Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

AS Monaco was interested in loaning him, but Mou has said that he couldn't leave Chelsea. Otherwise he was playing the quarter finals of the CL now.

It was probably down to the fact that he had to stay one more year to become homegrown here. He is here already 3 years (2012-2015) and now he is considered a homegrown player.

So now he can go somewhere abroad on loan.

my only slight concern about him is his very slender physique. Needs to bulk up a bit.

I know but he seems to still grow and therefore you can't expect for him to go to gym and bulk up too much. But once he stops growing then he really needs to grow muscles and become broader, because even at U21 level he's shoved off the ball too much. Let's see.

Youth development is about developing technically and physically. His technique is outstanding, right up there with Eden Hazard, just phenomenal ball control, very much two-footed as well. However he still lags behind physically, but at this age is not a problem.

Mourinho already ordered Christiansen to bulk up big time if he wants to play as a CB.

It was probably down to the fact that he had to stay one more year to become homegrown here. He is here already 3 years (2012-2015) and now he is considered a homegrown player.

So now he can go somewhere abroad on loan.

I know but he seems to still grow and therefore you can't expect for him to go to gym and bulk up too much. But once he stops growing then he really needs to grow muscles and become broader, because even at U21 level he's shoved off the ball too much. Let's see.

Youth development is about developing technically and physically. His technique is outstanding, right up there with Eden Hazard, just phenomenal ball control, very much two-footed as well. However he still lags behind physically, but at this age is not a problem.

Mourinho already ordered Christiansen to bulk up big time if he wants to play as a CB.

I just hope he doesn't go to a Championship level team. AS Monaco seems like a good destination, if he's good enough he'll probably play.

I just hope he doesn't go to a Championship level team. AS Monaco seems like a good destination, if he's good enough he'll probably play.

If someone has a plan to send him to Championship, I don't think that he wishes him well.

Jan boskamp told once charly never looks at the ball when he has the ball at his feet. charly knows where the ball is so he is always watching at the opponent.

Great technical skills, why does he not get chances in the first team? Are Oscar and William that much better?

Jan boskamp told once charly never looks at the ball when he has the ball at his feet. charly knows where the ball is so he is always watching at the opponent.

Great technical skills, why does he not get chances in the first team? Are Oscar and William that much better?

I'd say not enough power yet. He still has the body of a young teenager.

Loan him out first.

Why? to spare us the scenes of Charlie Adam devouring him. As an avid watcher of our academy games, I know it wouldn't be pretty. PL is WAY WAY TOO SOON FOR HIM RIGHT NOW.

:D:D

The only thing that'll stop young Charly is his physique. Hopefully he puts on a few pounds of muscle soon and he should be alright. Technically he's amazing, but I'm very cautious with him because of his physique. Boga, Solanke and RLC are great examples of players that have really filled into their bodies. Hopefully Musonda does the same.

Such a quality player. He is destined to become a great player somewhere. Hopefuly us though. His close ball control, dribbling, acceleration and balance despite his size his excellent. You only have to look at his goal in the U21 game at OT last season to see he has fantastic balance. Although he has got no way near the first team, he still manages to be a key player for the NT U21 which is rare for players who don't have first team football. Been running rings around that Roma team. Him and Boga are just a joy to watch.

Such a quality player. He is destined to become a great player somewhere. Hopefuly us though. His close ball control, dribbling, acceleration and balance despite his size his excellent. You only have to look at his goal in the U21 game at OT last season to see he has fantastic balance. Although he has got no way near the first team, he still manages to be a key player for the NT U21 which is rare for players who don't have first team football. Been running rings around that Roma team. Him and Boga are just a joy to watch.

I tell ya, Hazard level of player. Just watch.

Where can we watch him? Seen very little footage from him but what I saw was impressive.

Ive followed him since at Anderlecht. A lot of virus infected streams, torrents and the youtube movies .... All worth it imo.

He is quite the talent though, even in the U21 of Belgium , where he was one of the few who didnt play first team football, he still shines like a diamond. Amazing talent, i never said this of anyone belgian except Hazard and to a lesser degree KDB and Kompany. I do think he is above the KDB/Kompany potential scale.

I tell ya, Hazard level of player. Just watch.

Musonda's style is very different to Hazard's style. The way Musonda dribbles and moves with the ball is like Iniesta. Musonda's style is more a mix of Iniesta, Xabi, Fabregas.

The player similar to Hazard is Boga. It's actually VERY uncanny how similar Hazard's and Boga's style are!

In terms of RAW TALENT, they are the best two youngstars we have, then probably Traore and RLC. I would choose Boga over Musonda because/for the same reasons I would Hazard over Iniesta. :D Hopefully both reach their full potential and make it here; it would be mesmerizing. :P

It's all good (I simply love how he always controls the ball slightly to his left foot to give him options to choose, those are easily missed details that for me separate real gems from decent talents)

however how was his game from tactical point of view ? All those tracking backs, intelligent pressing, tenacity, maturity, responsibility. Tactical awareness at his best ! If he'd playing first team football then they'd say how developed tactically he is for his age !

One of the best display from that point from any youth player I've seen for years, especially by such quality player (and not the one who's work ethic is only positive thing). He's really matured player tactically. When you combines this with his natural other talents ... VERY GOOD future for this lad.

I rate Jeremie higher due to his superior physical features but I think they're on par in terms of natural talent (and some way above the rest)

Musonda's style is very different to Hazard's style. The way Musonda dribbles and moves with the ball is like Iniesta. Musonda's style is more a mix of Iniesta, Xabi, Fabregas.

The player similar to Hazard is Boga. It's actually VERY uncanny how similar Hazard's and Boga's style are!

In terms of RAW TALENT, they are the best two youngstars we have, then probably Traore and RLC. I would choose Boga over Musonda because/for the same reasons I would Hazard over Iniesta. :D Hopefully both reach their full potential and make it here; it would be mesmerizing. :P

Level of potential, not style was my point, mate. [emoji6]

Where can we watch him? Seen very little footage from him but what I saw was impressive.

Today's UCL Youth match was broadcast pretty much everywhere in the world so you can probably find a download link to the full match if you look. He played really well today. One of the best performances I've seen of him considering the level of the opponent and competition.

Really? I would say he is like Hazard. The Iniesta links is there because of the close ball control and dribbling but don't see the Xavi and Fabregas connections at all. But I find Musonda and Boga quite similar. Boga is nust a bit more stocky but in terms of dribbling, creativity ad pace, they strike me as very similar. That is just my opinion.