Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

• 4 weeks later...

Yannick Ferrera, the current manager of second division club Sint-Truiden, trained a lot of young talents during his period as youth coach of Anderlecht. One of them was Adnan Januzaj. But still Ferrera expects a lot more of someone else.

"Charly Musonda is always been a star for me. What he often showed during traning sessions and games was out of earth. I organized several matches where the players only could use their weakest foot. If the bal by accident came for the better foot of Charly, he just managed to do a rabona with his better foot in the square of the net" says an impressed Ferrera to Het laatste Nieuws (Belgian paper).

"When we were playing on an international tournament, I saw parents being completely astonished when Charly did another amazing trick, he just played with his oponents.". In the meantime Charly is seventeen years old and plays for the U-21 team of Chelsea. In the past Musonda came out for the youth teams of Anderlecht where his father was a first squad player.

When any youth player break into the first team properly ala JT, I will start getting excited about these kids until then, i refuse to get my hopes up that one day one of them might end up making the grade. It has been said a billion times before but we are not a club that shows any form of commitment to youth integrating and no amount of empty and meaningless statement that lacks substance and actions to back it up by emenalo,Jose,Ron Gourlay et al will change that.

I just hope those impressing on loan like Bamford, Piazon, Thorgan et al wise up quickly and make decisions based on reality rather than fantasy and hope, so they don't end up like Bertrand, joshy et al.

What I like about this kid is that unlike other flashy wonderkids we've had like Kakuta and Boga, he can have big influence throughout the game. It's something I'd like to see Boga improve. 17 is still young, but I do think there needs to be at least somewhat consistent production even at that level.