Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

• 2 weeks later...

And before someone says: 'yeees, but Chelsea contributed so much to his evolution', I'll give you this:

Isn't it weird that the Premier League is full of Belgians who first got their break in the Belgian, Dutch or French league, while the two biggest stars after Hazard (Musonda and Januzaj) keep struggling? I'm convinced they would be better off today if they had stayed at Anderlecht. Look at Lukaku ffs. There's no way he would have made it through the Chelsea academy due to a 'lack of technique' while he's now arguably one of the top three strikers in the league at age 22. Stop buying our youth for sports dudes. :P T

hey're never gonna make it in a league only interested in names and money. Wait until they've played a couple of seasons and then buy them for 30 million. You have cash to spare! :P

26 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

And before someone says: 'yeees, but Chelsea contributed so much to his evolution', I'll give you this:

Isn't it weird that the Premier League is full of Belgians who first got their break in the Belgian, Dutch or French league, while the two biggest stars after Hazard (Musonda and Januzaj) keep struggling? I'm convinced they would be better off today if they had stayed at Anderlecht. Look at Lukaku ffs. There's no way he would have made it through the Chelsea academy due to a 'lack of technique' while he's now arguably one of the top three strikers in the league at age 22. Stop buying our youth for sports dudes. :P T

hey're never gonna make it in a league only interested in names and money. Wait until they've played a couple of seasons and then buy them for 30 million. You have cash to spare! :P

Biggest stars?.....
Can't talk about Musonda, because Chelsea couldn't develop a youngster if Abramovic's life depended on it. But Januzaj has been loaned to Dortmund and yet how many appearances has he managed to make? 5? How many as a starter? 2? 
Maybe they keep struggling because they aren't ready, aren't mature enough probably to have a decent performance for a senior team. Would be better off at Anderlechtcht? Certainly they could've played more minutes and progressed a little but what serious experience they would get from 6 Champions league matches per season? I would argue the step from the belgian league to a proper football league is too much for these youngsters, so let them go to the french league or smilar before making a step that they can't handle. But then money talks, and probably these two for a lack of better judgement decided to take the money over the progression of their careers.

As "biggest stars" in England, i would argue there are at least three other belgian players better than them in this league at the moment.

7 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Biggest stars?.....
Can't talk about Musonda, because Chelsea couldn't develop a youngster if Abramovic's life depended on it. But Januzaj has been loaned to Dortmund and yet how many appearances has he managed to make? 5? How many as a starter? 2? 
Maybe they keep struggling because they aren't ready, aren't mature enough probably to have a decent performance for a senior team. Would be better off at Anderlechtcht? Certainly they could've played more minutes and progressed a little but what serious experience they would get from 6 Champions league matches per season? I would argue the step from the belgian league to a proper football league is too much for these youngsters, so let them go to the french league or smilar before making a step that they can't handle. But then money talks, and probably these two for a lack of better judgement decided to take the money over the progression of their careers.

As "biggest stars" in England, i would argue there are at least three other belgian players better than them in this league at the moment.

I meant the biggest talents. Regardless of what they are doing now, those two were the main talents Anderlecht had a couple of years ago. Had they stayed, they would have had 2 titles under their belts as well as a couple of CL appearances. Experience is everything. Dennis Praet is not as big a talent as those two, but he will be sold to a good big league club for a good amount of money next year, because he had the intelligence to stay and make it in a smaller league first. I think he has 3 titles and played in 15 or more CL matches up till now. Tell me how playing with the Chelsea U21 comes even close. I think the next generation of Belgians will take a look at this and be a little bit smarter (I hope). 

I hold no grudges against this (and most of the others in the PL) club, but coming here as an unproven youngster is borderline retarded and career-suicide.

7 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

B I would argue the step from the belgian league to a proper football league is too much for these youngsters, so let them go to the french league or smilar before making a step that they can't handle. 

