Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Oscar

BlueLion.
Followers 2

Fair enough. Neither of you think Koke would be creative enough to replace Oscar in our team but there are very few AMs out there who would provide the defensive workrate and playmaking abilities we demand from our number 10. An alternative and better short-term option is to simply depend less on the AMs for the attacks and more on our FBs (Azpi-Luis) but doubt that's going to happen.

Actually a better and simpler solution is to remove Iva from the RB and therefore demand less from our RW defensively which we all know won't happen. The day Mourinho stops playing Iva as a RB is the day I'll start having bikini pics as my avatar
  • Like 4
  • Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our Brazilians

In 2012 I predicted he would become a better player than Eden Hazard. With the help of my friends and family I have since been able to overcome my crack addiction

Hazard is Hazard, Oscar is Oscar and Mata is Mata.

Posted Images

Actually a better and simpler solution is to remove Iva from the RB and therefore demand less from our RW defensively which we all know won't happen. The day Mourinho stops playing Iva as a RB is the day I'll start having bikini pics as my avatar

If Ivanovic were dropped from RB we'd be playing Azpi-Luis, no? But I'm pretty sure Ivanovic will remain the number 1 RB for as long as Jose is still in charge.

• Like 1

Aha! :Goober:

• Like 1

Aha! :Goober:

I know what I'm risking here, it's not going to happen.

For the odd game such as the Sporting match he'll deploy Luis + Azpi, but he won't simply drop Iva from RB on a regular basis.

I'm so certain about it that I don't even have one single bikini picture - even if I wanted to post them, I know neither will never happen...

Isco would be the ideal AM. Isco would be an amazing signing tbh.

If I could sign two from Madrid it'd be him and Varane.

I remember that one of the reasons Mata was sold because he didn't do enough work defensively compared to Oscar, would Isco result in the same problem?

On how many levels is it wrong that I now want Bran to start sucking so incredibly that Jose would have no other choice? I should get my priorities straight... :ermm:

Anyway, bookmarked.

• Like 1

On how many levels is it wrong that I now want Bran to start sucking so incredibly that Jose would have no other choice? I should get my priorities straight... :ermm:

Anyway, bookmarked.

He's been quite sloppy lately... worse than this only if he starts showing Swansea-FA cup performances every other week...

Isco would be the ideal AM. Isco would be an amazing signing tbh.

If I could sign two from Madrid it'd be him and Varane.

Not going to happen. Why would Madrid sell those 2?

One or two bad performance, and then he is not good enough for us. Okay.

Jose is the clueless person in the world to give him the contract extension just a couple months ago.

I thought he is doing fine until the contract extension signing. After that he has been in 'ill period', it is harsh to said he is 'not good enough this season' imo.

Edit : I've got my mind back

Very very unconvincing despite the goal and assist papering over the cracks. I literally couldn't believe how poor his all round play was. Oscar has rode on the coattails of Fabregas and Fabregas held his hand, but that mini partnership is now non-existent. He's back to last season mediocrity now. He lacks so many things and I've even noticed some selfishness in his play. Just like Willian and Schurrle, I can't trust him anymore. Not a dependable player for me.

• Like 4

yeah. he sucked hugely first half. but i let him off this match, contributed to the win alot.

well putting the ball in an almost empty net is suddenly "contributing" a lot. in that ways willian/iva should be the MOTM cos they took the quick corner to the goal.

i mean we should forget that he sucked the whole match. gave the ball away in crucial situations. i mean hazard plays him a straight forward goal in a counter from our own corner and he ends up giving the ball away about 30 yards from our goal making us susceptible. but well, since he scored a tap in... we should let it all slide away. long live oscar. best no.10 ever.!!!

A real conundrum. As long as his end product produces like today and he keeps harassing the defense in possession, the glitz and glamour of a sparkly #10 will not have a place in Jose's team.

In some morbid way, I just want them to squash Willian and Oscar together because I truly think they'd make one helluva player if they were one.

well putting the ball in an almost empty net is suddenly "contributing" a lot. in that ways willian/iva should be the MOTM cos they took the quick corner to the goal.

i mean we should forget that he sucked the whole match. gave the ball away in crucial situations. i mean hazard plays him a straight forward goal in a counter from our own corner and he ends up giving the ball away about 30 yards from our goal making us susceptible. but well, since he scored a tap in... we should let it all slide away. long live oscar. best no.10 ever.!!!

To be fair @Lucio has made two very short statements and none of it is warranting the reaction. Unless this goes really far back between you two. Just an observation.

Edit: one glance over to the Cahill thread and I have my answer.

• Like 1