Oscar

themightyblue

No way... I hoped Frank's number would not be assigned to anyone else at least for a couple of seasons and when that happens we should have given it to someone more deserving of it.

What can you do?...

From one legend number to the other... can he somehow get some inspiration from that?

I think having #8 is even bigger at Chelsea than #11 because Lamps is one of the biggest legends of this club ever (imo)...

I like this about Oscar... he gave up the #10 for Neymar (because Neymar asked it - and yes, Rapha, he did and we already had that discussion :P) and now someone probably asked him to give Drogba's number back as I don't see why Oscar would have asked #8 himself. He just seems not to care about that stuff at all.

No way... I hoped Frank's number would not be assigned to anyone else at least for a couple of seasons and when that happens we should have given it to someone more deserving of it.

What can you do?...

let's ask Lamps to come here on a loan and wear it again. oh wait...

Why exactly is he worthy of lampard number. What has he done to earn it. Further proof that he's the most overrated player in the squad.

He better do that number justice as it was previously worn by a player who was Hallmark of consistency and excellence and holds huge significance.

Didier Drogba, who returned this summer for a second spell at the club, will switch from no.15 to no.11, with Oscar taking the no.8 vacated by Frank Lampard.

Drogba said: ‘I am very pleased to be able to return to the number 11 shirt and I am very grateful to Oscar for allowing me to make this change.’

Oscar added: ‘Didier is a Chelsea legend and a senior player. I am happy for him to take the 11 and for me to take the 8. Lamps is another legend at this club and I hope I will be as successful in the shirt as he was.’

From the Official Site.

Class act by both

He likes to invite criticism doesn't he? Well his career should begin in earnest now as he is not such a kid anymore @23 I expect him to be able to have a big positive influence on the team/result in one of every three games in the EPL and domestic cups, that makes for about 15 to 20 very good performances for the season domestically. Those are my expectations for him this season. He usually plays well in europe and gets over 10 goals in all competions combined but with a GREAT striker now in our squad I expect not less than 8 direct assists from him.

F*cking stupid decision. Drogba was good with the 15th number and Oscar didn't deserve even the 11th number. I just can't stand seeing the 8th number being worn by someone else. Another stupid act from our board or from who is doing the squad numbers. Lampard's number deserved not to be worn by someone else for one season at least...