BlueLion.
Followers 3

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This an insult to not only Willian but Football in general. To make the statement that Moses is on the same level as Willian is as ridiculous as it gets. Willian is a top player. I'm not exaggrating w

My MOTM. See what faith in a player and a manager willing to try things does? Conte deserves immense credit for this.

Jamie Redknapp on Victor Moses: "It's nice to see a young English talent getting a chance". Moses has 24 caps for Nigeria and is nearly 26 lol 

Posted Images

Jose will love him. Direct and pacey, remember Arjen Robben (before he turned into a greedy let me shoot every time winger)?

Think Moses will be more like SWP here in terms of his role in the team.

Not saying Moses is useless or anything like that. A good squad player to have (can't expect to have the Hazards, Matas quality sitting on the bench as backups) and one that will play an important role for us throughout the season.

Edited by BluesMaster
  • Like 2

He's our only pure winger, so tactically, he provides something that none of our other players provide. I am confident he'll get game time next season.

Depends on your vision of a pure winger, but I don't agree with that statement. I think Hazard is a natural winger, but it might be debatable as many people believe he excels in the number 10 role. Also when he is playing alongside Mata and Oscar they don't play strictly in their positions and regularly switch their places. And what about Schurrle? Now, tbh, I haven't seen that much of him, but he seems like a better, faster version of Moses with better finishing and long shots that provides some direct attacking approach from the wing. That being said I agree with the part that he still can bring his fair share of contribution to our squad and I'd like him to stay.

Depends on your vision of a pure winger, but I don't agree with that statement. I think Hazard is a natural winger, but it might be debatable as many people believe he excels in the number 10 role. Also when he is playing alongside Mata and Oscar they don't play strictly in their positions and regularly switch their places. And what about Schurrle? Now, tbh, I haven't seen that much of him, but he seems like a better, faster version of Moses with better finishing and long shots that provides some direct attacking approach from the wing. That being said I agree with the part that he still can bring his fair share of contribution to our squad and I'd like him to stay.

What I meant with "pure winger" is someone who hugs the touch the line and constantly sends in crosses into the box (not to mention that Moses is our best winger at tracking back and defending). All of our other options for the wings like to cut inside or make off the ball runs into the box which makes our attack narrow and that could be a problem, especially against teams that pack the box with defenders.

• Like 1

What I meant with "pure winger" is someone who hugs the touch the line and constantly sends in crosses into the box (not to mention that Moses is our best winger at tracking back and defending). All of our other options for the wings like to cut inside or make off the ball runs into the box which makes our attack narrow and that could be a problem, especially against teams that pack the box with defenders.

exactly what I'm thinking .. And I always call it "pure winger" too!

I think we should sell him before his price goes down. Don't think he will get many chances due to new signings.

Right...Lets sell one of our only two genuine options on the right and weaken the squad depth... :doh:

• Like 1

Whether he is a pure winger or not. Moses is a surplus.

If Chelsea can get 9m for him, let him go.

Amusing. People here complaining about Moses and saying we should sell him have a short term memory and only focusing on his post-AFCON form, forgetting that before it, he did very well for us.

It's clear that some people just don't understand the concept of squad depth and having options in the team. Can't bloody expect to have the quality of Mata, Oscar, Hazard sitting on the bench being the 2nd/3rd choice! Moses is more than decent to have as an option and come in to do a job if/when needed.

• Like 3

united squad - valencia, young, nani, kagawa + giggs to play on the wings

bayern squad - ribery, robben, shaqiri, muller

chelsea squad - hazard, schurlle, moses to play on the wings.

how exactly is he surplus??? we need to be competing for PL , fa, coc and atleast hope to reach quarter/semi of CL, and for that we need depth which this guy provides wonderfully. selling him would be a BIG MISTAKE. we were lucky that none of the MAZACAR were injured last season and should go into this season prepared for any catastrophe.

• Like 1

Our rotation options were very thin last season and caused our main AM options to be worked to death. Since then we have got rid of Benayoun and Marin and only brought Shirley in. And you think Jose will sell Moses now? :blink:

Here's a helpful hint that was underlined in the signing of Schwarzer last night: The media know nothing about transfers until after they happen. You are completely wasting your time on rumors. The media is using you and making fools of you so they can sell some papers.

Yours truly,

Nour

• Like 3

Amusing. People here complaining about Moses and saying we should sell him have a short term memory and only focusing on his post-AFCON form, forgetting that before it, he did very well for us.

It's clear that some people just don't understand the concept of squad depth and having options in the team. Can't bloody expect to have the quality of Mata, Oscar, Hazard sitting on the bench being the 2nd/3rd choice! Moses is more than decent to have as an option and come in to do a job if/when needed.

According to the latest report, Moses might be going...Moses was decent in Africa. At Chelsea afterwards, not much there.

I am well aware of the squad´s depth. I certainly, do not want to see the thin squad as last season.

Whether, Moses can do the job and come in, well, who knows ?

Here's a helpful hint that was underlined in the signing of Schwarzer last night: The media know nothing about transfers until after they happen. You are completely wasting your time on rumors. The media is using you and making fools of you so they can sell some papers.

Yours truly,

Nour

Not sure how much i agree here. There was talk of van Ginkel and Schurrle deals long before they were completed (BBC and Guardian reported)

- Post not about Moses but your general dis-trust of the media

• Like 1

Cahill, Terry, Cole, Bertrand, Lampard and Moses being the 6 HG players, if the club sells Moses, they'd have to leave 3 spaces in the squad for the up-coming season. So only 22 eligible players can be selected. Not a good decision to sell Moses at all

• Like 1

good squad player , has his strengths but doesnt really have the intelligence required to manage his strengths.

He has the shot, the speed, ability to dribble and turn.but cant use them all at the same time for some odd reason.

Cahill, Terry, Cole, Bertrand, Lampard and Moses being the 6 HG players, if the club sells Moses, they'd have to leave 3 spaces in the squad for the up-coming season. So only 22 eligible players can be selected. Not a good decision to sell Moses at all

Has Hutchinson been loaned out again? He potentially makes it 7.