Victor Moses

Superblue

I think he's had a brilliant first season! I mean let's be honest, he got no ratings coming from a club like Wigan - We all assumed he'd be one to disappear among the usual suspects. But he actually took most of his opportunities. Yea, he didn't have 10/10 every game, but most games he was very productive, direct and gave us a good injection of pace.

When you consider he was an upgrade on Kalou, I really don't know how anyone can complain. His game compliments the guys like Hazard and Mata, because his runs actually take players away from these guys. Not to mention, in a very thin squad he played a good number of games last season without so much as a niggle.

It's guys like him that helped this club play over 60 games this season without picking up any serious injuries and he's good for depth - Which everyone complains we don't have enough of!

I acted more excited about this signing than Hazard's when it was announced I remember :ph34r:

I expected a slightly better and more consistent impact, and I really thought he'd play a handful of games as a striker, but I think he's done exactly what someone of his experience should have done here. He can only become a better play under Mourinho. Maybe close to the calibre of Callejon, who knows.

I think he's had a brilliant first season! I mean let's be honest, he got no ratings coming from a club like Wigan - We all assumed he'd be one to disappear among the usual suspects. But he actually took most of his opportunities. Yea, he didn't have 10/10 every game, but most games he was very productive, direct and gave us a good injection of pace.

When you consider he was an upgrade on Kalou, I really don't know how anyone can complain. His game compliments the guys like Hazard and Mata, because his runs actually take players away from these guys. Not to mention, in a very thin squad he played a good number of games last season without so much as a niggle.

It's guys like him that helped this club play over 60 games this season without picking up any serious injuries and he's good for depth - Which everyone complains we don't have enough of!

Kalou was much better to be honest, the perfect squad player imo.

I like him tbh, he isn't great but like a few people said above he's a good squad player. And he's rather good at tracking back from the right side. Just needs to learn how to cross, since he had the worse cross conversion rate of any player in the league last year. (Well, I go told so anyways)

And he's only young, time to develop into a better player next season. Especially under Jose.

I really hope this rumor is true. Moses is one of the most nonsense signings of Abramovich era.

Kinda agree, he was good in his starting matches for us, but after the AFCON, he got fucking shit. Even in the games where he has scored goals, his overall performance was below average.

I cannot believe this guy got more playing time than Marko Marin. IMO Marin is a lot more skillful and has more technical ability. Moses just tracks back and is better defensively. In his first couple of games Moses was brilliant but then it just tailed off. He always looked out of place when trying to link up with hazard and mata tbh. I think he should be sold in the summer because as hard working as he is, he just isn't Chelsea quality. He should go to a team like West Ham, Fulham or some other Mid Table team. He would fit in better and they would appreciate him more.

I cannot believe this guy got more playing time than Marko Marin. IMO Marin is a lot more skillful and has more technical ability. Moses just tracks back and is better defensively. In his first couple of games Moses was brilliant but then it just tailed off. He always looked out of place when trying to link up with hazard and mata tbh.

Moses is a slightly different player than Marin. The former is more of a direct winger than the latter. He offers something different to what we got now and not mention, a goal threat in the attacking third. As you said, Moses started off brilliant but then tailed off (after the AFCON) and that's the problem with people. They only focus on the bad things and forgetting the good ones. Moses has showed he's capable to be a decent squad player who can come in and do the job for us if and when needed. Always looked out of place when linking with Hazard and Mata? Think you're making it worse than it is. He might have some problems in understanding their game but remember it's only his first season here. Moses will get better when allowed to play more games with them.

I think he should be sold in the summer because as hard working as he is, he just isn't Chelsea quality. He should go to a team like West Ham, Fulham or some other Mid Table team. He would fit in better and they would appreciate him more.

It seems many have become spoilt by watching Mata, Hazard, Oscar etc playing. For the players that is playing week in week out but for those that aren't, like 2nd/3rd/4th etc choice players, you can't expect to be having the same set of quality players sitting on the bench. As said above, Moses is capable to be a decent squad player for us even though he's not world class. And with time and age on his side, he can only get better with experience. Doubt he will complain playing 2nd fiddle either.

and to think, we replaced him with Marko Marin :doh:

I have said it before, Kalou this season = 2nd place finish.

:doh: How about better defending = 2nd place finish??

he just isn't Chelsea quality.

Was Bridge, Geremi, Huth and Smertin Chelsea quality?

Was/is Brown, O Shea, Evans, Welbeck and Fabio Man.Utd quality?

It's squad's that win titles, we can't have a 25 man squad full of world class talent.

:doh: How about better defending = 2nd place finish??

Imagine Kalou in the squad instead of Marin? that's 8 ish more "lucky tap ins" that we didn't get, that would have surely got us a few more points and therefore, 2nd place.

Ofcourse we should have defended better during the season, but that wasn't the sole reason we were fighting for CL football with the North London mob.