César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Haha...it's obvious you haven't followed Chelsea in the transfer market for long...

you see...we only admit there is real interestet when we are already negotiating with the player and even the birds know it. He is being followed closely for sure.

Hey I finally notice what you said!

"We have received a bid from Chelsea for Willian valued at €20million, but he is not for sale," confirmed Palkin.

This come after AVB said we where not interested in him and no cup tied players.

What a bunch of liars....but I like it as it throws all of us of....well not you since you figure out the scheme! :P

• 1 month later...

Thought he played very well last night for Marseille against Inter. Offer some attacking threats forward and has a decent shot in him as well. Unleashed two good half volleys and more importantly, he was very solid defensively. For the quoted 12m price in the January transfer window, we should definitely go get him! One of the better RBs around and it's look worthy for the price mentioned! Will certainly suit AVB's style of play better than Ivanovic and Bosingwa.

Him and Ayew. I think I saw Ayew's last shot with left foot in my dream.. it was that good. And then he scored from corner with head, while being one of the shortest men on the pitch. And most important of all - he showed desire, both of them did. They aren't also megastars and would be available for a fair price. Bring em in.

I was talking about both, actually. Ayew and Azpilicueta.

I remember wanting one of the Ayew brother after the world cup and never got him.

We have not gotten some African player in a long time. Would be great if we can get one like Ayew, but in this case i think Cesar is more vital to get due to lack of quality we got as RB!

• 3 months later...

I've searched for news about him and I found a couple of recent "articles" that mentioned his name as a Chelsea target.. I honestly don't know which would be a better signing between him and Van der Wiel.

I've searched for news about him and I found a couple of recent "articles" that mentioned his name as a Chelsea target.. I honestly don't know which will be a better signing between him and Van der Wiel.

Azpilicueta. Much better RB than Van der Wiel and crucially, more solid defensively than the latter. Furthermore, Azpilicueta will not feel out of place if he comes here since we already have 3 Spanish players at the club.

I think the best case scenario is that by the end of the transfer window we would have both Ivanovic and Azpilicueta in the squad while Real Madrid have Van der Wiel... I wouldn't mind having Van der Wiel but the most important thing is to keep Branislav.

I didn't know anything about this guy until AVB confirmed his interest in the player so probably its best if we still continue to scout for other options.

So because you do not know anything about Azpilicueta, we should be scouting for others instead?? :carlo:

So because you do not know anything about Azpilicueta, we should be scouting for others instead?? :carlo:

Lol no,I am just saying that Cesar became a right back option under AVB as he had a good eye for talent.I am sure there might be better options out there that we may not be aware of and so therefore we should not get too hasty.

Lol no,I am just saying that Cesar became a right back option under AVB as he had a good eye for talent.I am sure there might be better options out there that we may not be aware of and so therefore we should not get too hasty.

Thought so. :P

Unfortunately, there are hardly many quality right backs out there these days but Azpilicueta is one of them and he's only 23 too. If we get a chance to snap him up, we should do it ASAP.