Oscar

themightyblue

^ absolutely. What is even more enthusing is the fact RDM has the absolute financial backing of Abramovich. That was something I was fearful of; if RA had included a severance clause after 12 months, I was worried he wouldn't back him in the transfer market the same way he did for previous coaches. No problem here though, and I think another £50m is to be spent.

Oscar + £10m for a RB and we'll be done IMHO. And I'll be extremely happy. Malouda through the exit door too, of course.

No.

Even if we get to all of the finals that's 7 more games than last season. Who's going to sign up for 20 million to play 15 times a season?

Hey Capriccioso,

Ok, on paper the 'extra amount' of games might be negligble - but let's look at some facts:

1) We want to win the Super Cup + World Club Cup

2) We finished WAY behind the MANC teams last year

3) We DID lack depth and breadth of the squad

4) EVERYBODY will be trying to beat us - we are the Team with the 'bullseye' painted on, everybody wants to beat the European Champions... Every game will be like an FA Cup game...

All it takes are a few key injuries and our team looks very light.

Yes, nobody is going to come for just 10-15 games a season - but if we have a GREAT bench, we can make changes at 60+ minutes to change a game in our favour and end up taking maximum points.

This is where we need a GREAT SQUAD (note SQUAD not TEAM) :)

Man City proved last year, depth of squad is invaluable - we are doing the same, making sure we are covered for injuries/suspensions etc - whilst retaining the ability to change our 'game' mid-match with some explosive impact subs.

Please understand - not arguing with you - just giving you my opinion - as I have also claimed the number of games will be too much - hopefully taking into the account the factors above, you can see why I'm behind this signing. :) :) :)

This thread is about Oscar so how about we talk about Oscar?

What us this guy's shooting technique like, as in can he smack them in from distance like Lamps? I've seen him play for Brasil but never for Internacional.

Yes, i am spaniard, in what sport you want to win you? hahaha oh Brasil? where my granfather seems a crack, one of the weakest leagues of the world.

Sorry to go off-topic, but that's just ridiculous. You should watch some South American football before you make such comments. Brasilian football and South American football in general is very good. The talent already available and with the economy on the rise is enabling them to keep their brighter prospects and bring back former players to make the league even better. Of course, it's not as good as the EPL or the La Liga but it's still a very very good league.

Now back to Oscar, I'm assuming there will be confirmation after the Seattle game, at least I hope so.

The Blues are hopeful of securing a deal for the 20-year-old midfielder in the next 48 hours, but expect that the formalities and official announcement will have to wait until after the Olympics.

We need to stop with these "starting Xl" lineups for next season.

Their is no such thing as a first choice Xl any more, its a squad game these days, injury's and fatigue will mean any line up any of us draw out will probably be named 10 times a season if that.

Its a squad game these days.

It's a squad game, but we will have an ideal "starting lineup".