Ligue Un Discussion Thread

BlueLion.

Bit of a contradiction, considering we haven't even given AVB his first chance (a full season) yet.

Half way through the season, and it looks like a season lost, plus if he gets sack, thats 15 mill you spend to fire Carlo, 13 mill to hire AVB and more to fire AVB and more to hire another coach, and on and on and on.

A big circus!

Half way through the season, and it looks like a season lost, plus if he gets sack, thats 15 mill you spend to fire Carlo, 13 mill to hire AVB and more to fire AVB and more to hire another coach, and on and on and on.

A big circus!

Which is why we've bought in a young manager who is here for the long-term to rebuild the squad, to prevent this pattern repeating itself.

Which is why we've bought in a young manager who is here for the long-term to rebuild the squad, to prevent this pattern repeating itself.

So you don't think he will get sack even if he fails to bring Chelsea to a top 4 spot this season?

Cause I for one do hope they keep AVB. He might not have been my first choice, but all these firing managers is costing us so much money.

We can't keep doing the same stuff over and over again, especially with FFP rule starting to take effect.

That money that you pay for sacking and hiring, is more vital to be used in players!

So you don't think he will get sack even if he fails to bring Chelsea to a top 4 spot this season?

Cause I for one do hope they keep AVB. He might not have been my first choice, but all these firing managers is costing us so much money.

We can't keep doing the same stuff over and over again, especially with FFP rule starting to take effect.

That money that you pay for sacking and hiring, is more vital to be used in players!

Not that I don't put anything past this board of ours, but i'd be extremely surprised if AVB wasn't in charge next season.

I miss Carlo, he should have been giving a second chance to prove himself instead of wasting a season with AVB. Dam you stupid board!

You are too nice, mate, you want to give chance to everybody, Torres, now Ancelotti... Sacking Ancelotti was spot on. With Ancelotti as manager this season, the present wouldn't have been better than with André, and the future... Well, there wouldn't have had any future with the italian, he would have done purchases à la Benayoun, and we would be in a mess for a long long time.

You are too nice, mate, you want to give chance to everybody, Torres, now Ancelotti... Sacking Ancelotti was spot on. With Ancelotti as manager this season, the present wouldn't have been better than with André, and the future... Well, there wouldn't have had any future with the italian, he would have done purchases à la Benayoun, and we would be in a mess for a long long time.

Torres should at least be giving another year. His first full year it was bad. So was the same for Berba at United.

Now I still think AVB should buy someone like Higuian, or Cavani just in case, but we should wait till next year to see if we can get something out of Torres.

If he has not done nothing good next year then sell him or loan him.

And last I don't think it was that bad with Carlo transfer. Yossi aside a lot of transfer where good.

Every manager has made some bad transfer here and there. AVB recently with Meireles...

Torres should at least be giving another year. His first full year it was bad. So was the same for Berba at United.

Now I still think AVB should buy someone like Higuian, or Cavani just in case, but we should wait till next year to see if we can get something out of Torres.

If he has not done nothing good next year then sell him or loan him.

And last I don't think it was that bad with Carlo transfer. Yossi aside a lot of transfer where good.

Every manager has made some bad transfer here and there. AVB recently with Meireles...

We aren't in a situation where we can afford to give the Ladyboy another year. If Manu could have done it with Berbaflop, that is because aside him, all the players and the team were good. This isn't the case at Chelsea, we have many positions on the field to improve, whose the striker's one, hence we do not have time to waste with a soon 28 years-old strieker who can't score to save his life. Even if he captures back some form next year, he isn't a long term solution, and we are trying to build something for the long term, thus we shouldn't waste time with someone who could be usefull for maximum two years. Plus we are paying him 150 000 fucking pounds per week, we aren't a charity association, we should rather give this wage to Hazard and Willian (I name these two players since we are strongly linked with them).

All in all, we have to get rid of this Ladyboy, he is a poison.

As for Ancelotti, I am not agree with you. The kind of players he likes doesn't suit the politic of our club. At Milan when Ancelotti came here, they've found themselves with a team full of grandpas. The same would inexorably have happened with us.

