Oscar

themightyblue

He has been playing really well. But i just cant get over the assists stats from oscar this season and mata from the last two seasons. I am getting the feeling that oscar and willian they always shoot instead of passing near the box. Both of them are trying to impress the manager too much in my opinion. I am not saying they are not playing well but its been something that is starting to annoy me. The fisrt PL assist from oscar was against southhampton or something like that?! A number 10 in a top 4 side should be able to gove 10-20 PL assist in my opinion!

He has been playing really well. But i just cant get over the assists stats from oscar this season and mata from the last two seasons. I am getting the feeling that oscar and willian they always shoot instead of passing near the box. Both of them are trying to impress the manager too much in my opinion. I am not saying they are not playing well but its been something that is starting to annoy me. The fisrt PL assist from oscar was against southhampton or something like that?! A number 10 in a top 4 side should be able to gove 10-20 PL assist in my opinion!

It was against Liverpool I think? And you really can't blame our AM for not having many assists considering our striking options.

In any case Oscar does so many good things I will forgive him for not having the best final ball.

:lol:

neither of them shoot enough (especially given how nice their finishing is) and it was a topic of discussion just earlier this week in one of the threads...

This thread needs more boobs :Goober:

To keep it short, Oscar seems to be, atm, the only player who makes the right decisions in the final third for us. More often than not, he makes the right run, the right pass, the right shot. This is what the other attackers in our team have been missing to turn half chances into chances and to turn chances into goals.

This thread needs more boobs :Goober:

To keep it short, Oscar seems to be, atm, the only player who makes the right decisions in the final third for us. More often than not, he makes the right run, the right pass, the right shot. This is what the other attackers in our team have been missing to turn half chances into chances and to turn chances into goals.

I was censored on my boobs! I can't bring my boobs anymore. Jay Jay doesn't like boobs. This is the anti-boobs brigade. booo

:Goober:

He's been very solid again and I'll risk having my words twisted, but that's my feeling about him in our team, so I'll share it :P

The period he was injured and struggled to recover form after the injury (early december) is the period we conceded more goals, we looked worse, our defense shaky and the team seemed to have lost some of its balance. I'm not saying he's so good Chelsea only plays well when he's in form, especially because he isn't as creative as Mata, as fast as Hazard or not even as direct as Willian, but there's no denial anymore we're a team with him and another without him.

Didn't play against Sunderland and Stoke (we conceded 6 goals to very bottom of the table teams and lost to one of them). Played only 21 minutes against the less than impressive match against Palace. Didn't play well against Steaua, another match we struggled to win. The only match we played well and he didn't was Arsenal (considering only the time after his injury).

He's not a mix of Hazard + Willian + Mata. Those players are more technical than him in at least one aspect of their game or just better on something (passing, vision, pace, creativity, etc). He's very good in almost all aspects of the game, but he doesn't excel in any. Still somehow - even when we don't have a team built around him (we definitely don't, far from it) - he made himself cardinal in this Mourinho's system. If Oscar plays well, we normally play well, if he plays bad we normally play bad and if he doesn't play we look very shaky.

Maybe it's what @CHOULO19 suggested and he simply capitalizes, does the right thing, at the right place, at the right time. But I think is how much he works and how hard that is. We praise his defensive work-rate, but his whole game presents an exceptional work-rate - whether it's attacking, defending, building from behind, controlling the tempo. He gives his everything, he never gives up and he brings his very best in each of his presentations. So it means I made a mistake. He does excel in something: playing with his heart, giving all of himself.

We rarely look disheartened when he plays well (although ofc it's happened before) because if Rami brings energy, Oscar simply brings sweat. Never gives up on a ball, always tries to be useful and produce for the team and is always trying to help his teammates. I've seen many times he tracked back when he realized we had trouble moving onto the attack. Sometimes he tracks back because he wants, but watch the last couple of games and see him abandoning the attack and coming deep in the midfield to help.

I wish he was more incisive though. But just like I'm patiently (liar, liar, pants on fire, I'm anxiously) waiting Hazard to peak, I think when Oscar does it'll be fantastic. He's proved he has vision, he's smart, creative, but I feel he produces much less when attacking than his potential. He has a great finishing, but he doesn't shoot enough (although he did shoot a lot against Derby), he can provide a defense splitting pass, but he doesn't do it often enough. He doesn't takes on the opponents as much as he could and watching him against Soton I wonder why he doesn't play as high more often. He's played ahead of Hazard and the strikers and received those two through balls Hazard provided him (the goal and the dive) and if he positioned himself a few times in the match to receive that ball, he would have good chances of capitalizing. His positioning is VERY smart and he has good pace and good finishing.

I can't wait to see this kid as the finished product. I think we underrate some aspects of his game because he doesn't show it enough, but he's proved that if he develops to his full potential, he'll be one of the very best players in the world. And by full potential I simply mean consistency, he just needs to do certain things more often, there a few aspects of his game that really need sharpening (imo his overall pass, vision and incisiveness), but most of all he needs to try to be more offensive and creative more often and it'll start improving his tangible stats. But the intangible part of his game will always be one of the highlights about him. It's about the space he creates, the option he provides, the calm he brings, the defensive assurance he adds. A lot of very important aspects that major stats won't show us, but watching him carefully we can easily notice.

Still not better than Hazard imo, and still not more creative than Mata. I don't think he'll ever be either of those things, but it doesn't take away how good he truly is, even in a less outstanding way (but not by much less by no means).

I was censored on my boobs! I can't bring my boobs anymore. Jay Jay doesn't like boobs. This is the anti-boobs brigade. booo

@, is just jealous because he doesn't have any :P

It's one of his many "issues" :Goober:

Maybe it's what @CHOULO19 suggested and he simply capitalizes, does the right thing, at the right place, at the right time. But I think is how much he works and how hard that is. We praise his defensive work-rate, but his whole game presents an exceptional work-rate - whether it's attacking, defending, building from behind, controlling the tempo. He gives his everything, he never gives up and he brings his very best in each of his presentations. So it means I made a mistake. He does excel in something: playing with his heart, giving all of himself.

Of course, that's not all he brings to the team, but I think that is one area where his absence really shows because our decision making in the final third has been amateurish to put it lightly when Oscar is not playing. How many times have Willian or Schurrle misplaced the final pass or played the wrong one or chose the wrong time to release the ball or to shoot? I think this is what Jose means when he says that our biggest issue is that we can't kill games off because we aren't turning half chances into chances and chances into goals.

@, is just jealous because he doesn't have any :P

It's one of his many "issues" :Goober:

Indeed, I don't have one. That is why I'm envy of Choo Choo's boobs.. :Goober:

According to WAGNH, Oscar is only on 40K/wk! :fainthv9:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/1/8/5276182/chelsea-player-wage-database-salaries-january-transfer-window#comment_tease

To put that into perspective, Torres is on about 4.5 times that (175k)! Someone give this man a contract renegotiation ASAP!

According to WAGNH, Oscar is only on 40K/wk! :fainthv9:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/1/8/5276182/chelsea-player-wage-database-salaries-january-transfer-window#comment_tease

To put that into perspective, Torres is on about 4.5 times that (175k)! Someone give this man a contract renegotiation ASAP!

Not sure how true are those figures but bloody hell, Marin earn more wages than Azpi! :doh:

Not sure how true are those figures but bloody hell, Marin earn more wages than Azpi! :doh:

Obviously no one knows the exact figures except for the club, but WAGNH is about as reliable as it gets. And Chalobah is already on 30K! :doh: