The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

Yeah, I think the TV series isnt something that pressures him!

However, doesnt he have a delicate heart condition or something?

Does he already know how he wants the series to end?

The heart condition is overplayed. By all accounts he is leading a very healthy lifestyle right now and is being well looked after! He's a rich man and can afford the best medical aid, after all.

He knows how everything is going to end. He knows every plot twist and the climax of the final two books, and he knows the ending for all the major characters, especially the main trio of Jon, Tyrion and Dany. George's problem at the minute is he, by his own admission, doesn't know how to get to that climax. He has around about 1000 pages of manuscript written for TWOW at present, which, if cut down, would probably result in another 800-pager, akin to the size of A Clash of Kings. So he's pretty damned far into book six. It's just a case really of him deciding which bits to cut and add, i.e. which bits to publish in book six and which to hold back for book seven.

BUT, more importantly, the producers of the show know how everything ends. So, if GRRM pops his clogs, what will happen is they will be handed everything he's written and can publish a true-to-the-story representation of events on the screen. Then, you'd imagine the final two books would be published posthumously after third party editing. BUT that probably won't be a problem. As I said George is in good health, but there are many contingencies in place. The books and the show will run through to the end.

trust me. Ive read the books and there are a few scenes which could arguably just top the Red Wedding episode.

Season 4 is definitely going to make Twitter explode!

Only Cat
:Goober:

For goodness sake when are the ice walkers playing any part?

I'm tired of waiting every season just to only see them for a brief moment.

Think of their CGI budget. Expensive to show the White Walkers, hence why the Battle at the Fist of the First Men was totally cut out of Season 3.

However, I am hoping we'll see a little more this season.

Coldhands, anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...