Victor Moses

Superblue

the current decision makers at CFC have earned my trust. i quite like Moses but if i didn`t i`d support the move.they are paid to do their jobs and they are doing it well.

if we were to decide who Chelsea bought we wouldn`t have ended up with Ramires(because he was too costly) Luiz(because we didn`t need him) Cahill (because he wasn`t Chelsea standard) and PVA would have stayed and Bertrand sold. i wasn`t against any of those moves but the majority of posters were at the time. it won`t hurt to just let the club decide as in the last couple of years they have been proven to be better decision makers than us as a whole.

Just get the feeling we're planning so far to the future that we're not focussing on players that can actually get the job done here and now. We're looking at great potential but maybe we're looking to develop them over a 3 year period without winning anything and then in 4 years time, we'll challenge. I like Moses a lot, as i like Hazard, Marin, Romeu, Lukaku, Oscar etc but we're not gonna win much with so much inexperience and youth in the team.

Just seems to me like this is Robbies team to develop for 2 years then Guardiola to finish it off.

Yeah, because we're going to get a DM who's so much better than Mikel and Romeu for £10m.

I swear you're the catalyst to every thread spiralling into a Mikel debate.

Regardless, Moses for £8m-£10m would be a decent deal for a good squad player. He won't be expected to start, but at least we'd have a proper option on the right side of attack, something we're still sort of missing.

Shut up you idiot, just because i said get a DM instead doesn't mean get a DM for the same price as Moses.

Instead we can save a crappy 10 million, and put that towards another 7 or 8 and buy a DM.

Oh and don't like me?, put me on ignore list :)

Shut up you idiot, just because i said get a DM instead doesn't mean get a DM for the same price as Moses.

Instead we can save a crappy 10 million, and put that towards another 7 or 8 and buy a DM.

Don't like me?, put me on ignore list :)

Watch who you're calling idiot.

It's not that I don't like you. I don't know you. What I don't like is how you feel the need to insult everyone.

It's obvious you can't have a good constructive debate. Didn't know the forum had the block feature enabled, so I will be doing that. It'll definitely enhance my forum experience. Have a good day.

Just get the feeling we're planning so far to the future that we're not focussing on players that can actually get the job done here and now. We're looking at great potential but maybe we're looking to develop them over a 3 year period without winning anything and then in 4 years time, we'll challenge. I like Moses a lot, as i like Hazard, Marin, Romeu, Lukaku, Oscar etc but we're not gonna win much with so much inexperience and youth in the team.

Just seems to me like this is Robbies team to develop for 2 years then Guardiola to finish it off.

This is my exact feeling and fear myself.

The moves we've made are great for the long term, but I think the experience and proven goal scoring that Drogba brought will be seriously missed if we don't bring someone in who no matter what, puts the ball in the back of the net i.e Falcao.

We don't want to contract the Arsenal disease where we have all the potential but don't end up winning anything in the end. We're going in the right direction and it'll take time, but we just need one MAJOR piece to complete the team.

This is my exact feeling and fear myself.

The moves we've made are great for the long term, but I think the experience and proven goal scoring that Drogba brought will be seriously missed if we don't bring someone in who no matter what, puts the ball in the back of the net i.e Falcao.

We don't want to contract the Arsenal disease where we have all the potential but don't end up winning anything in the end. We're going in the right direction and it'll take time, but we just need one MAJOR piece to complete the team.

Didier was with us for Eight seasons ...in only 2 he scored more than 16 in a season

So you guys don't have any worries that the Moses situation will mirror Lukaku's? A player very excited to come to Chelsea expecting to play a lot, but getting frustrated later when he realizes its not what he thought it would be. Will he really be happy not playing all the time?

So you guys don't have any worries that the Moses situation will mirror Lukaku's? A player very excited to come to Chelsea expecting to play a lot, but getting frustrated later when he realizes its not what he thought it would be. Will he really be happy not playing all the time?

Not the same situation at all, not even close. With Lukaku he was competing with Drogba and a 50m signing. Who is Moses competing with? We havent got any RW:

Good price but we need someone who will be good enough to start in the first 11.

I agree. Moses will give us a good alternative option on the right though. He'd be great for squad depth. We need to build a good starting XI, but it's also important to build a good squad.

I see where you're coming from but I don't think the Arsenal situation is really comparable. The players we signed e.g. Oscar and Hazard were brought in to have an immediate impact on the first team. That's why they were so expensive. Someone like Hazard has great experience already too. I'd be as concerned as you were if we went on to sign the Songs, Djourous, Walcotts etc. (players who haven't established themselves at all, even in their national team) but that's not the case at all with us.

Arsenal believed more in buying players for obscure fees, who they could then develop into good players, not world class ones. They've had cases when these players have gone on to be world class (Fabregas, RVP) but that's the exception rather than the norm. We've bought the next superstars. They buy players with decent potential. The nuclei of our squad is still strong, we've still got the likes of Cech, Ivanovic, JT, Ashley Cole, Essien, Lampard, Mikel, Malouda and Torres who've all got bags and bags of experience. Arsenal didn't really have that.

I personally really like the way the squad's being shaped up. We're signing a mixture of potential (Romeu, Moses?, KDB, Courtois) and pretty established talent (Hazard, Oscar, Marin, Ramires, Luiz). We only need a couple more signings and we'd truly have a complete squad.

Not the same situation at all, not even close. With Lukaku he was competing with Drogba and a 50m signing. Who is Moses competing with? We havent got any RW:

Yeah, I was just thinking we'd be lining up with Hazard on the right with Oscar in the middle and Mata on the left.

Didier was with us for Eight seasons ...in only 2 he scored more than 16 in a season

dont ever belittle the king like that again, look at his goal scoring record in the UCL, he was lights out almost every year, ESPECIALLY when we needed him minus the 2008 ucl final. He started of poorly in 08-09 but saved us with his hattrick against liverpool. Whenever we needed drogba he was there and if barca didnt pay off the refs in 09, he got us like 2-3 penalties. Didier will be the greatest striker to have played for this club.