We aren't in a situation where we can afford to give the Ladyboy another year. If Manu could have done it with Berbaflop, that is because aside him, all the players and the team were good. This isn't the case at Chelsea, we have many positions on the field to improve, whose the striker's one, hence we do not have time to waste with a soon 28 years-old strieker who can't score to save his life. Even if he captures back some form next year, he isn't a long term solution, and we are trying to build something for the long term, thus we shouldn't waste time with someone who could be usefull for maximum two years. Plus we are paying him 150 000 fucking pounds per week, we aren't a charity association, we should rather give this wage to Hazard and Willian (I name these two players since we are strongly linked with them).

All in all, we have to get rid of this Ladyboy, he is a poison.

As for Ancelotti, I am not agree with you. The kind of players he likes doesn't suit the politic of our club. At Milan when Ancelotti came here, they've found themselves with a team full of grandpas. The same would inexorably have happened with us.

That is a big statement!

But it is why I said we should still buy a Higuian or Cavani in the summer.

I sense that AVB like Higuian style more. Something similar to a Falcao but with more flair.....

And maybe you are right with Carlo policy. But if the club is doing all the buying as mention by a lot of people or recentr transfer like Lukaku and De Bruyne, why should that matter?

• 5 months later...

Good thread.

I wanted to see a thread for this team or the french league, since this is going to be an interesting time.

They got Carlo as coach, some good players and Chelsea ex player like Alex, overall a very intriguing team.

New money coming in to new teams makes it exciting, then instead of watching the same old boring teams dominate every time!

I think they're being stupid though. I'm not judging their spending, I'm questioning in who they're spending on. They've reinforced their attacking considerably, but now they've got too many foreign spots :lol:

They also don't look assured in their defensive capabilities too, Thiago Silva will go along way to correcting that.

Safe to say that if Carlo doesn't win the league title at the very least this season, he will be sacked at the end of it.

Tbf though, if he doesn't win the Ligue 1 title with THAT squad, he deserves to be sacked.

Which is one of the reasons I was hoping Malaga would be the club spending money on players. It would make La Liga a lot more tolerable with the Real/Barca monopoly broken up. However, I suppose the positive side to Malaga's destruction is that the Premier League will remain a powerhouse.

Doubt they come close to winning the CL. It's hard to integrate so many new players so quickly. How will they fit together? Who knows but it will likely take time. Think Man City from two seasons ago. They bought Silva, Balotelli, Ya Ya Toure, Dzeko, Milner, Kolerov, and Boatang. They only won the FA Cup. Even last season, City was clearly the most talented team on paper, they got lucky with virtually no serious injuries, and they still only won the league on goal differential and were knocked out early on from the CL 9And City had a better squad than PSG does). I expect PSG to easily win the French League because there's not a lot of competition there, but in Europe? Anyone can win (as we well know!) but I wouldn't be putting money on it. (They are also going to start out as a #3 or #4 seed so are going to get a tough group)

They won't win. They were pathetic in the Euro League last season and Zlatan is a known failure in the Champions League. Besides they will have minimal to no chemistry within the team and if they don't offload some players quick they are going to have quite a few unhappy campers.

New money coming in to new teams makes it exciting, then instead of watching the same old boring teams dominate every time!

You have to look on the flipside, PSG may just become that team that everyone is sick of winning all the time. In France, since Lyon's seven year period of domination ended there has been a different champion every season, I don't know about you but I believe the Ligue 1 was domestically (not European wise, they are faltering in that domain) healthier before PSG became P$G. In England Chelsea's cash injection was good for competiton seeing as every year it was Arsenal v Manchester United. But for the last five or so years the Ligue 1 was an oddball, no one could really judge who was going to win it, but with PSG miles ahead in terms of talent, I see a only grim days for every other club in the Ligue 1.

07-08 Lyon

08-09 Bordeaux

09-10 Marseille

10-11 Lille

11-12 Montepellier