Michael Ballack

Magic Lamps

There's a lot of games before January. As the cliche goes you can't win the competitions by then but you can lose them!

Thinking about it, since we've let Essien and Meireles go we've got 2 more spaces regarding CM. Ballack now and then maybe a CM who will actually improve the first XI and is able to effect the double pivot(if available) in January. Doesn't sound too bad.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I'm overall being harsh but I will always remember him as the guy who ducked instead of trying to stop Iniesta's shot

Wow, should we already remember Essien for the guy who whiffed at the ball trying to clear it just before messi took it and passed it to Iniesta?

Pay per play deal...

Works fo other clubs....

Why not us?

In fact I think that should be the de-facto standard for all players - sure a decent retainer as well, but only paid big bucks if playing - also link it to performance, like every other human working on the planet!

Ballack? Ballack!? BALLACK!? FUCKING SIGN HIM UP! TELL MOSES TO GIVE BALLACK THE NUMBER 13 SO I CAN BUY IT

He is a born leader on level with John Terry and not many can claim that.

We've had quite a few with a sheer force of personality like that. Drogba for instance is more of a man mountain than either Terry or Ballack. It takes quite something to captain a football team, but it pales in comparison to turning up to the Ivory Coast and basically saying "Stop fighting each other, or I'll be cross" to stop a civil war.

I'd be happy to see him here of course but it seems weird to get someone at that age like we've not planned for Essien and Meireles to go. A few months would be good tbh. I suppose as a free agent, nothing could go wrong.

think so

Imagine what a fairytale it would be for him to return and win the title that has evaded him for all his career :halo:

wow that would be amazing! imagine getting to a penalty shoot out in the CL final again but this time Ballack steps up to take the last penalty and smashes it in to retain our CL trophy!