Victor Moses

Superblue

Could you please tell me how matches he started under Rafael Benitez compared to Oscar ? I doubt he is good enough to be honest, shocking decisions at times, poor passing, overall, he relies on his pace and try at times to dribble, nothing exceptionnal.If we want to win the title and the Champions League, we'll need much better than him as "squad" player.

Yeh, let's just sell him and sign Schurrle cause his decision making is perfect, his passing is perfect and everything he does is exceptional.

Schurrle would be nothing more than an expensive squad player at Chelsea.

Far more promising and talented than him, for sure, Moses is a no-brain player, and he proved that since we bought him, he brings nothing to the team apart some goals, does he track back to defend ? can he score decisive goals ? He is young, yes, but overall, I see Schurrle as a future star, Moses as a future Kalou.

I think you're being too harsh. He was never intended to be a revolutionary signing for the price we paid for him. Compared to the rest of our offensive minded players, he's been the most consistent at tracking back to defend.

And to your point of scoring decisive goals.

People are quick to forget how bad Kalou was at times, at least Moses can beat his man 1 on 1. While I agree he needs to improve his passing, he can still do damage on the wing with his pace and trickery.

Moses is arguably more direct than Hazard. He is very strong and can mix it up between directly running at opponents, or trying to out-muscle players. We can't just have a squad of technical players. Yes, we might be targeting the likes of Isco, but we are signing the likes of Moses and also signing people like Schurrle because they are different to what we already have.

Could you please tell me how matchs he started under Rafael Benitez compared to Oscar ? I doubt he is good enough to be honest, shocking decisions at times, poor passing, overall, he relies on his pace and try at times to dribble, nothing exceptionnal.If we want to win the title and the Champions League, we'll need much better than him as "squad" player.

This.

He adds nothing to our team.

Top class team must have top class bench...Moses - nowhere near that.

^ newsflash - we're not top class anymore. Until we re-assert ourselves as a superpower on the European stage (and win another UCL/win the title again), the calibre of Moses is probably the best we're going to get as a squad player.

No, if anything he's over confident. And he always tries to beat his opponents, so I don't really understand.

His decision making is the problem and not looking up, he goes with his instincts rather than double thinking. He stated that he wants to play for Barca before he came here, so he obviously wants to prove a point. Moses is a very good player, and he's still young a lot of people forget that, he will be a good asset to our team in the future I believe.

He will learn with games and as the seasons go on, most wingers go through this when they are young, they'll go with their instincts rather than being more observant and logical.

Amen to this post. I hate them knee-jerk responses who start saying he needs to leave because of one or few bad games. Give him time, he has age on his side and he in no way has been a useless player like some silly people have suggested.

Getting rather frustrating with Moses at times. Beats the defender(s), gets himself into a good position to score/pass and then he produces a rubbish end product. There's a lack of inconsistency in that coupled with some very poor decision making. Must do better!

He did good tonight. Got into dangerous positions, used his body well at times to retain possession/win it back and ran a lot. Had a decent effort saved by Schwartzer in the second half too. As Kojo basically said, his decision making will improve. In a way hes still very raw, in a way he is a cross between a sprinter and a strong guy (hahaha some comparison). He is really fast along the ground, one of the faster players in our squad and is very strong and powerful when running with the ball/trying to regain or win back possession. His strength offers us something that Mata and Oscar in particular lack. Hazard is a bit stockier and can hold the ball well but isn't as big or strong as this guy. He will work on his finishing/crossing/decision making in the future. Hes only 22 remember guys.

One of those weird Benitez decisions, he loves Moses, but the guy is not a player for a top european club. every time I see this guy playing I feel like: "Jesus Christ...".

Well, now people will say he is good because he runs a lot and have muscles...this is really funny. lol