Victor Moses

Superblue

@Carefreeluke

Ramires not in a 4 2-3-1..he`s better played on the right edge of midfield in a 4-3-3 he`s fast but his pace is better used counter attacking. he doesn`t have the guile to get past defenders upfield where they will be pressing him and he doesn`t have the passing/crossing ability to pass around them. he can fill in when we don`t have better options like we did during the pre-season friendlies but that is all.

Hazard and Mata will interchange between LW/LM and CAM. Marin will be back up at LW/LM he could fill in at RW but more effective on the left. as could Hazard but that would take away him from the LW/CAM position.

Oscar will probably start out at RW/RM. but we need somebody else. Moses can play RW/LW/CF all pretty well and satisfies the homegrown quota. getting him in and in the 25 man first team squad would mean we could get rid of Turnbull as surely only needing him for the 8 homegrowns rule has kept him in the 25.

I see your point but Ramires was class on the right when Di Matteo came in. I agree about Ramires not going past defenders but it's something he can work on, he has done it in the past. Ramires does provide width. Mikel, Lampard and Mata should play centrally, Mikel is starting to look a decent player, he's so much better with the ball now. If you're going to be playing Hazard, Mata and Oscar all in the same team, we're going to lack balance. It's like when we played under AVB and had Mata and Sturridge in the wide areas, there was a lack of balance and the full backs were given too much work to do. Ramires on the right will get up and down all day and make our midfield much more balanced.

I see your point but Ramires was class on the right when Di Matteo came in. I agree about Ramires not going past defenders but it's something he can work on, he has done it in the past. Ramires does provide width. Mikel, Lampard and Mata should play centrally, Mikel is starting to look a decent player, he's so much better with the ball now. If you're going to be playing Hazard, Mata and Oscar all in the same team, we're going to lack balance. It's like when we played under AVB and had Mata and Sturridge in the wide areas, there was a lack of balance and the full backs were given too much work to do. Ramires on the right will get up and down all day and make our midfield much more balanced.

i think it depends on who we are playing. if we are playing a negative team who want to park the bus on us.Ramires as much as i love him, there`s just no place in the starting team for him. he can go past 2 or 3 players but he needs to do that from deep where he can do his running off the ball. he may be able to go wide and can come back and cover attacking LB/Wingbacks but he offers very lil playing RW going forward from that position. Moses i would play ahead of him in a 4-2-3-1 when teams park the bus on us. i do personally think we will play more games with a 4-3-3 formation then both Moses and Ramires can play in the same team. Moses will be in the 25 man squad so his signing is not wasted as you earlier had suggested. when teams park the bus on us the defensive duties of a RW will be very small. he will be needed more to add some creativity and that`s why Oscar and Moses should play ahead of Rambo.

Oscar will not be someone who just stays forward wherever he is played ,he will drift back and although he won`t dive in and make highlight reel tackles he can clog passing lanes and intercept passes. his best position eventually i think with be back in CM but he can do a good shift at RW/RM for the time being. much better at crossing,passing and going past players that press him than Ramires is. so is Moses. with us being European Champions and having made quite a splash on getting attack minded players it`s fair to say that most teams will try and park the bus on us this season.

What the hell are we doing, signing every winger on the planet?

8 million would be better spent as a down payment on a class midfielder, or perhaps a loan of Sahin.

What class midfielder would you get for 8 million, and a young player with very good potential is a far far far better signing then Sahin for one season.

What class midfielder would you get for 8 million, and a young player with very good potential is a far far far better signing then Sahin for one season.

As a down payment. Pay 40 million over 5 seasons at 8 million a year.

How on earth is another winger a good signing? I don't care if we sign Messi, we don't need another winger. We already have, what, 7 at the club. How's he going to play/develop? Why sign him to send him straight back out on loan again? We've invested enough in potential over the last 2 seasons in the attacking third of the pitch. Time to turn our attention to defence and midfield, where we're lightweight.

How on earth is another winger a good signing? I don't care if we sign Messi, we don't need another winger. We already have, what, 7 at the club. How's he going to play/develop? Why sign him to send him straight back out on loan again? We've invested enough in potential over the last 2 seasons in the attacking third of the pitch. Time to turn our attention to defence and midfield, where we're lightweight.

Starting wingers? We have Hazard, Marin and Sturridge really, maybe Mata depending on whether him or Oscar gets the nod at the centre. Rambo won't play on the right much this season, Sturridge wants to play CF aswell. Moses is a good young player who can also play as a striker, and has great potential, an estute signing. I highly doubt we're going to send him on loan.

We're not lightweight at midfield, for the two positions we have Lampard, Essien, Meireles, Rambo, Mikel and possibly Oscar if he's going to play there. If we are going to bring in more players at midfield we'll need to get rid of some of these first, and at defence all we really need is a right back, and we'll more then likely sign one.

