The Hobbit

TacticalBlues

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just read The Hobbit book finish and...

*contain spoilers for movie* (read at your own risk!)

I must say I was rather disappointed by how easily Smaug died in it especially after all the buildup and talks in the book about how strong and mighty he was...only to then being killed by an arrow. :doh: Not sure if Peter Jackson would be doing anything different to this too since I checked that Smaug won't be appearing in the 3rd movie judging from the character list. And I imagine PJ would expand the 'Battle of the Five Armies' much longer and making it more epic considering how short it looked/felt in the book.

That aside, am really looking forward to the remaining 2 movies. Was already getting excited reading through the chapters that would appear in the last 2 films.

Mate, have you read LOTR?

If you did, give this book a try:

4110755878_silmarillion2_xlarge.jpeg

P.S: Peter Jackson is getting a lot of side stories from this book to make The Hobbit a trilogy...

P.S: Peter Jackson is getting a lot of side stories from this book to make The Hobbit a trilogy...

Have you read The Silmarillion? I've recently bought it, but haven't started it yet.

If you've read it, would you consider it to be good?

Have you read The Silmarillion? I've recently bought it, but haven't started it yet.

If you've read it, would you consider it to be good?

As a Tolkien fan, I must say I loved it!

It is my favorite book, but it is not like Hobbit or LOTR, it concentrates a bit more on heritage and different set of events than fixing on one single adventure...

It is my favorite book, but it is not like Hobbit or LOTR, it concentrates a bit more on heritage and different set of events than fixing on one single adventure...

Thanks man, I'm looking forward to start reading it.

Nope. Didn't read LOTR but watched the movie.

And yeah, I do know PJ picks some part of the story from that book into the said movie but haven't thought about reading it at all. Besides, it's too long. :P

awesome - have u read the unfinished tales , children of hurin and tales from the perilous realm? they are also good

Nope. Didn't read LOTR but watched the movie.

And yeah, I do know PJ picks some part of the story from that book into the said movie but haven't thought about reading it at all. Besides, it's too long. :P

It is not long, only 300-400 pages!

awesome - have u read the unfinished tales , children of hurin and tales from the perilous realm? they are also good

WOW! It has been such a long time since I read it, but of the JRR Tolkien's book that he actually wrote, I read them all (including the non Middle Earth ones). However, the ones his son finished, I only read The Children of Hurin and didn't like it...

And there will be lots of words and characters in it. :lol:

Oh, come on JayJay, stop being such a Bieber lover and just read the fucking thing!

I promise you will find a nice map in the begining and some drawings in every 20-30 pages or so...

:ph34r:

Oh, come on JayJay, stop being such a Bieber lover and just read the fucking thing!

I promise you will find a nice map in the begining and some drawings in every 20-30 pages or so...

:ph34r:

Ha. Ha. Ha....

Yes, I'm aware of the maps and drawings Raphael. I'll see. Currently reading football books anyway. :D

Ha. Ha. Ha....

Yes, I'm aware of the maps and drawings Raphael. I'll see. Currently reading football books anyway. :D

Cool, what football books would you recomend JayJay (the jetplane)?

EDIT: Would you recomend the Professional Manager Strategy? :P

EDIT 2: Just joking, I honestly want to know what books are good or not!

The thing that excites me most about The Hobbit film series is not the storyline of The Hobbit (The Battle of the Five Armies aside), but more importantly the aspects borrowed from The Silmarillion, ie. the White Council and the Necromancer storylines.

Cool, what football books would you recomend JayJay (the jetplane)?

EDIT: Would you recomend the Professional Manager Strategy? :P

EDIT 2: Just joking, I honestly want to know what books are good or not!

Here's a list of it on the Zonal Marking site.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/12/07/christmas-book-ideas/

Would add in Ancelotti's biography, Barca: The Making of the Greatest Team in the World and even Soccernomics(if you likes numbers especially).

EDIT: Just remembered you have mentioned a couple in here as well. :lol:

Here's a list of it on the Zonal Marking site.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/12/07/christmas-book-ideas/

Would add in Ancelotti's biography, Barca: The Making of the Greatest Team in the World and even Soccernomics(if you likes numbers especially).

EDIT: Just remembered you have mentioned a couple in here as well. :lol:

I was going to say I already know some of those books, but it seems you have found a post from fucking December! :lol:

Anyways, a few of the books in that list I got really interesting in buying. Specially the "Attacking Soccer" and "Futebol".

Thanks mate! :)

EDIT: We better get back on topic before a Mod comes asking for us to not derail The Hobbit thread. :Goober:

• 1 month later...