Michael Ballack

Magic Lamps

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I'm overall being harsh but I will always remember him as the guy who ducked instead of trying to stop Iniesta's shot

Weird, I remember him as the guy who chased Ovrebo on the pitch pushing him around when he refused to give us a blatant penalty.

I actualy like that moment now, we won CL afterall and in 2009, ballack was still here :(

Great player, we dont lose anything realy if we sign him for a year. Im sure he can teach Marin, Hazard,...some classy football.

After Dr

Usually i am against these type of moves, but right now i think this would be a fantastic idea.

He is one of those few players that inspires you through his presence alone and he can play defensive midfield, it was no coincidence we went mad on the goals in 2010 when he played there.

One year deal, what can go wrong? and maybe just maybe he can win the trophy that has eluded him all his career, while helping us making history by being the first side in donkey's years to retain it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Was having a think about this the other day and i actually want this to happen now, i think for a year this could be genius.

One year deal, adds some beef to the double pivot, replace Drogba as the ultimate big game player.

Terry, Cech, Lampard and Drogba have finally got their hands on the Champions League, the trophy however still eludes Ballack. This trophy has eluded him, we as a club may have got our revenge for Moscow and Barca but Ballack aint.

We are looking to be the first team to retain the European Cup since it became the Champions League, Ballack comes back for one last shot at the trophy that has eluded him all his career, it's written in the stars, is it not? ;)

Was having a think about this the other day and i actually want this to happen now, i think for a year this could be genius.

One year deal, adds some beef to the double pivot, replace Drogba as the ultimate big game player.

Terry, Cech, Lampard and Drogba have finally got their hands on the Champions League, the trophy however still eludes Ballack. This trophy has eluded him, we as a club may have got our revenge for Moscow and Barca but Ballack aint.

We are looking to be the first team to retain the European Cup since it became the Champions League, Ballack comes back for one last shot at the trophy that has eluded him all his career, it's written in the stars, is it not? ;)

There are iditos out there that wouldnt want Ballack because he is jinxed. All his teams have ended runners up be it club or country. But Ballack is BOSS!!

He hardly became a big game player when he was with us in the first place. What makes you think a nearly 36 year old injury prone has-been is magically going to become one?

And I'm sorry, signing him back just because the CL trophy has eluded him is not really a good excuse based on rational thinking, but sappy sentiment.

Its clear that months after he has been released by Bayer that all clubs relies he has little to offer, is near retirement too injury prone, and is asking too much in wages for what he has to offer. Its good thing he club is not considering this.

^ That's pretty strange because I seem to remember his performances in the holding role in the second part of the Double winning season under Carlo were a huge part of our recovery and subsequent victorious climax.

True, even under Grant, he came back from injury with a little more than two months to the end of the season and he was the main reason we managed to claw back something like an 11 point gap with utd to only goal difference with two games to go.

^ That's pretty strange because I seem to remember his performances in the holding role in the second part of the Double winning season under Carlo were a huge part of our recovery and subsequent victorious climax.

We didn't have a holding midfielder for the last month or two (at least when Mikel was injured for the last month), we played a flat midfield trio of Malouda, Ballack and Lampard, where they all had to advance up the field together. When we did play with a holding midfield it was always with Mikel.

Was always one of my fav players but don't think he'd be such a great move considering the new direction we're going in. Wouldn't be a particularly clever move on the board's part to have this vison for a new style of football, clean house with Essien and Meireles and then bring in Ballack? No point IMO.

Much rather see him back for his coaching badges, maybe Sheva too...