César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

I trust this french site (laprovence). Think L'Equipe and others will soon pick up on their story. Deal is indeed almost done, waiting for personal terms and minor details to be agreed.

Cesar is a player that will contribute to the team, a piece of puzzle that we've been missing. He'll provide something different, something that Branislav is maybe not able to do but they'll rotate on regular basis and I think it'll be just fine. Sam to be loaned to Forest for a year. B) This is turning out to be an amazing transfer window but we need patience with our new team. I'm optimistic, good things (by that I mean trophies) will happen for this club in the future. KTBFFH !

But then we'll have to accommodate all of Ivanovic, Hutch, Kane & Azpilicueta? Because Kane will be, in a few years, old enough to start breaking into the team; Hutchinson will be old enough to be a starter and Ivanovic will be around 30... Then I suppose we can sell Ivanovic for a good amount of money and Hutchinson can rotate between RB/CB.

It would be best if we don't have any expectations for Hutchinson. He might become a good 2nd choice RB one day but with his injuries, it's still a long shot that he can make it here.

Kane too has a lot of work ahead. Let's not overrate our youngsters as we've been doing over the years.

If it happens, great. But with these sorts of things, like I said, it's better not to have expectations.

Any young player has to eventually earn their spot in the team, if we have 4 right backs jostling for position then the 2 best will be kept around and the other 2 will be moved on. Todd Kane is some way off breaking into a first team squad place. Captain of the U21's this season and then a possible loan for next season and beyond.

I trust this french site (laprovence). Think L'Equipe and others will soon pick up on their story. Deal is indeed almost done, waiting for personal terms and minor details to be agreed.

Cesar is a player that will contribute to the team, a piece of puzzle that we've been missing. He'll provide something different, something that Branislav is maybe not able to do but they'll rotate on regular basis and I think it'll be just fine. Sam to be loaned to Forest for a year. B) This is turning out to be an amazing transfer window but we need patience with our new team. I'm optimistic, good things (by that I mean trophies) will happen for this club in the future. KTBFFH !

What is the something different he provides?

What is the something different he provides?

An attacking force, balance between right and left side and if we add him a good partner on the right wing then it won't be disharmony in our play. I think at this moment Lamps and other midfield players feel more confident when Ash and Hazard get the ball, rather than Bane and Rami. I did not mean he is a game changer or anything like that, just a very good adition. Smart thinking from the board and Robbie.

We wouldn't have let Hutchinson go on loan to Forest had the club not been confident of landing Cesar in the very imminent future.

True but this is Chelsea we're talking about. Always seem to have a tendency to mess things up especially the simple ones.

Would probably be better to get Azpilicueta in first before letting Hutchinson go out on loan.

<p>

<br />

True but this is Chelsea we're talking about. Always seem to have a tendency to mess things up especially the simple ones.<br />

<br />

Would probably be better to get Azpilicueta in first before letting Hutchinson go out on loan.<br />

<br />

<br />

</p>

Its official for Hutch , so it is for Azpi ; Chelsea cannot loan his last RB without agreeing terms with Marseille.

Sorry for my English

An attacking force, balance between right and left side and if we add him a good partner on the right wing then it won't be disharmony in our play. I think at this moment Lamps and other midfield players feel more confident when Ash and Hazard get the ball, rather than Bane and Rami. I did not mean he is a game changer or anything like that, just a very good adition. Smart thinking from the board and Robbie.

He is not very attacking in the games I've watched, less attacking than Ivanovic. He is a solid defender and he keeps it simple when in possession. He doesn't dribble past players or put in many crosses. Maybe it's just the games I watched...

He is not very attacking in the games I've watched, less attacking than Ivanovic. He is a solid defender and he keeps it simple when in possession. He doesn't dribble past players or put in many crosses. Maybe it's just the games I watched...

I agree with the highlighted part from the little i have seen... Tbh a solid defender who keeps it simple in possesion is often an underated quality and one that shouldn't be seen as a negative... Ideally we want him to be the right footed ashley cole but we have to be realistic and providing he can provide us some width on that right hand side then he can be very useful for us. Also i don't think he will be first choice. not this season anyway, so a signing who won't be anywhere near as popular or publicesed as our big name ones but can do a job for us when required.