We have only 1 true winger. Maybe 2 if you count hazard. 3 at a stretch with Mata. But 7? That's a bit random number.

We have only 1 true winger. Maybe 2 if you count hazard. 3 at a stretch with Mata. But 7? That's a bit random number.

We have a heap of players that can play there though.

Mata

Hazard

Marin

Malouda

Ramires

Kakuta

Sturridge

The true winger died out a long time ago. True wingers don't cut inside and shoot. Even as far as potential goes, Hazard/Mata/De Bruyne and to a lesser extent, Sturridge, represent players who can get a whole lot better in a short space of time.

We have a heap of players that can play there though.

Mata

Hazard

Marin

Malouda

Ramires

Kakuta

Sturridge

The true winger died out a long time ago. True wingers don't cut inside and shoot. Even as far as potential goes, Hazard/Mata/De Bruyne and to a lesser extent, Sturridge, represent players who can get a whole lot better in a short space of time.

No way should Ramires play as a RW.

Id bet my house that kakuta will leave.

Hazard doesn't seem to be interested in playing as a winger (or one that goes to the byline and crosses)

Sturridge should be used as a striker.

Malouda performed better as a wide midfielder/centrally last couple of seasons imo he's totally useless as an attacking winger now

I do agree with your point about getting a midfielder though. We're weaker there as compared to the wings.

No way should Ramires play as a RW.

Id bet my house that kakuta will leave.

Hazard doesn't seem to be interested in playing as a winger (or one that goes to the byline and crosses)

Sturridge should be used as a striker.

Malouda performed better as a wide midfielder/centrally last couple of seasons imo he's totally useless as an attacking winger now

I do agree with your point about getting a midfielder though. We're weaker there as compared to the wings.

But if things get out of hand with injury and suspension, it will be Ramires/Sturridge, even Malouda ahead of Moses.

But if things get out of hand with injury and suspension, it will be Ramires/Sturridge, even Malouda ahead of Moses.

I'm not totally for signing Moses but at 8million is there any harm? obviously I'd rather we sign someone better but we only seem to be interested in Hulk and I've not been impressed by him at all, especially at that utterly ridiculous price.

And I don't see this deal (if it happens) restricting any midfield purchases if RDM/the board are truly keen on getting someone. Hardly think 8m will make a difference. If they feel we need a central midfielder, we'll go after one regardless of this deal.

I'm not totally for signing Moses but at 8million is there any harm? obviously I'd rather we sign someone better but we only seem to be interested in Hulk and I've not been impressed by him at all, especially at that utterly ridiculous price.

And I don't see this deal (if it happens) restricting any midfield purchases if RDM/the board are truly keen on getting someone. Hardly think 8m will make a difference. If they feel we need a central midfielder, we'll go after one regardless of this deal.

There's potential harm to Moses himself. He may not realise his potential here. It could be a make or break career move for him and its too early for him to jump across such a huge gap.

There's potential harm to Moses himself. He may not realise his potential here. It could be a make or break career move for him and its too early for him to jump across such a huge gap.

That's the only argument I have against this move. He won't get as much game time as he would have at Wigan, unless he secures a starting spot for himself .

That's the only argument I have against this move. He won't get as much game time as he would have at Wigan, unless he secures a starting spot for himself .

Which for the time being is unlikely. Certainly Marin will be preferred on the bench to him, and Hazard and Mata look set to play as wingers with Oscar in the AM spot.

And fellow Nigerian Mikel lauded the winger ahead of the proposed move, telling MTNFootball.com: "Victor Moses is a good player, we all saw what he did last season.

"I will gladly welcome him and make him feel at home if he comes here. It would be a good move for him and I am sure he will make it big here.

Using Sinclair as an example. Looking at our squad from last season for the majority of the time I'd rather have him over Malouda, Kalou, Meireles etc for a start. Nothing better than developing your own youth players, they are always loved by the fans as well. The way we handle our youth players, is a joke.

Sinclair isn't that good, certainly not good enough for us, just because he is flourishing in a mid table side doesn't mean he will slot in a top side and win them the league. Liverpool made that mistake with Henderson, Adam and Downing and are about to the same with Joe Allen.

What youth player have we let go and regretted let go?

And you slate our youth policy, apart from Barcelona who are a freak one off, what top clubs who have been winning things have done it by randomenly putting young players in with no experience in? Don't say Welbeck for United because Fergie didn't start trusting him until he had a full season loan at Sunderland.

7? who? benayoun and malouda should hardly be counted, kakuta might be sold so moses does not seem so bad. plus he is a squad buy and i would say a pretty decent one. look at cahill, every1 seemed to think he ll be no good but look at him now.

Hazard is a true winger, played most of his career on the wing. Played about 10 games behind the striker for Lille last season and now everyone thinks he's a CAM. I expect Hazard to be our left winger with Mata in the middle.