player.

Its more instinctive to get into those positions imo. Well for some of them anyway...

Just discovered the massive GOOOOOOL thing I put in my other post is too long and goes off the side of the page.. or it does for me.

There is a reason why Brazil does not play with a true striker. It is because we dont have a great player like we used to have (Ronaldo, Romario, Careca, Roberto Dinamite, etc). Mano Menezes wasnt even calling Damiao for the backup position, he was calling Fred. Damiao is Hernandez with a header and/or Berbatov with more skills...

In the end, I was right about Willian, so...

FUCK, DAMIAO IS NOT MORE THAN AVERAGE!

I dunno.

I know you can't just rely on stats, but with Brazil he currently averages a goal every 6 games, while at Inter in Brazil he's averaged a goal every 3.5-or-so games.

I've never seen him as a game changer who'll take a game by the neck and just push hard every second for an equaliser when the team is a goal down.

I see him much more like Dzeko - A player who can come on in the last 20 or so minutes and often get a good winning goal etc.

We need a leader up-front now in my opinion to compliment the maestros. Not just a good finisher. (Which is why I would now opt for Cavani over Falcao for example.)

There is a reason why Brazil does not play with a true striker. It is because we dont have a great player like we used to have (Ronaldo, Romario, Careca, Roberto Dinamite, etc). Mano Menezes wasnt even calling Damiao for the backup position, he was calling Fred. Damiao is Hernandez with a header and/or Berbatov with more skills...

In the end, I was right about Willian, so...

LOOOOOL Berbatov's skills are mad what are you talking about?

Ask Berba to do this then...

I can do that too, it's not too hard to pull off a rainbow flick... And it's not something he does normally. Berbatov is a lot more naturally talented, one of the classiest strikers going, while Damiao reminds me a bit of a donkey, frustrating player.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You