Victor Moses

Superblue

Yeah, I was just thinking we'd be lining up with Hazard on the right with Oscar in the middle and Mata on the left.

I hope we will use Oscar in the double pivot, and if we dont have any intentions of doing that, I really hope we'll buy someone creative to put there because if we cannot be effective in the buildup play and use quick counters, I doubt we will be as effective as we want to. We wont be like Barca who can pass around the ball comfortably, then passing messi who gets pass 2-3 defenders. We wont create those spaces in the other teams defense. We need to counter fast and have a smooth and quick buildup player, have a link between the defence and offence and deliver the ball upfront. We wont have that with lamsp and mikel.

I hope we will use Oscar in the double pivot, and if we dont have any intentions of doing that, I really hope we'll buy someone creative to put there because if we cannot be effective in the buildup play and use quick counters, I doubt we will be as effective as we want to. We wont be like Barca who can pass around the ball comfortably, then passing messi who gets pass 2-3 defenders. We wont create those spaces in the other teams defense. We need to counter fast and have a smooth and quick buildup player, have a link between the defence and offence and deliver the ball upfront. We wont have that with lamsp and mikel.

Exactly why I'm desperate for us to get Hulk. That way Oscar can play in Lampard's position deeper in midfield.

Rather than buying a striker and a RW, we'd be buying both in Hulk.

dont ever belittle the king like that again, look at his goal scoring record in the UCL, he was lights out almost every year, ESPECIALLY when we needed him minus the 2008 ucl final. He started of poorly in 08-09 but saved us with his hattrick against liverpool. Whenever we needed drogba he was there and if barca didnt pay off the refs in 09, he got us like 2-3 penalties. Didier will be the greatest striker to have played for this club.

I am not insulting him merely quoting statistics. You last sentence is open to dispute .. I saw Osgood .

Drogba scored many vital great goals but he wasnt God

Just get the feeling we're planning so far to the future that we're not focussing on players that can actually get the job done here and now. We're looking at great potential but maybe we're looking to develop them over a 3 year period without winning anything and then in 4 years time, we'll challenge. I like Moses a lot, as i like Hazard, Marin, Romeu, Lukaku, Oscar etc but we're not gonna win much with so much inexperience and youth in the team.

Just seems to me like this is Robbies team to develop for 2 years then Guardiola to finish it off.

HEY HEY HEY lets not do the whole '' you don't win anything with kids'' again. :D

I think the EPL is a bit different to what is was in '93 lol. It will be very difficult to think we can win such a league full of players under 23 years old. Especially going to Old Trafford, Anfield, Emirates etc. I can actually see us being the best team in the world, honestly but we might go 3 years without any trophies first.

I think the EPL is a bit different to what is was in '93 lol. It will be very difficult to think we can win such a league full of players under 23 years old. Especially going to Old Trafford, Anfield, Emirates etc. I can actually see us being the best team in the world, honestly but we might go 3 years without any trophies first.

agree BUT in April I was CERTAIN we wouldnt win a trophy...

i don`t mind the wait if it comes to it( waited 21 years to see Chelsea win a major domestic trophy) tho i wouldn`t want to be a mod on here during that time. but i think RDM will atleast give them a chance to show they are good enough.

I don't understand it. We need a goal scorer? It's not like we have a team that creates lots and lots of chances only for whoever's playing upfront to miss the majority of them.

What we need, is to sort out the way we play. We need that more than anything else. If we can get the tactics, the movement and the mechanics of the side right THEN we can judge whether we need a goal scorer or not. IMO, even the most potent goalscoring striker wouldn't maximise his goal return with the way we currently play.

Buying a goal scorer is not going to solve the fact that we can't even get the ball to the goal scorer enough times.

Drogba, Torres and Sturridge are goal scorers by nature. If we couldn't get them guys to score a lot of goals last season then the problem is clearly not eridicated by simply buying another goal scorer.

We need to build a squad that'll allow us to tackle different problems and different situations. Signing Victor Moses, who's available at a decent price, would certainly help towards that.

That doesn't make sense to me. Of course we need to get our tactics right, especially with all the new recruits. But that takes time to happen. The transfer window shuts on August 31st so if we aren't playing well it might be too late. The fact is that we have lost our best striker in Drogba, and another frustrating, but handy, striker in Kalou. All the top clubs have at least 3 strikers capable of playing every week against the other top sides.

