Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

11 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

I really hope I'm wrong, but this kid reminds me so much of McEachran..... 

In what sense? This kid has got so much more drive and determination than Josh does, and seems to be a lot more dedicated to proving himself.

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

In what sense? This kid has got so much more drive and determination than Josh does, and seems to be a lot more dedicated to proving himself.

In the sense that everyone around him and in the media seem to be telling him that he's already a superstar when he still has a very tough road in order to make it. Incredibly dangerous at this stage in his career. 

Make his first start for Betis today against Neville's Valencia. Live on sky sports. Very intrigued to see how well he adjusts to the men's game now. Has been a 'wonderkid' for ages now and this is actually his first professional game. Hopefully he is worth the hype.

Already have a positive impact for Betis.

I look at Charly and I think he may overtake Boga in my ranking. They're clearly in league of their own in terms of ability and talent. But Charly has top mentality. He is so consistent, he doesn't have a game when he is invisible or nothing comes for him, no, he always gives at least correct impact. Which is unusual even for wonderkids that consistency. Plus work rate, wow, he has amazing work rate for offensive player and for his age.

He is complete package in terms of talent and maturity.

1 hour ago, illmatic said:

"Pay the necessary to keep him"

"It's a crack. A long time without see something like him here".

"Looks amazing. Every ball that he touched, finished in something good".

That are some of a lot messages who you can read on the Real Betis forum (a 6 pages thread with comments like this). And you go to Marca.com or another sports web, and the people are hallucinating with him. Incredible, taking in count that was only his first game.

And that is only the start, sure.

This is encouraging to be sure but we need to be wary of what I call the honeymoon syndrome. There is a period of time during which a new player, particularly a young one, gets excessive credit for everything he does well, and a free pass for everything he does badly. Fans' opinions eventually settle on a more balanced view of course so it will be interesting to read the opinions of Betis supporters after Charlay has played a dozen games for them. As I say though, it's encouraging that he started and that he played all 90.

3 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

I watched the entire match because football just isn't Mikel/Matic in the middle he was unreal which is staggering considering this was his professional debut. He started out at the right wing and although he drifted infield several occasions, pretty much played primarily there.

His dribbling ability is almost close to Hazard's level he even stole Eden's shield the ball with your arse and win a FK move. He ran them ragged for 90 minutes and got a ton of their players booked. He was so good that Gaya (one of the most promising LB's in the world) got sent off because he couldn't handle him. He's a dynamic player like Hazard, plays on the move and is a born entertainer. He even got his name chanted by the home fans towards the end which shows you I'm not exaggerating. Clear MoTM today, clever flick set up the cross which led to the winner.

Wish he was on a better team though. Betis play Championship football. They've even got the generic black DM and everything. Ball barely touched the ground in the opening half hour.

Thanks Gilvorak. I opened this thread to ask if anyone had watched the game so this is great info.