Oscar

themightyblue

I just read a post on WAGNH, and it's changed my perspective on him again. The fact he is constantly covering for Fabregas' defensive deficiencies when out of possession means that his end product is lost. Of course, at the moment he is in aa bad run of form, coincidentally while Willian is currently in a good run. Willian's pace means he can make up for these things, while Oscar...is not so quick. Which is fine. At previous clubs he's always had good visions for passes etc. Which leaves various possibilities open for his Chelsea career to further or terminate:

A:

We continue to move towards the Barcelona model of possession based football. This includes the possibilities of being left open to getting bullied off the ball by strength; ironically a common fixture in our historical midfields. This would include utilising a quick back 4; Azpi-Zouma-Terry/Varane/Stones-Luis will be the final solution for the next 2 or 3 seasons, Matic playing Busquets. Iniesta being Oscar in a new CM role for him, and him getting stronger too, which gives the luxury of time to pass that is afforded to Fabregas. Similarly he can use his vision to be "Xavi" in Fabregas' absence for whatever reason. This seems to me to be the direction we are beginning to move to as a team.

B:

The next option is that we bring in a more defensively competent midfielder. Such as RLC, Koke, the list goes on, with Oscar being able to be the true number 10 he is for Brazil and his old club and he is the one who provides the incisive passes.

C:

We lobby the Premier League to clamp down on physicality, with the Spanish league the model for this. I don't want this, not at all, as I am not a fan of the league. But nonethless it is still an option.

D:

We sell or loan Oscar and use Willian, who is arguably more equipped for the job we ask of him (if we wish to play the same as we do now) in the number 10 and use Cuadrado and soon our academy grads on the RW.

E:

We do as above on D but rather than selling Oscar, we simply just invert Willian's and Oscar's positions with Willian in the 10 and Oscar on the RW.

But I'm almost certain he will not be sold. Apparently coaching staff regard him as one of the best talents we have, alonside Hazard.

Mikel and Oscar do compare quite a bit... Contrary to what you're saying, any one that knows anything about football would know they have actually had a similar pattern in their development. (Not a dig at you Joker, more so at SMDPSG). I'll detail how they do below.

Mikel was once considered a world class talent, believe it or not. He led his Nigeria to the finals of the U20 World Cup in 2005 where they lost to Argentina. He finished behind only a certain Lionel Messi in the Golden Ball award. He was seen as a huge talent from then onwards. Oscar is another player that shone massively in the U20 World Cup, hence why he was so heralded - he did after all score a hat trick in the 2011 final in which Brazil won. Both were considered massive talents at a very young age.

Don't forget that Mikel scrapped a massive, controversial transfer saga between us and Manchester United. Surely, if he wasn't considered such a huge talent at the time he wouldn't have caused the above. I'm pretty sure you are well aware of the details of Mikel's transfer to us. Huge things were expected from him, he was seen as a potential world class midfielder. Oscar similarly had a lot of clubs after him after his showings in the 2011 U20 World Cup.

Both came at the club as massive talents and were seen as players that had the potential to be world class midfielders. As we all know, Mikel did not develop as well as we wanted to - various reasons for that i.e. him having his position changed from originally being a number 10 to a number 6-like anchor man, him not developing into a star at all etc... While IMO Mikel is not a bad player, he certainly isn't good enough to be a starter for us. Very solid squad player IMO though. I can easily see the same happening to Oscar. It's scary how his best game IMO for us was his Champions League debut three seasons ago. He hasn't developed as well as he should have despite having an ample amount of game time (just like Mikel) and he definitely hasn't shown enough over the last three seasons that he is good enough to be a nailed on starter in his position and one of the best in his position in the world either.

I used to be a massive Oscar supporter, until after a few months ago, you can check my posts. I have run out of patience with him though. If you believe that Oscar still has the potential to be one of the best number 10s in the world then fair enough but I've seen that that ship has sailed a long time ago. I didn't want to bring Eden into it but one thing I will always remember is how some said that Oscar will be a better player than Eden. That's how highly he was rated. Now anyone would laugh if you suggested the same.

Unfortunately, he just isn't a special player like that. As I've said many times before, he'd be a pretty good squad player and he isn't useless but we can definitely do better. Luckily for us, Oscar has a pretty high market value it seems, so I definitely wouldn't hesitate to sell if a nice offer came in.

Ah Skip .... Always a joy to read your posts. #notjokingasusual #boss #skipper

Judging by the emoji i used that the end one would actually understand it wasn't to be taken seriously. I genuinely believe some aren't even 18 when giving a proper reply.

My definition of hate is when you deliberately insult a player even if he is indeed poor, rubbing him on all side or using false arguments deliberately just to put him down more.

