Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Oscar

BlueLion.
Followers 2

Jack of all trades, master of none?

Well first of all, he is 22 and he can become master of many things in few years. Thats what people call development. Pogba isnt realy world class at anything yet. Neither is James. But they will be in few years.

If Oscar develops properly and adds some muscle, he could easily be our #8 for years to come...

As for James Rodriguez, he's the perfect #10. Dribbling ability, technically gifted, vision, flair, a natural playmaker

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our Brazilians

In 2012 I predicted he would become a better player than Eden Hazard. With the help of my friends and family I have since been able to overcome my crack addiction

Hazard is Hazard, Oscar is Oscar and Mata is Mata.

Posted Images

Can you wait after the world cup to do your daily critique of Oscar.

So no counter argument then as expected. If Oscar wasn't so technically limited and overrated I bet you would have something to concrete to say other than the go to argument "He has mythical huge potential and he's only 22.

Willian Salah Hazard Schurrle are all better than Oscar.

How can you say that Salah is better than Oscar lol what has he shown? Salah has barely played for us, while Oscar has shown he can be very important for us.

I think we all agree he wasn't much good last year barring a few games at the beginning of the season. Next season will be massive for him, the WC will be well behind him and hopefully he is ready to really kick on from the season start. I said earlier on in the thread that he won't be afforded another season like he has just had and I stand by that, because Mourinho won't have it either, that's a given. I feel we have a number of players capable of playing as the #10 in this team such as Willian, Hazard and Fabregas to shove him from there if he isn't doing it. I also think he could do a job next to Matic this coming season and that Jose may have that in his thought too, to push Cesc as the #10 and allow Oscar's work rate and energy to operate from there.

I don't think all is lost with this lad because I truly he believe he has huge amounts to offer, whether it comes to fruition who knows but Jose put huge faith in him when selling off Mata that he can play a role in this team. That role is up for debate and to which it will be we know little. I just have this feeling he will played deeper this season and our main creative player will be Cesc behind the striker. It's a great headache to have for anyone, we have a lot of options, we need them, it's a long season but this group has astronomical talent and Jose will get it right whether it be Oscar or all of them.

UTC

• Like 4

So no counter argument then as expected. If Oscar wasn't so technically limited and overrated I bet you would have something to concrete to say other than the go to argument "He has mythical huge potential and he's only 22.

Spain and their superior technically ability says hi in the world cup.

Waking up every morning and bashing Oscar is my job-Lionsden.

• Like 1

He's very hit and miss i feel, one match he can have the control and touch of Zidane (OTT? :lol:) , the next match he can look like Ramires on the ball... i don't know what it is, i'm hoping next season will be his year.

• Like 1

Serious discussion.

I'm curious to know what people and some pundits base their assertion that Oscar has the potential to be one of the best attacking midfielders and how can potential be measured, are there a set of criterias to measuring such things or is it purely subjective and just based on experience and the number of appearance a young player has under his belt at club and NT level.

What makes Oscar have more potential than let's say a Coutinho or a Memphis Depay (just using them as random examples).

Serious discussion.

I'm curious to know what people and some pundits base their assertion that Oscar has the potential to be one of the best attacking midfielders and how can potential be measured, are there a set of criterias to measuring such things or is it purely subjective and just based on experience and the number of appearance a young player has under his belt at club and NT level.

What makes Oscar have more potential than let's say a Coutinho or a Memphis Depay (just using them as random examples).

he has played good games at higher levels than them. juventus and psg at home for example. so it is easier to say that he is likely to become a good player. of course we would have to see how coutinho and depay do in similar situations.

he has played good games at higher levels than them. juventus and psg at home for example. so it is easier to say that he is likely to become a good player. of course we would have to see how coutinho and depay do in similar situations.

So in your non biased opinion do you think he has sufficiently passed the test at club level and is a couple of good games in UCL/top level a better criteria to use than lets say consistency and technical ability. For me the latter is a better measure, especially for offensive players.

you should be able to say player A has everything from a technical standpoint (passing, close control, dribbling, vision etc depending on their skillset which usually defines a players position on the pitch) and just needs to work on his tactical game and gain more maturity rather than player B has done well in a couple of games at the high level but very limited technically and woefully inconsistent.

I feel player A has the better scope to develop into a "future world class" player than player B as tactical game is much easier to develop than technical game. i.e A kovacic for e.g is more likely to develop into a world class player than a Welbeck, who mind you, just like Oscar as done well in some games at the top level and more proven than the mateo. instrumental against Real madrid both home and away in the UCL for e.g, just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

I was just researching something about the 2016 Olympics, and I remembered that the Brazil football team will be playing in that tournament as they are hosts.

So Oscar's summers consist of:

2011- U20 World Cup

2012- Olympics

2013- Confederations Cup

2014- World Cup

2015- Copa America

2016- Olympics

Really hope Oscar is allowed a few extra weeks off this summer.. Will do him the world of good

Serious discussion.

To be honest, I don't see him becoming one of the best attacking midfielders. He doesn't have #10's attributes for that: great vision and the talent to provide the final ball. His passing is good, but nothing extraordinary. He doesn't do many through balls and isn't very good at keeping possession.

That being said, he's still a good player with good work rate and tackling abilities. While I don't think he has the potential to become world class #10, I do think he has the potential to become a great midfielder, especially if he puts on some muscle and works on his stamina.

Comparison: Fabregas, Hazard, Oscar, Ramires, Matic:

11135av.jpg

Oscar makes almost as many tackles per 90 as Ramires and Matic, despite playing in an advanced position. His talents clearly aren't that of #10. He's still young. IMO, he can learn and improve and become a great CM.

So in your non biased opinion do you think he has sufficiently passed the test at club level and is a couple of good games in UCL/top level a better criteria to use than lets say consistency and technical ability. For me the latter is a better measure, especially for offensive players.

you should be able to say player A has everything from a technical standpoint (passing, close control, dribbling, vision etc depending on their skillset which usually defines a players position on the pitch) and just needs to work on his tactical game and gain more maturity rather than player B has done well in a couple of games at the high level but very limited technically and woefully inconsistent.

I feel player A has the better scope to develop into a "future world class" player than player B as tactical game is much easier to develop than technical game. i.e A kovacic for e.g is more likely to develop into a world class player than a Welbeck, who mind you, just like Oscar as done well in some games at the top level and more proven than the mateo. instrumental against Real madrid both home and away in the UCL for e.g, just my 2 cents.

i just see him , in the same position as schurrle. both shown plenty of glimpses , but need to develop quite a bit further. both similar age, both frustrating at times , but both have respect from mourinho ,and are good enough to get into their national teams , who are among the best.

for some reason oscar gets way more attention. both positive and negative.

I was just researching something about the 2016 Olympics, and I remembered that the Brazil football team will be playing in that tournament as they are hosts.

So Oscar's summers consist of:

2011- U20 World Cup

2012- Olympics

2013- Confederations Cup

2014- World Cup

2015- Copa America

2016- Olympics

Really hope Oscar is allowed a few extra weeks off this summer.. Will do him the world of good

What makes you think Oscar will play at the 2016 Olympics? By then he will no longer be U23 and would have to be included as one of three over-age players. It's possible he'll go but not very likely IMO.

• Like 2