César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Agreed! Also it frustrates me when people say "no one goes past Brana". There are countless examples of poor defending by Ivanovic where he didn't follow the winger properly. One example of the top of my head would be Utd's 3rd goal in the 3-3 draw at the Bridge last season. That was just pathetic defending. I know every defender has shit moments but Brana is over-rated by some in my opinion. He's been superb for us overall with his determination, heart & countless important goals but purely as a defender he is replaceable

Totally agree. He almost refuses to close down the winger. It is more frustrating to see that than it was to see Bosingwa fail in a tackle - at least Boss tried to make a block on most occasions.

Speaking of Kakuta, sell him to Marseille and buy Ayew. Very good Winger and not another playmaker. Also good with head, scored vs Inter in last CL season. Much better than Moses right now and cheper than Hulk. Ready for first team and since we lost Drogba and Kalou, another African player would be nice.

Whats very imoortant he is hard worker unlike Mata, Hazard or Marin who are more flair players.

Speaking of Kakuta, sell him to Marseille and buy Ayew. Very good Winger and not another playmaker. Also good with head, scored vs Inter in last CL season. Much better than Moses right now and cheper than Hulk.

Ayew's more like a Mata cross Malouda than a real pure winger. Since my mum's Ghanaian I've followed him from an early age, he really isn't a pure winger IMO. He plays on the LHS as well so he's not really an alternative to Hulk.

Well done Chelsea.

I was getting a bit afraid with Maicon, but it shows you guys are doing great business in bringing in a younger squad.

Just like every young player we bought, I don't expect them to hit the ground running this season. I mean look at Ramires, took him almost a season to get his feet right.

I agree Justin. Plus, I don't think he'll play often enough to be given the chance to develop. I think he and Ivanovic will share right-back responsibilities, in the same way Wayne Bridge and Cole alternated under Mourinho in 2006/07:

2006/07

Bridge - 32 (27+5 sub) appearances (22 (17+5 sub) in Premier League)

Cole - 41 (38+3 sub) appearances (23 (21+2 sub) in Premier League)

Both players were excellent that season, and a bit of competition will bring the best out of both. It was the same in 09/10 when Ancelotti threatened Ivanovic's place in the side by regularly starting Belletti.

Speaking of Kakuta, sell him to Marseille and buy Ayew. Very good Winger and not another playmaker. Also good with head, scored vs Inter in last CL season. Much better than Moses right now and cheper than Hulk. Ready for first team and since we lost Drogba and Kalou, another African player would be nice.

Whats very imoortant he is hard worker unlike Mata, Hazard or Marin who are more flair players.

you dont rate Mata as a hard worker. He worked his balls off last year. Check his stats for distance covered.

Ayew's more like a Mata cross Malouda than a real pure winger. Since my mum's Ghanaian I've followed him from an early age, he really isn't a pure winger IMO. He plays on the LHS as well so he's not really an alternative to Hulk.

Ayew's basically Malouda Jr. really, talking about back when Flo was a quality player. Very similar players.

Think this will turn out to be a good buy. And when facing teams who'll just sit back, we simply use him at RB due to his superior offensive game compared to Bran.

Terrific of true. Young, ambitious players who fit the model of what we are looking for. Practically everyone here wanted Azpilicueta before the window opened, getting him and Moses on top of Hazard, Marin and Oscar would just be such a mind blowing transfer window and great work from Roman and the board.

Andre ayew and his brother Jordan are the future of marseille with n'koulou. they are very good player. Jordan ayew is young but he will be better than Andre.

If you have a question about marseille or French ligue You can ask me.