Im not hating Willian it was just a reply for that guy who seems to think the Goals and Assists are the most important. Learn to respect a player before actually trying to give me a reply about hating. Atleast i don't bash and insult the players of the team i support.

Also you do seem to have sharp tongue when someone is defending him juding from your posts. I don't even like Oscar more than Cahill or Ramires but the hate he accumulates makes me support him more due to people such as yourself. There is no problem giving your opinion about a player thats why this forum is for, but atleast talk polite without attacking a certain player and insulting him like the last man on earth.

Oscar is very poor at the moment, it's frustrating to watch him in the last period not only because of his on field perfomances but also because i don't understand how he dropped his form in middle season yet again but yet i won't go as down as to insult him in such a bad manner like you did a few days ago. I might get angry sometimes with certain players but i try to temperate myself when writting because at the end of the day its a football match, he didn't killed anyone and doesn't even have antecedents or bad behaviours. You would probably explode is he was Balotelli.

Another and final point to end this discussion i dont even understood why you need to reply to me. I didn't used any names for those called "haters" some actually take the time to write a post in a constructive way that it makes it very enjoyable to read even if its negative or positive about Oscar.

The fact you try to attack me with useless facts only proves what i said is indeed true and you do actually feel yourself like a hater.

So stating the FACT that oscar has not scored/assisted sonce jan is now "hating" on him???!!!! What school of thought do u follow my friend??!!!

And again, a lot of moral drivel that I barely skime d thru. Could not even get myself to really give it a read. But it just clicked me that u have do convinient ignored all that I had actually written about oscar. Well, not surprising to be honest.

As for attacking, well like u said, this is a forum. I expressed my opinion and indtead of expressing yours, u tried to put down others as haters while claiming the moral high ground. Yet, your name (basic sense should prevail) and the fact that u tried to bring willian into the equation when someone replied to another poster that oscar had not scored/assisted since jan and thus is unlikely to score a hattrick, is well another evidence of your massive hypocrisy. As for oscar, I will start respecting him, when he starts respexting the club. Here is a little thing about "RESPECT". It needs to be EARNED. Just being wearing a chelsea does not mean that we have to respect him. Wheb I see that he is putting his 100% even if it is like the likes of GC, rambo or iva etc etc even if its not the world class performance but the fact that a player puts his 100% for the shirt and badge, then I will start "respecting" a player. Like I said, respect needs to be earned, itit's not a findamental right.

Mikel and Oscar do compare quite a bit... Contrary to what you're saying, any one that knows anything about football would know they have actually had a similar pattern in their development. (Not a dig at you Joker, more so at SMDPSG). I'll detail how they do below.

Mikel was once considered a world class talent, believe it or not. He led his Nigeria to the finals of the U20 World Cup in 2005 where they lost to Argentina. He finished behind only a certain Lionel Messi in the Golden Ball award. He was seen as a huge talent from then onwards. Oscar is another player that shone massively in the U20 World Cup, hence why he was so heralded - he did after all score a hat trick in the 2011 final in which Brazil won. Both were considered massive talents at a very young age.

Don't forget that Mikel scrapped a massive, controversial transfer saga between us and Manchester United. Surely, if he wasn't considered such a huge talent at the time he wouldn't have caused the above. I'm pretty sure you are well aware of the details of Mikel's transfer to us. Huge things were expected from him, he was seen as a potential world class midfielder. Oscar similarly had a lot of clubs after him after his showings in the 2011 U20 World Cup.

Both came at the club as massive talents and were seen as players that had the potential to be world class midfielders. As we all know, Mikel did not develop as well as we wanted to - various reasons for that i.e. him having his position changed from originally being a number 10 to a number 6-like anchor man, him not developing into a star at all etc... While IMO Mikel is not a bad player, he certainly isn't good enough to be a starter for us. Very solid squad player IMO though. I can easily see the same happening to Oscar. It's scary how his best game IMO for us was his Champions League debut three seasons ago. He hasn't developed as well as he should have despite having an ample amount of game time (just like Mikel) and he definitely hasn't shown enough over the last three seasons that he is good enough to be a nailed on starter in his position and one of the best in his position in the world either.

I used to be a massive Oscar supporter, until after a few months ago, you can check my posts. I have run out of patience with him though. If you believe that Oscar still has the potential to be one of the best number 10s in the world then fair enough but I've seen that that ship has sailed a long time ago. I didn't want to bring Eden into it but one thing I will always remember is how some said that Oscar will be a better player than Eden. That's how highly he was rated. Now anyone would laugh if you suggested the same.

Unfortunately, he just isn't a special player like that. As I've said many times before, he'd be a pretty good squad player and he isn't useless but we can definitely do better. Luckily for us, Oscar has a pretty high market value it seems, so I definitely wouldn't hesitate to sell if a nice offer came in.

