The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

Did Martin say anything about the next book's release date?

Basically he's gone on record to say it'll be done when it's done. The great thing about him is he said he isn't at all being pressured into publishing early because the show is catching up. We still have a huge amount of the AFFC and ADWD books to explore after the culmination of season four. As it stands, I would estimate that, for the most part, we have enough material to last through the whole of season five, and a good third, possibly up to two thirds, of season six. Considering we won't see season six until 2016, that means George realistically has another 12-15 months to produce The Winds of Winter, which is probably about 80% completed at this stage. But that is all dependant on the show being aired at it's current rate of a season per calendar year. We may see a gap a little longer than usual between S4 and S5, for instance, just to allow George the time to produce a quality book that goes to "make amends" for the stagnation the last two books produced.

Season 4 is going to be the defining season. If you thought the Red Wedding was spectacular... hold on to your asses, folks!

Well when I was watching the episode of Red Wedding, the directors said that when they initially made the show they only had this episode in mind.

They where hoping that they will get to this episode an not have to cancel half way like many shows.

So from that language it was pretty clear to them that the Red Wedding episode was it, the pinnacle of the whole show. And I have to tell you, it is the best episode of any show I ever seen.

The Red Wedding episode made it all worthwhile, having to watch this show.

Well when I was watching the episode of Red Wedding, the directors said that when they initially made the show they only had this episode in mind.

They where hoping that they will get to this episode an not have to cancel half way like many shows.

So from that language it was pretty clear to them that the Red Wedding episode was it, the pinnacle of the whole show. And I have to tell you, it is the best episode of any show I ever seen.

The Red Wedding is arguably the biggest HOLY SHIT moment in the entire series so far, but believe me when I say there are many more plot twists to come - and involving characters you wouldn't expect. Yes we're going to see a lot of Tyrion, Jon and Dany... but we're going to see a lot of the backing vocalists come to the fore with songs of their own. Step forward Sansa, Littlefinger, Brienne, Bran and Arya... exciting times ahead my friends!

trust me. Ive read the books and there are a few scenes which could arguably just top the Red Wedding episode.

Season 4 is definitely going to make Twitter explode!

The Red Wedding is arguably the biggest HOLY SHIT moment in the entire series so far, but believe me when I say there are many more plot twists to come - and involving characters you wouldn't expect. Yes we're going to see a lot of Tyrion, Jon and Dany... but we're going to see a lot of the backing vocalists come to the fore with songs of their own. Step forward Sansa, Littlefinger, Brienne, Bran and Arya... exciting times ahead my friends!

Little finger is one of my favorite characters.

I like his scheming and back stabbing.

So looking forward to it. :-)

Basically he's gone on record to say it'll be done when it's done. The great thing about him is he said he isn't at all being pressured into publishing early because the show is catching up. We still have a huge amount of the AFFC and ADWD books to explore after the culmination of season four. As it stands, I would estimate that, for the most part, we have enough material to last through the whole of season five, and a good third, possibly up to two thirds, of season six. Considering we won't see season six until 2016, that means George realistically has another 12-15 months to produce The Winds of Winter, which is probably about 80% completed at this stage. But that is all dependant on the show being aired at it's current rate of a season per calendar year. We may see a gap a little longer than usual between S4 and S5, for instance, just to allow George the time to produce a quality book that goes to "make amends" for the stagnation the last two books produced.

Yeah, I think the TV series isnt something that pressures him!

However, doesnt he have a delicate heart condition or something?

Does he already know how he wants the series to end?

Yeah, I think the TV series isnt something that pressures him!

However, doesnt he have a delicate heart condition or something?

Does he already know how he wants the series to end?

wasn't there some news at the end of last year saying Martin has told HBO how to end it or something along those lines. Not entirely sure