The Hobbit

TacticalBlues

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but i wasn't really overly bothered about the lord of the rings and have only seen half way through the first film.. :ph34r:

But each to their own. Hope you enjoy it. :)

same! Lord of the Rings had no effect what so ever on me, also Star Wars...couldnt be bothered with that aswell. hahaha

I would like to go for drinks with you guys because there won't be an awkward stare when i say i don't like LOTR and haven't seen Starwars. :D

Funnily enough, my cousins don't even bother asking me about any films simply because i once said i also don't like Harry Potter. :ph34r:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to go for drinks with you guys because there won't be an awkward stare when i say i don't like LOTR and haven't seen Starwars. :D

Funnily enough, my cousins don't even bother asking me about any films simply because i once said i also don't like Harry Potter. :ph34r:

me too with the bolded. how can anyone watch it, let alone 7 of them!?!?

me too with the bolded. how can anyone watch it, let alone 7 of them!?!?

Exactly. I read the books they were ok but the films were just utter shit! So unrealistic because gingers don't have friends..... :Goober:

Only kidding guys.. only kidding...

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but i wasn't really overly bothered about the lord of the rings and have only seen half way through the first film.. :ph34r:

But each to their own. Hope you enjoy it. :)

As you say each to their own, but I highly recommend you give it another shot, a superb trilogy. It's also considered one of the greatest trilogies of all time, if not, the greatest. That in itself warrants another shot ;)

LOTR has 1000 pages and the Hobbit only has 300.

What worries me more than the slow pace is if Peter Jackson decides to invent stuff to make 1 movie into 3.

I wasn't concerned so to speak, but I was curious to see how he would do it. I recently picked this magazine up.

HobbitMagET.jpg

Definitely worth a read, explains why he choose to make it into three movies and also speaks various other things, i.e. says that the expected running time is 2 hours 40 minutes.

Peter Jackson was born near my city and he owns a house in a suburb in the city, Weta workshop the animation studio for LOTR is also in Wellington. On the premier of the fellowship of the ring in here, theyve put up a red carpet on the street to the cinema where the actors walked. Recently they've put up a gollum sculpture on the Wellington airport http://www.thehobbit...ington-airport/

And there are alot of 'the hobbit' promotional things around the city. NZ is definitely a big part of the LOTR trilogy and the hobbit for sure since filming takes place alot in New Zealand, even the scene where Frodo and gang hid from the naz gul in the woods under the tree, that is literally 5 minutes walk from where i live but not sure that ive seen it, since you need a tour to actually know which tree and all that.

Wow!, lucky you, I'd love to see some of the places LOTR was filmed in.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me how they are planning to split this in two parts,or have I hear wrong? :blink:

From what I remember of the the book there wasn't enough in it to warrant a duology,the title suggests the first part part could just be about the journey itself(through rivendale,mirkwood and all) but that would be a hell of a tease for those who haven't read the book....

Can someone tell me how they are planning to split this in two parts,or have I hear wrong? :blink:

From what I remember of the the book there wasn't enough in it to warrant a duology,the title suggests the first part part could just be about the journey itself(through rivendale,mirkwood and all) but that would be a hell of a tease for those who haven't read the book....

Mate I agree with the unecessity of 2 movies. One 3h long film would be perfectly to still shoot Tolkien`s book and connect the messages from Peter Jackson with the LOTR.

However, IT WILL BE A TRIOLOGY... :ph34r:

Cant believe the 600m red carpet premiere is just 5 minutes away from my home! Wellington is usually an uneventful city, but today it is middle earth.

You should have gone down there if you didn't! :P On that though, there's no "official" feedback (official being critics) from people who were lucky enough to have gone to the premiere. But a few "non-official" people who saw it say it was defining and ground breaking.

Also just saw:
Bryan Singer @BryanSinger
Just saw #Hobbit. Having some serious frame rate envy. Amazing and involving. Loved it! And @ianmckellen118, my friend, you are brilliant!

Bryan signer is the director of The Usual Suspects btw, stunning film, I recommend anyone who hasn't seen it does so.

Also the PM of New Zealand said its genius. But I suppose he would of said that any way.

What date does it launch at your countries?

I will have to wait until December 13 (at least the world wont have ended)...

First showing is 13th of December here in the UK too (Tickets already booked :P), I find it strange how all the adverts here are still saying the 14th of December though.

First showing is 13th of December here in the UK too (Tickets already booked :P), I find it strange how all the adverts here are still saying the 14th of December though.

Well, in Brazil the December 13th sessions are at midnight so, it is actually December 14th!

You should have gone down there if you didn't! :P On that though, there's no "official" feedback (official being critics) from people who were lucky enough to have gone to the premiere. But a few "non-official" people who saw it say it was defining, ground breaking and truly incredible, doubters can rest easy now.

Bryan signer is the director of The Usual Suspects, stunning film, I recommend anyone who hasn't seen it does so.

Also the PM of New Zealand said its genius. But I suppose he would of said that any way.

I did come down, but it was packed with people, it took them 2 hours to walk a short distance, i didnt stay that long though. Only saw a few people, Elijah Woods one of them.

Its the same here for me 13th December

I did come down, but it was packed with people, it took them 2 hours to walk a short distance, i didnt stay that long though. Only saw a few people, Elijah Woods one of them.

Its the same here for me 13th December

I've seen some of the pictures of the turnout, it must have been hectic :o.

Also here's some more reactions from people who have seen The Hobbit:

Hobbitreactionet93.png

• 3 weeks later...