I see where you are coming from and i agree with what you wrote. But there are differences and why their career will go in different directions. Pre Chelsea career are very similar no doubt. But here are the differences:

A) Oscar has shined much brighter then Mikel- Look i like Mikel a lot, he is a solid player and has done a lot of good things for this club. But in no way did he ever looked as good as Oscar has at some point in his Chelsea career. At best he has looked like a solid role player. Numerous times during his Chelsea career Oscar has looked as one of our best player, in no time Mikel has reached that level.

B) Inconsitency- Oscar biggest problem has been lack of consistency, but one thing with Mikel we can always expect is consistency. There is where i see major differences, Mikel been very consistent through out his career few can deny that, but so far with Oscar is how he tails off in the second part of the season. I don't think anyone few would be unhappy with Oscar or would question his place if he played like he did in the first half of the season.

C) Personality/Attitudes- It may sound cliche and some thing you just can't describe with words, but i feel Mikel lacks that killer instinct and the it factor to reach the top. Everything through out his career has made me reach the same conclusion, he is a very good and solid player but nothing more then that. From allowing Mou to convert him to a dm, watching his manors on the pitch, and staying at Chelsea for a role player instead of going to another club for a much bigger role. Has made me reach the conclusion that he has allowed his career to stagnate and settled for an okay career.

Oscar is too much of a fierce competitor to settle for such a career.Oscar is a special player, and has that it factor to be one of the best. It takes a special player to handle the famous Brazil #10 shirt like he did. His performance against Argentina was quite special; his first start, first goal, and against your arch nemises. Personally it tells me a lot how you handle pressure and the heart you show, he has done that through out his career. His debut against Juve for Chelsea. He masked Pirlo through out the match, was able to score two goals and one very special one. That is a debut most wish to have. I think people fail to realize how well he adjusted to the league. Consider that he was one year away from one full season in Brazil top flight. He met reasonable expectation very well.

Oscar is too different from Mikel from attitude perspective to have a similar career as Mikel.

As for those saying Oscar>Hazard? meh you will always find people who just give a contrarian point of view, without any underlying reason behind their view.

He has had much better games then the Juve one btw. The study of Psychology explains this, Humans are quite effected by a first impression. Oscar performance blew us away for a debut game, so generally that experience will leave a much bigger mark in our memory.

I strongly disagree with you one point though. When you said his ship has sailed to become one of the best 10 in the world. If he keeps his first half play for a full season then by most he would be one of the best 10 in the world.

If you disagree that is fine and lets leave it at that. I only responded out of respect for your reply.

However gets Oscar in the summer is going to get a bargain, i promise you that.

Let's hope he could do the best for the rest of minutes he would get on the remaining games. No used to hate him. I will support any player wearing a Chelsea shirt.

Since when do we associate criticizing a player with hating him? Can someone please explain that?

If someone is criticizing a player senselessly, then you might have a point with saying that person hates that player. But majority, if not all, of the criticism about Oscar in here has been valid and for good reason. If you think Oscar has been good for Chelsea, then at least counter the argument with a proper point as opposed to resorting to lazy cliches like 'person A hates Oscar'. It comes off as if you actually do not have anything good to say about him and even indirectly suggests that person may be right all along with his views about Oscar.

Since when do we associate criticizing a player with hating him? Can someone please explain that?

If someone is criticizing a player senselessly, then you might have a point with saying that person hates that player. But majority, if not all, of the criticism about Oscar in here has been valid and for good reason. If you think Oscar has been good for Chelsea, then at least counter the argument with a proper point as opposed to resorting to lazy cliches like 'person A hates Oscar'. It comes off as if you actually do not have anything good to say about him and even indirectly suggests that person may be right all along with his views about Oscar.

That's my general opinion. But now you mentioned about it. I'm surprised you, of all people didn't spot the obvious one in here. I associate someone using a words of 'piece of s***' to any of our player as beyond criticizing whatever the reason.

That's my general opinion. But now you mentioned about it. I'm surprised you, of all people didn't spot the obvious one in here. I associate someone using a words of 'piece of s***' to any of our player as beyond criticizing whatever the reason.

Take that out and you'll see the point.

Exactly what i was trying to say also no other member would give so many "Likes" to all possible members who critizing Oscar without really hating him, seriously now. But i won't enter in this subject again because it's pointless.

Gave us the spark that we needed when he came on in the second half with a very good five minute burst.

Perhaps went out of it a bit further on, but he still played some decent passes and made some good runs that for a variety of reasons didn't bear fruit.

On balance he played an important role in the victory by injecting some quality to our attacks when he came on.