Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.
Followers 1

Luiz is one of the best passers, if not the best on the team. As far as a playmaker, hes also quite spectacular in that regard considering his position.

No he isn't. He's not even close. Luiz loves to get forward and he's very good for a defender with the ball at his feet, he's excellent at carrying the ball out of defence, and when his head is in the game he's a fine short passer, but he's not a great passer in the least and he's not a great shooter either. I wish people would stop pretending Luiz was secretly Iniesta because he makes a few very good runs a year. In fact, I would love for Luiz to stop his long passes as they are mostly poor and just turn the ball over needlessly. Luiz is at his best, by far, when he stays at home and plays a simplified game. When he does that, he's excellent because his quickness allows him to break up plays beautifully and quickly turn the play around into a counter-attack . When he tries to run around the pitch, he's a massive liability. (And please spare me the youtube video nonsense.)

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potential problem: Torres (apparently) called up for Spain friendly on Thursday, Sturridge out with a toe injury.

Don't forget England play Italy (forza italia) on Wednesday also, from what I heard watching the com. shield alot of England's main senior players are being called up. But as it has been said numerous times, totally f**king pointless having these friends after euro's, olympics and right before a new season.

Isnt it more important to be disciplined as CB? Isnt DM a position where one should be more offensive minded than as CB? You are talking as if the CB position is less important than DM.

Being discipline in DM is just as important as in CB. As a DM, you need to be discipline, breaking up the play and protect the back 4 and with Luiz sometimes already leaving the defence exposed thanks to his erratic defending and over complication with the ball, we don't need him to play as a DM. We have already seen numerous times of that when Mikel plays there.

And isnt the last thing we need in the double pivot MIkel+Lampard? Dont get me wrong, Luiz DM wont happen but when discussing it you at least have to look at it the right way.

I don't necessarily think there is anything majorly wrong with the double pivot of Mikel and Lampard. Problem is the approach. In certain games, both have often run and press too high up the pitch like headless chickens without regards to the amount of space they left behind. If one press, the other has to be stay back and protect the defence. Otherwise, the opposition will just have a clear run on our back 4.

Will Marin be available for the game? I don't know how serious his injury was.

Nothing on that so far. Was out with a hamstring injury against City but don't know how severe it is.

Exactly! If Luiz can't even stay discipline and keep his concentration at CB, how can he even fit in at DM?! Last thing that we need now is someone like Luiz playing there. With his unpredictable rashness, it will only leave us exposed even more at DM.

:clap:

Lampard really needs to be given a talk about his DM responsibilities. He needs to support Mikel more in that role and reduce the number of times he makes the exact same run as Torres.

Just my $0.02

Actually I'm very confident here, i think we can win this one 4-0 and have an impressive victory.

We can still get fucked on the counter attack though, i think it's wise to move Ramires into the double pivot instead of Lampard. And put Lampard CAM, let Mata come on later on in the game. I think we can badly wound the Wigan defence.

Bingo but Ramires instead of Mikel in midfield. its time to go dynamic. Mikel and Essien to be brought on when we want to hold onto a lead, not when we want to breakdown a stubborn defence

Wigan usually dont start off the season well, no jinx

after dodging relegation so many times they've built a mid-table type ability squad but are stuck with a "we ain eve po be here" type mentality

Chelsea win for me

I think we should start with a double pivot of Mikel and Ramires, because IMO this is the best against counter-attacking team. And if Marin is fit, of course he should play.

---------------Čech---------------

Ivan----Cahill---Terry-----Cole

---------Mikel---Ramires--------

---Marin-----Mata-----Hazard--

--------------Torres---------------

Bingo but Ramires instead of Mikel in midfield. its time to go dynamic. Mikel and Essien to be brought on when we want to hold onto a lead, not when we want to breakdown a stubborn defence

We have no choice, Ramires has really good defensive duties, unfortunately for him he will have to stay back a lot more.

Think we should "rest" Lampard, due to his involvement with England this week.

You could make the same argument for Torres then. Especially since he'll by flying back from Puerto Rico.