Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

Really? I would say he is like Hazard. The Iniesta links is there because of the close ball control and dribbling but don't see the Xavi and Fabregas connections at all. But I find Musonda and Boga quite similar. Boga is nust a bit more stocky but in terms of dribbling, creativity ad pace, they strike me as very similar. That is just my opinion.

The Xabi and Fabregas links are more about his approach to possession play and movement; he passes then quickly steps to side/back for a return pass, quickly recycling through possession. Even when he dribbles forward his game isn't about acceleration or pace. It's more of quick feet close control dribbles forward/sideways like Iniesta.

Whereas I see Boga utilizing more of acceleration and pace, control and balance when dribbling like Hazard. And his approach to possession play being first a square up and looking for a take on, again like Hazard.

It's all good (I simply love how he always controls the ball slightly to his left foot to give him options to choose, those are easily missed details that for me separate real gems from decent talents)

however how was his game from tactical point of view ? All those tracking backs, intelligent pressing, tenacity, maturity, responsibility. Tactical awareness at his best ! If he'd playing first team football then they'd say how developed tactically he is for his age !

One of the best display from that point from any youth player I've seen for years, especially by such quality player (and not the one who's work ethic is only positive thing). He's really matured player tactically. When you combines this with his natural other talents ... VERY GOOD future for this lad.

I rate Jeremie higher due to his superior physical features but I think they're on par in terms of natural talent (and some way above the rest)

They both are awesome prospects, curious where they will go next season. Charly already confirmed through instagram that this is his final year in the youth teams.

The Xabi and Fabregas links are more about his approach to possession play and movement; he passes then quickly steps to side/back for a return pass, quickly recycling through possession. Even when he dribbles forward his game isn't about acceleration or pace. It's more of quick feet close control dribbles forward/sideways like Iniesta.

Whereas I see Boga utilizing more of acceleration and pace, control and balance when dribbling like Hazard. And his approach to possession play being first a square up and looking for a take on, again like Hazard.

Good analysis No need to compare they could complement each other perfectly

They both are awesome prospects, curious where they will go next season. Charly already confirmed through instagram that this is his final year in the youth teams.

What he said on instagram ? He gave a hint where he'll go ?

Him and Boga have both home-grown status now so for sure they're going on loan. I hope Chelsea choose their destination wisely and with great ground-research, without relying on loose promises like it is often a case. They simply can't fuck them up with some stupid planning, I wouldn't accept if they play the role of destroying such talents :(

Him and Boga have both home-grown status now so for sure they're going on loan. I hope Chelsea choose their destination wisely and with great ground-research, without relying on loose promises like it is often a case. They simply can't fuck them up with some stupid planning, I wouldn't accept if they play the role of destroying such talents :(

As long as Charly Musonda doesn't end up in the English Championship/League 1, he'll be fine

As long as Charly Musonda doesn't end up in the English Championship/League 1, he'll be fine

No worries. Jorge Mendes is now his agent meaning he'll always get a good loan. Those two leagues you mentioned won't be good for him though.

This is what he said:

"Big games ahead in my final season of youth football I hope we can win titles again ⚽️✌️ grab your laptops and go watch the rest of the video on the CJR10 page"

Instagram link: https://instagram.com/cjrmusonda10/

Also a nice article on our youth from WAGNH: http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/4/11/8385597/chelseas-academy-xi

I don't agree with the comparison to Oscar and Fabregas though.

This is what he said:

"Big games ahead in my final season of youth football I hope we can win titles again ⚽️✌️ grab your laptops and go watch the rest of the video on the CJR10 page"

Instagram link: https://instagram.com/cjrmusonda10/

Also a nice article on our youth from WAGNH: http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/4/11/8385597/chelseas-academy-xi

I don't agree with the comparison to Oscar and Fabregas though.

I don't get how RLC can be the highest rated player there ! Lol.

I fear because he's hyped, even in a poll he's head and shoulders above the rest, but people should be ready for slightly disappointment. He doesn't play consistently well for 2 year now. I rate him highly but not that much.

Also author thinks that Boga's best position is a winger and Musonda's a holder. Boga has to play as a number 10 not a winger, it's obvious :) Those comparison with Kakuta are stupid. He's French and black then of course he's the second coming of Kakuta, just like Zouma is the new Desailly (French and black). It's retarded. He has by far better tools for first team than Kakuta thanks to better strength and better standing on his feet. Their style of play is different. Boga has different movements in him, he's very direct. If the lack of tracking back has to kill such talent then screw this, let's sell him ASAP for good of the football.

And Musonda is replica of Iniesta. Fabregas ? :o

I don't see that long queue ahead of them. Oscar can be easily sold, Cuadrado looks very bad and Willian is still very unproductive in offence and already 27 in the summer. (Also Hazard can leave if he calls it a day)

And BTW if Isaih Brown is going to play first XI for Chelsea then we're screwed.

However I agree with assesments of many other players especially with Dasilva and Christiansen.

He was outstanding

I'm absolutely agree. He is already a great dribbler. Very fast but sometimes lose his head in crucial moments i think.

If all reach their potential, a front 6 of the following would be brilliant:

Solanke

(Hazard) - Musonda - Boga

RLC - (Matic)

How you can ignore our best player and captain as well - Izzy Brown? And Colkett is brilliant too i think, he have potential to become a great playmaker.

How you can ignore our best player and captain as well - Izzy Brown? And Colkett is brilliant too i think, he have potential to become a great playmaker.

What? Izzy Brown is not the best player in the youth team at all.

Ask anyone that watches the youth regularly and they'll tell you that the likes of Musonda, Boga, RLC and Solanke are way more talented. Not even questionable.

Colkett is an interesting talent but again, not as talented as the above individuals.

Ask anyone that watches the youth regularly and they'll tell you that the likes of Musonda, Boga, RLC and Solanke are way more talented. Not even questionable.

Colkett is an interesting talent but again, not as talented as the above individuals.

RLC is the most overated youth player actually in chelsea...i dont really see anything special about him besides from his physique...he always drift out of game,average in passing, defensive positioning and finishing...izzy is probably the most ready of the lot altough i can't see him being a world class winger...he can do a job as a striker in my opinion

Colkett is however very good...he is excellent in posession and have progressed the most among with solanke at youth level...his passing range is exceptional...he has seems to grow as well...i think if he keeps on growing and bulk up a bit...he can be a very good pl player

RLC is the most overated youth player actually in chelsea...i dont really see anything special about him besides from his physique...he always drift out of game,average in passing, defensive positioning and finishing...izzy is probably the most ready of the lot altough i can't see him being a world class winger...he can do a job as a striker in my opinion

Colkett is however very good...he is excellent in posession and have progressed the most among with solanke at youth level...his passing range is exceptional...he has seems to grow as well...i think if he keeps on growing and bulk up a bit...he can be a very good pl player

if you think RLC is the most overrated player in our youth set up you don't watch him enough. The kid makes the game look so effortless watch the match he played vs Italy a few months back glides by players with his pace and power

I agree with this except the Colkett part. There's not a single aspect of his game that is lacking from a technical standpoint. He's every bit as talented as those guys with the exception of maybe Musonda and Boga.