Anderlecht was ten minutes away from 6 out of 6 against Tottenham this season (if I remember correctly). Also, if you look at every match played between a Belgian and a French team this year, you'll notice the French won about 2 points out of 12. The difference is much smaller than most of you think.

3 hours ago, johnnythefirst said:

I meant the biggest talents. Regardless of what they are doing now, those two were the main talents Anderlecht had a couple of years ago. Had they stayed, they would have had 2 titles under their belts as well as a couple of CL appearances. Experience is everything. Dennis Praet is not as big a talent as those two, but he will be sold to a good big league club for a good amount of money next year, because he had the intelligence to stay and make it in a smaller league first. I think he has 3 titles and played in 15 or more CL matches up till now. Tell me how playing with the Chelsea U21 comes even close. I think the next generation of Belgians will take a look at this and be a little bit smarter (I hope). 

I hold no grudges against this (and most of the others in the PL) club, but coming here as an unproven youngster is borderline retarded and career-suicide.

Coming to an EPL club as an unproven youngster may be career suicide but you can't blame a 16 or 17 year old kid for moving to England and gaining access to a nice pay packet, good living conditions as well as a decent social life outside of football.

I hope for Charly Musonda's sake, he proves himself on loan and earns a permanent move away from Chelsea. He'll be wasted like Pogba if he stays here 

14 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Coming to an EPL club as an unproven youngster may be career suicide but you can't blame a 16 or 17 year old kid for moving to England and gaining access to a nice pay packet, good living conditions as well as a decent social life outside of football.

I hope for Charly Musonda's sake, he proves himself on loan and earns a permanent move away from Chelsea. He'll be wasted like Pogba if he stays here 

He was getting paid well at Anderlecht also - just less than here. His social life would have probably been better as well, since all of his friends lived in Brussels where he went to school. 

I don't blame the kid, I blame the parents and the attitude in football that makes this possible.

He wasted 2,5 years of his career. 

In Anderlecht, He already could have 2 years of experience on first team, like Tielemans.

The kids should think better his decisions. Win a more comfortable life, but wasting years of progress. And i'm not talking only about this case. I mean when a kid leaves a team as Anderlecht that is perfect for his development, to another big team where clearly will have less options.

If I were a young talent, I would prefer stay in my early age in a club like PSV, Ajax, Anderlecht, Benfica. Maybe not would have a superstar life since kid, but the progress will be better and quicker.

Just now, illmatic said:

In Anderlecht, He already could have 2 years of experience on first team, like Tielemans.

The kids should think better his decisions. Win a more comfortable life, but wasting years of progress. And i'm not talking only about this case. I mean when a kid leaves a team as Anderlecht that is perfect for his development, to another big team where clearly will have less options.

If I were a young talent, I would prefer stay in my early age in a club like PSV, Ajax, Anderlecht, Benfica. Maybe not would have a superstar life since kid, but the progress will be better and quicker.

He would of went to Barca, Real, Bayern, Arsenal, City, United or somebody else then.

Lets be honest, money talks, it doesn't matter if your a 16 year old or 25 year old, if you can make x amount than you would somewhere else it obviously sways decisions, look at that wee Norweigan kid who went to Real Madrid, 30,000 euros a week or something.... it happens. 

On 11-1-2016 at 11:12 AM, OneMoSalah said:

look at that wee Norweigan kid who went to Real Madrid, 30,000 euros a week or something.... it happens. 

And he's probably going to become the next Freddy Adu for making the move so early. Madrid almost never seems to play its own youngsters. Has anyone actually really made it starting out at Real after Casillas? 

11 hours ago, johnnythefirst said:

And he's probably going to become the next Freddy Adu for making the move so early. Madrid almost never seems to play its own youngsters. Has anyone actually really made it starting out at Real after Casillas? 

Nacho fernandez and jese have played some games

1 hour ago, tommyv said:

Nacho fernandez and jese have played some games

Yeah, I saw that, I guess they never were first choice players and probably never will be. Several players seem to go through the academy, then leave for another club and return for lots of dough when they've made it there. Sounds familiar. ;-)