The General Football Thread

Melanicus

just had to post this because it came up in our media here. Over the top tackling here!! And this guy didn't even get a card or what?

Pure, pure disgrace.

Already posted it here, just seconds before you! :D

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/8808-worst-ever-foul/page-3#entry614938

Anyway, AWFUL challenge, one of the easiest decision about a red card and nothing...

Already posted it here, just seconds before you! :D

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/8808-worst-ever-foul/page-3#entry614938

Anyway, AWFUL challenge, one of the easiest decision about a red card and nothing...

ah same minds :-)

Fuck yes, what a dreadfull challenge. Unforgivable this one .... shit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Help.

I just found out that a huge part of my family is actually Dutch. More specifically, from Amsterdam. I have no idea how I've been ignorant to this. Anyway;-

I've always wanted to follow a Dutch team, and this just gives me yet another reason to, but only 2 have really interested me: Ajax & PSV. (Yes I know we have connections with Vitesse but they just don't do it for me. The moment Kalas is gone from that club I'll likely never watch a game of theirs.)

What attracts me about Ajax is my love for youth football (which they handle incredibly well), their consistency, their fan-base, their stadium, their website, the way they communicate with the fans, the fact that they usually get ex-players as part of the staff etc.

What turns me off Ajax is Cruyff mainly. One of the biggest dickheads in football and he seems to despise Chelsea which is obviously tricky for me considering how much influence he has at Ajax. Also, a bit like Barcelona, since the fans are used to success, vocal support even during home games vs. 'little' teams is incredibly weak.

PSV - Growing up, Ronaldo was my favourite player. Ronaldo and PSV is like what butter is to bread. My first ever football top was a signed PSV top with "Ronaldo" on the back of it which was given to me by my granddad. I prefer their current players over Ajax's, they're definitely less self-righteous when compared to Ajax, they seem to have a more 'loyal' fan-base and look like the more 'romantic' club since they'll have more ups-and-downs than Ajax.

I'll definitely have more of a chance going to Ajax games than PSV games considering it's looking likely that Amsterdam visits are going to become a regular thing for me.

The obvious answer is: "Go with your heart" or "Watch and see who you like more" but i've tried that process and it's not working. I can't "love" another club after Chelsea and I enjoy watching them both equally.

WHO SHOULD I FOLLOW!?

VERY SIMPLE- AJAX.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Manchester Utd vs Real Madrid...both with their old stars! :D

A very great opportunity to see some nice players, such as Zidane, Makelele, Figo, Van de Sar, Scholes, etc.

Manchester Utd vs Real Madrid...both with their old stars! :D

A very great opportunity to see some nice players, such as Zidane, Makelele, Figo, Van de Sar, Scholes, etc.

40 years old Makalele still better than our defensive midfielders...

• 1 month later...