With a shaky Torres, unproven centre forward in Sturridge and a young but very raw Lukaku (who may be going out on loan), we don't look the most well equipped in the striker department. Having one added striker would provide a more complete squad and then hopefully, after a few months of playing together, our team will start to gel and we will be seeing some good attacking football.

What we need, is to sort out the way we play. We need that more than anything else. If we can get the tactics, the movement and the mechanics of the side right THEN we can judge whether we need a goal scorer or not. IMO, even the most potent goalscoring striker wouldn't maximise his goal return with the way we currently play.

I totally agree, less supply means less goals for the "strikers". I think we need to buy Messi if we continued playing like the way we played against Brighton.

That doesn't make sense to me. Of course we need to get our tactics right, especially with all the new recruits. But that takes time to happen. The transfer window shuts on August 31st so if we aren't playing well it might be too late. The fact is that we have lost our best striker in Drogba, and another frustrating, but handy, striker in Kalou. All the top clubs have at least 3 strikers capable of playing every week against the other top sides.

Exactly my point. How is getting a goal scorer going to eradicate that fact that we aren't playing well? If we're really desperate for a striker we can get one in January, simple. No doubt people wouldn't be saying that we need another striker if we had the option of Falcao, Sturridge and Lukaku.

That's a reasonable proposition, but to have 4 strikers for 1 position seems absurd to me. Man Utd and Man City have the luxury of have 3/4 good strikers due to the fact that they play with 2 strikers more often than not. We don't, and we haven't for years.

With a shaky Torres, unproven centre forward in Sturridge and a young but very raw Lukaku (who may be going out on loan), we don't look the most well equipped in the striker department. Having one added striker would provide a more complete squad and then hopefully, after a few months of playing together, our team will start to gel and we will be seeing some good attacking football.

Torres hasn't been shaky for a while now. Since RDM has taken over, Fernando's been top scorer under Di Matteo plus he's won the golden boot at the Euros. He truly isn't as shaky as people are making him out to be.

Sturridge isn't unproven to me either. The season before last he went to Bolton and became their top scorer for the period of time he was there. He came back to CFC and out scored both Drogba and Torres in the league whilst playing out of his natural position. To me that indicates he's more than ready to step in if Torres isn't producing.

The only unproven one out of the three is Lukaku but I have a slight feeling the club might just keep him as the third choice striker.

Again, I truly believe that the pressing problem is more with how we play rather than needing another goal scorer. Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku are good enough for me providing they all have a decent season. I don't see the use of purchasing a fourth striker, as even if we do send out Lukaku on loan, when he comes back we'd still have 4 strikers for one position.

I don't mind waiting either, we've won it all now, this last decade has been unbelievable. Lets rebuild and start again. But this time, let's rebuild to new levels than what we have achieved since 2003. I understand lots here will be impatient but as the saying goes.... good things come to those who wait.

I don't mind waiting either, we've won it all now, this last decade has been unbelievable. Lets rebuild and start again. But this time, let's rebuild to new levels than what we have achieved since 2003. I understand lots here will be impatient but as the saying goes.... good things come to those who wait.

what you have posted needs constantly bumping ,,,We have achieved ALL the short term targets . Now to build for the future.

Yep agree with this. I always maintained that winning the Champions League would allow me to effectively 'die a happy man tomorrow' as far as Chelsea was concerned. I'm much more relaxed now about giving Chelsea time and patience on my behalf to rebuild. As long as we continue to stay competitive, and re-establish ourselves in the top four over that time.

Moses would be a good buy. If Mata, Hazard and Oscar represent our strongest attack, Marin and Moses would provide two excellent and different options. Both positive, happy to stay wide and stretch teams and will give the side a different 'spin' if the others aren't working. However Moses definately can't play striker unless we're planning to play that false number 9 shite, so I feel we would still need a new striker, with or without Lukaku.

So Whelan confirms Moses wants to join us and he will not stand in his way, good for him. This signifies to me RDM will not buy a striker until January if not the whole season and therefore we will see Sturridge more centrally this season and Moses perhaps replacing him on the wings. Hope he will turn out to be a success here if the move finalises. As he develops he can have the full package if he lives up to it, pace, trickery, strength and hopefully more goals

Why? We're probably still working hard to bring in a top class striker as we won't go into the season with Torres, Sturridge and Moses as CF's when two of them have never even played as a lone striker before. Moses will be a very good and clever signing though