Oscar

themightyblue

while Cesc is still adapting to the tactics and the teammates

Judging from pre season Fabregas has been running the show - everything has gone through him. Granted the other key players haven't been present so this will obviously have an affect. I agree it will take time, but his experience and ability should mean it won't take too long :)

Judging from pre season Fabregas has been running the show - everything has gone through him. Granted the other key players haven't been present so this will obviously have an affect. I agree it will take time, but his experience and ability should mean it won't take too long :)

actually he creatively he had some very nice moments and was sort of anonymous at others - hence why some people were criticizing him (prematurely imo). He's coming from tiki taka BS and even if he was too direct for that shit, he still programmed his brain for that. I think in a couple of months he'll be completely in sync with the team, but until he reaches his highest level, Oscar (and others who also failed to be an answer for us last season) will have to step up. Regardless of Cesc, Oscar needs to step up ASAP.

that picture is weird. Oscar has flawless teeth, better looking than Filipe's imo.

10399436_694456993924429_309759618552508

your words against mine. see you in court :ph34r:

Ahhh yes, even with teeth like that he still better looking than felipe. Prob most handsome in Brazillian NT right now. But just until piazon good enough to make it to Brazilian NT.

Why Im talking about handsomeness of a man in the middle of night... Ghh, darn you Barb :yawn:

your words against mine. see you in court :ph34r:

Ahhh yes, even with teeth like that he still better looking than felipe. Prob most handsome in Brazillian NT right now. But just until piazon good enough to make it to Brazilian NT.

Why Im talking about handsomeness of a man in the middle of night... Ghh, darn you Barb :yawn:

I meant the teeth are better looking because I like bigger teeth. People with small teeth look like chickens in my 'Bobby's World' imagination.

I just realized that if Oscar, Willian and Ramires keep their first team statuses from last season, there will be 5 Brazilians in the lineup (plus Costa and Luís). Even if they're in the bench, it's still a lot of Brazilians. It must be giving some people nightmares :lol:

I just realized that if Oscar, Willian and Ramires keep their first team statuses from last season, there will be 5 Brazilians in the lineup (plus Costa and Luís). Even if they're in the bench, it's still a lot of Brazilians. It must be giving some people nightmares[\b] :lol:

Not the Germans. Hope we don't play Bayern:ph34r:

Not the Germans. Hope we don't play Bayern:ph34r:

but that's what I meant. Who are the very top players Brazil have nowadays, I mean the players are that #1 or #2 in their position currently? Before the WC Thiago Silva had a case, now not even him. It's not a good moment to be filled of Brazilian players - not only this generation isn't the most talented in general, but our stocks are sky falling in the football market. Sure, Oscar, Willian, Costa and Luís aren't bad players, but they aren't THAT good either. Costa and Oscar could be one day, and while Costa is in great form he isn't exceptional, far from it. hence why having so many Brazilians now could give some people nightmares.

Filipe Luis certainly has a case (even if he hasn't showed it this preseason yet). Here's how highly he's rated in Spain, even by Real Madrid:

http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/1957572/chelseas-filipe-luis-was-atletico-madrids-best-player-paul-clement

I liked the line on Costa where he said he wasn't Drogba yet ,, BUT an improvement on what we have ...

FFS I'd be no worse than Torres and I'm 77 on Monday

He was good today, nothing we haven't seen before. I don't think Oscar shows a lot of trouble early in the season, although we don't know for sure how fit he is - whether he's burned out or not - or how confident he feels after the humiliating two last matches in the WC and those things could impact his early form.

But it seems - and it could be premature, because the same way I can't define Willian for one match after a couple of training sessions, I can't define Oscar either - like he's back on track. I think he gave the stability we always talk about, especially in the midfield. He ahead of Cesc alternating with him when he had possession (going deeper), providing good passes in the final third and showing his usual good finishing, were all positives. He seems to link up with Luís and Cesc very well (so does Hazard) and he played in every AM position today (right, middle, left).

I'm stubborn and I still want to see a 4-3-3 with him, Cesc and Matic and I hope that's one of the tests Mourinho is planning to do on pre-season. They showed a lot of consistency today in the midfield in the first half - which is why I can't understand mesousa's conclusion that our midfield was better with Ramires when it clearly wasn't (imo, of course). We were very strong, stable and direct in the first half, with a combination of Cesc great balls from behind, Oscar adding stability to the midfield when he we don't have the ball and being useful in the attack when we do, Schurrle being very direct and fast, Hazard having more space, as opponents were more distributed, covering those other guys and all on top of all that, Diego Costa ahead of them, sometimes having more space than opposition should give him (but then if they double mark him Hazard or Schurrle are probably with more freedom in the wings) and receiving good balls from almost all those players behind him. I think if Oscar keeps up this level and is able to play well through the winter, our first half formation with the exception of Cech/Courtois and probably Iva/Luís, is what we should be playing most of our matches the upcoming season.

When he's in the zone he's a joy to watch. Hopefully he can keep it up.

He's got such a weird and awkward style with the ball. It's hard to explain but it always appears as though he's not completely under control of the ball yet he's still effective at beating people in 1 on 1's.

Was good. Liked the movement between him, Hazard, Schurrle, Costa and Fabregas which will hopefully get better. They interchanged positions and made runs beyond Costa (look at Schurrle and Fab for his goal) which confused the defence.

That front five could be devastating for us.

When he's in the zone he's a joy to watch. Hopefully he can keep it up.

He's got such a weird and awkward style with the ball. It's hard to explain but it always appears as though he's not completely under control of the ball yet he's still effective at beating people in 1 on 1's.

as Skipper describes Diego Costa, he has an unorthodox style. I see Oscar also having one for an AM, especially one with such a small frame. He has his trademark way to pass and to shoot - you can shadow a match, covering all guys with black ink and you'd still be able to tell who Oscar is for a certain kind of touch, pass and just the way he moves. He's that kind of guy that you look and give nothing for him, think he can't offer much, and then he just does what he does - either offensively or defensively.