Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

Well at least somebody in Mourinho's camp has use for the kids. :worship:

Jorge Mendes has access to some of the best young talent in the world and he doesn't have to even work hard for it. Some people have it so easy :worship:

The thing is, the rumour is probably not true, or at least not verified. I saw the picture on Musonda's instagram long before HLNE Belgium picked it up and immediately interpreted it as Musonda signing with Jorge Mendes. Judging by the image tag, it probably isn't. They probably just met at a gathering or something. Musonda also has deleted the picture.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He was the best player at the field in the U21 game vs Moldavia. Seriously, try this lad out in the last 20 minutes of games instead of Oscar. We will improve for sure.

He's a step above than most of the u21's. Curious where his loan destination will be.

He was the best player at the field in the U21 game vs Moldavia. Seriously, try this lad out in the last 20 minutes of games instead of Oscar. We will improve for sure.

I tried to find some video of the game last night but didn't manage to. I'll try again later but it's encouraging to read your comment. Charly has not been at the top of his game for the development squads recently, often starting on the bench of late.

Really wanted to see Belgium game last night but couldn't find a stream :(

I'm happy for Charly, again fantastic display and again probably MoTM performance from him.

He's an amazing talent. It's a pity that currently he only starts from the bench and physicall players like Brown and Abraham are preffered here. I'd really like to see how he and Boga would work together but youth coach doesn't allow to have both of them on a pitch.

They gave him contract until 2019 so they believe in his talent.

Let's hope that they wisely choose his next destination. He is counted as a homegrown now so he can move abroad. Just don't think about sending him to Championship.

He reminds me of Iniesta with his technique, build, movements and vision.

Timothy Castagne, team mate of Charly Musonda Jr in the U21 team of Belgium:

"We have a group with a lot of talent in it. Who the best player is? Charly has certainly impressed me the most. You can see that he trains every day with European top players in Chelsea, it is impossible to take the ball from him. He can become the big player of Belgium in the future."

AS Monaco was interested in loaning him, but Mou has said that he couldn't leave Chelsea. Otherwise he was playing the quarter finals of the CL now.