Oscar

themightyblue

According to WAGNH, Oscar is only on 40K/wk! :fainthv9:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/1/8/5276182/chelsea-player-wage-database-salaries-january-transfer-window#comment_tease

To put that into perspective, Torres is on about 4.5 times that (175k)! Someone give this man a contract renegotiation ASAP!

It's understandable (although I doubt it's as 'low' *spits* as 40k). I doubt he was on a big salary in Brazil. His current deal allows the club to give him much better contracts when it's time for renewal, but they will also be sustainable for the club.

It's understandable (although I doubt it's as 'low' *spits* as 40k). I doubt he was on a big salary in Brazil. His current deal allows the club to give him much better contracts when it's time for renewal, but they will also be sustainable for the club.

Yeah, it kinda makes sense but when it's put next to some of the figures that our other players get, it looks ridiculous.

As low as 40K/wk! Ha. I'd be very happy if I get a job that pays that per year :lol:

That is fair now especially with FFP rule, Hazard was really the last major player on major wages, those days are over and thankfully. Even most of the City signings over this summer are huge fees but not that much in wages, Negredo is on something like £75k and Fernandinho is around there too. In the future with FFP £100k will eventually be the max mark imo, it would only be passed if top players are allowed to move on a free like Lewan/Rooney next year...etc

That is fair now especially with FFP rule, Hazard was really the last major player on major wages, those days are over and thankfully. Even most of the City signings over this summer are huge fees but not that much in wages, Negredo is on something like £75k and Fernandinho is around there too. In the future with FFP £100k will eventually be the max mark imo, it would only be passed if top players are allowed to move on a free like Lewan/Rooney next year...etc

Aye - the £40k week will be base salary (bit like a sales guy) - I would reckon with bonuses and sponsorship etc he easily clears double that a week...

Keep the fixed costs low, make everything variable (success dependent) - then it's easier to balance the books...

Torres is a huge chunk of change - hope he does well in merchandising ;)

According to WAGNH, Oscar is only on 40K/wk! :fainthv9:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/1/8/5276182/chelsea-player-wage-database-salaries-january-transfer-window#comment_tease

To put that into perspective, Torres is on about 4.5 times that (175k)! Someone give this man a contract renegotiation ASAP!

Eto'o - £135,000 a week, £19,285 a day, £803.57 an hour, £13.39 a minute :mouthclosed:

He needs to be more consistent. I bet he will play a good game against Utd, then nothing the next 2 games after. Rinse and repeat.

I don't think he had a bad match against Hull. I guess I'd like him to be more incisive actually rather than consistent as I don't think consistency is one of this problems.

I don't think he had a bad match against Hull. I guess I'd like him to be more incisive actually rather than consistent as I don't think consistency is one of this problems.

He wasn't bad like Torres, but didn't get involved enough.

Willian was the same for the most part, everyone just kept giving the ball to Hazard to make something happen, and luckily he did.

He had another solid game. The only glaring mistake he mad was when Hazard (who was breaking into the box) tried to play a one-two with him in the fast half and Oscar didn't play it back. Hazard was clearly frustrated and rightly so because he lost his marker and would have been through on goal. Other than that he pressed hard, regained possession and was involved in the build-up to the first goal. Solid game.

He needs to learn speak english. Its now 1,5 year here and he still speaks with difficulty. Im not criticising him, but it is a process every player must go through when he joins new club from different country.

It is extremely important for a playmaker to be able to communicate with team mates and he will have to improve his english in order to do that.

Yeah, I thought he had a bad day. I wonder if he's sick or something because he just didn't seem up to his usual concentration levels. He lost the ball dangerously a few times and didn't track the runner in a couple of occasions as well. Needs to do better but I don't think he'll lose his place to Mata, especially not against a physical side like Westham.

And that's a shame to me, since I personally consider Mata to be a much better player.

So much skill wasted: Josè should really do something about that.

How is it a shame?, we're winning and the system is working. I could understand the sentiment if you wasn't a Chelsea fan, but otherwise..