The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

Starts soon. Glad i waited this long before finishing season 2 now. So i didn't have to end that season and wait 9 months. Might actually watch the last half of season 2 again as it has been a while to refresh my memory. Gonna be good... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Phew! The 3rd episode has given it a much needed push and the show is gathering momentum now!! The ending of the 3rd episode was unexpected and brilliant, which made me go 'woahh!'.
Some humour as well, Podrick is the sex god. :D

So far so good this season. Definitely rooting for Daenerys.

Plan on starting reading the books once the semester is over at the uni, already got them loaded onto my iPad.

Daenerys is gonna rape Westeros with this army, damn. So far she's the coolest throne candidate and nobody in Westeros even knows about her. She has the army, the dragons and the element of surprise.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the season where people finally realise Jaime Lannister isn't actually a bad person, and is, in fact, the coolest BAMF in Westeros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTxjGUh5oOM

This scene was brilliant. Brilliant acting as well by Nikolaj Coster. After his hand his cut, there has been a change in his behavior and that story in the scene changed many perspective about Jaime Lannister.

I would agree that having his hand cut certainly helped him change his perspective on life. It is from that point he became my favourite character.

In A Feast for Crows, when he returns to King's Landing, he is shunned by Cersei because he has become a good person. The chapters where he is trying to become reacquainted with his old life are probably the best in the book.

It's from this scene though that the general audience realises that this supposed bastard Kingslayer actually saved the realm. The more and more you watch this series you will realise that the "good" men - men with honour like Eddard Stark - are incredibly poor at playing this Game. But you also realise that the honourable Ned Stark was actually a bit of a n00b and a bit of a twat.

Jaime ftw.

Haha @, i think you need to stop right now or else you are gonna spill the beans.

EDIT: I was trying to get Alex mentioned in my comment but seems to be some problem.

I've revealed nothing - unless you clicked on the spoiler! :D Or if you didn't know Ned Stark was dead... in which case I would advise watching Season 1 :D

I know you haven't revealed anything but you looked like you were gonna if you didn't stop! :D

Anyway cheers for the heads up!

I would agree that having his hand cut certainly helped him change his perspective on life. It is from that point he became my favourite character.

In A Feast for Crows, when he returns to King's Landing, he is shunned by Cersei because he has become a good person. The chapters where he is trying to become reacquainted with his old life are probably the best in the book.

It's from this scene though that the general audience realises that this supposed bastard Kingslayer actually saved the realm. The more and more you watch this series you will realise that the "good" men - men with honour like Eddard Stark - are incredibly poor at playing this Game. But you also realise that the honourable Ned Stark was actually a bit of a n00b and a bit of a twat.

Jaime ftw.

Yeah, Ned Stark convincing not to assassinate Daenerys will come to bite them in the ass.