César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

On 24 August 2012, Chelsea completed the signing of Azpilicueta for an undisclosed fee, reported as £7 million. According to his teammate and countryman Juan Mata, "He is a strong running right-back who has pace as well, so I think he is already a complete player." Upon arriving in England, his new teammates started calling him 'Dave' in referance to the British comedy only fools and horses, as they could not pronounce his name.

Azpilicueta made his debut on 25 September 2012, starting in a 6–0 home win against Wolverhampton Wanderers for the season's Football League Cup. He played his first Premier League game the following week, coming on as a substitute for Branislav Ivanović in a 4–1 success over Norwich City, also at Stamford Bridge.

On 3 November 2012 Azpilicueta made his first league start, appearing against Swansea City in a 1–1 away draw. He played 48 official contests in his first year with the Rafael Benítez-led side, including eight in the Blues' victorious campaign in the UEFA Europa League: in the final against S.L. Benfica his 67th-minute handball led to Óscar Cardozo's penalty kick equalizer, in an eventual 2–1 win in Amsterdam.

Click here to view the record

This one has been dragging for a while, finally pleased this has been done and for £6m is a absolute bargain.

We might see a dramatically improved display from Ivanovic against Leti now, i do wonder when he will be given his debut (is he doesn't feature in Monaco)? I can't see him being thrown in against QPR away off all places, maybe the first Champions League match?

This one has been dragging for a while, finally pleased this has been done and for £6m is a absolute bargain.

We might see a dramatically improved display from Ivanovic against Leti now, i do wonder when he will be given his debut (is he doesn't feature in Monaco)? I can't see him being thrown in against QPR away off all places, maybe the first Champions League match?

Can't see him starting at QPR but can in the Champions League?? C'mon. We're talking about Loftus Road here, not Camp Nou or Old Trafford. Hardly a daunting place. ;)

And mind you, he made his La Liga debut with Osasuna at the Bernabeu when he was 18 only.

Can't see him starting at QPR but can in the Champions League?? C'mon. We're talking about Loftus Road here, not Camp Nou or Old Trafford. Hardly a daunting place. ;)

And mind you, he made his La Liga debut with Osasuna at the Bernabeu when he was 18 only.

More to do with the fact that QPR make his hostile for us, Mata got a bit of a harsh introduction to Premier League football at that place.

I say the CL because he has experience in the competition and our first match is usually at home against a side we should on paper do ok against.

I have a hunch that he will come in the last 30-20 minutes of the second half in the Super Cup if we're leading comfortably. He has to start for the QPR game if he doesn't show up in the SC.. Besides, RDM has shown that he's ready to rotate this season and knows how to use the players whichever ''status'' they have, Meireles & Bertrand being great examples.

More to do with the fact that QPR make his hostile for us, Mata got a bit of a harsh introduction to Premier League football at that place.

Did he? All I remember was QPR hardly had to do anything in the game at all as Chris Foy pretty much helped them got the 3 points.

Even then though, I'm sure Azpilicueta can handle that physical challenges. Hazard did it.

Really excited by this guy. The balance we will have in our side will be phenomenal. I hate seeing Ivanovic and Ramires paired up on the right because there is almost no width to our play. With Moses and Azpi we will have genuine wide delivery for Torres, at long, long last.