Oscar

themightyblue

He was the freshest amongst all the players that just came back from the WC. I really think he is going to enjoy having Costa and Fabregas in front and behind him.

P.S: I don't why Oscar's face looks really weird when he is running with the ball. :ph34r:

as Skipper describes Diego Costa, he has an orthodox style. I see Oscar also having one for an AM, especially one with such a small frame. He has his trademark way to pass and to shoot - you can shadow a match, covering all guys with black ink and you'd still be able to tell who Oscar is for a certain kind of touch, pass and just the way he moves. He's that kind of guy that you look and give nothing for him, think he can't offer much, and then he just does what he does - either offensively or defensively.

Don't you mean unorthodox? Orthodox is conventional, usual - unorthodox is the opposite - unconventional, uncommon, original, avant-garde ;)

Don't you mean unorthodox? Orthodox is conventional, usual - unorthodox is the opposite - unconventional, uncommon, original, avant-garde ;)

yep, that's what I meant unorthodox. As usual my brains and fingers didn't agree when writing. Wouldn't be the first time even yesterday, but thanks for correcting me.

just saw loser vs dortmund match. Oscar really need to step up his game this season. Coutinho is such a very talented young player, already play nearly world class level at his age, and breathe down oscar neck for AM position on Brazilian NT

just saw loser vs dortmund match. Oscar really need to step up his game this season. Coutinho is such a very talented young player, already play nearly world class level at his age, and breathe down oscar neck for AM position on Brazilian NT

And I'm watching Arsenal vs Man City now and Ramsey is playing brilliantly. Oscar really needs to step it up.

Coutinho should have been called up this summer. Hopefully dunga blows that entire team up.

Garbage today, but it's only pre season. Might take a while for him to kick on this season. I hope not though, because we seriously need him to step it up in the final third.

He just looks scared - rabbit in headlights - I'm sad to say it but 'mentally' I'm not sure he can handle it.

There's no denying he can be a great footballer - but it's just not working for him at Chelsea.

I'm leaning towards moving the lad on - cant bear to see him like this for a whole season more - it's like he's not enjoying it anymore...

I know it's a Pre-season friendly - but he's definitely not the same as the lad we signed - sure he works harder now, bu his vision, passing and link-up play have detoriated badly.

Oh well lets see what happens until January... Such a shame though - really hoping he finds some form soon...

Yep, agree. After returning from 4th August, it has been 7 days. Can't believe, he is that s***. Let's sell him. We need a ready fit world class player who could do the job after 7 days of training only. That's the standard we set for every player. Let's sign another player.

He was very poor today from the moment he got in. Everything he did went wrong, was easily tackled, lost possession, didn't create anything. It was really disappointing. In his defense, he was back on training on Monday and has got around only 5-6 training sessions after vacation (if even that much) and he played nearly 90 minutes Friday and today. I think Mourinho's plan wasn't to use him as much, and bring him around the same time be brought Hazard to the match, but in that case why don't play Hazard for Drogba when he has one more week of training and is in better condition.

One good match, one poor match. He's keeping the trend and I don't like it, hopefully he's just out of shape. Willian was really poor Friday, but today already improved significantly (compared to how bad he was). Hopefully Oscar will improve as well.

Ye but fact is that Coutinho hasn't even made the WC squad. He's a good futsal player on a full pitch, but hardly able to sustain more than 50mn of proper intensity in a single game one time per week. Just can't shot as well.

Not even remotely close to Oscar's influence in all phases of play. Hopefully, Oscar will get some rest when needed with Willian and Fabregas in contention at his position. But otherwise he's too important to be overlooked.

Coutinho is talented but well, will rotate with Lallana and Markovic next season. I'm not sure the comparison makes much sense here

cant you describe more when you mention that? Because i just read stamina alone is your only valid point. Cou currently has more technical ability, creativity, and just slightly better dribbling than oscar. Oscar defending skill make him look more balanced player than Cou, but i think a lot manager will cover that issue with his team mates (After all, we know that Oscar is Mou-type players), and defend never be the main attribute for AM. Like i said, cou breating down oscar neck in Brazil NT. As for my concern, i chose Oscar over him because i feel safer watching Chelsea play with AM like Oscar.

And coutinho cant shot? In which parallel universe?